Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 90309 times)

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2016, 09:28:50 PM »
Sad we got rid of Weise, but I'm not unhappy with the return. Danault has the potential to grow into a great two-way forward and a 2nd round pick is nice, even if it will probably be a late one.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2016, 05:51:50 PM »
If you want to know what choking looks like, watch the Rangers-Islanders game. To tie it up after letting the Islanders score 3 goals in 1:55 in the first then give up two bad goals in the last minute and a half of the game is just a brutal way to lose.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2016, 07:34:25 AM »
Rumor is that there will be an announcement today/tonight that St. Louis gets a Winter Classic next year, at Busch Stadium, against Chicago. The Blues play Chicago tonight...

That will be INSANE!!!  :metal  And I will pay whatever I have to in order to be there!!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2016, 07:40:37 AM »
That's awesome! Seems like Chicago is playing outdoors every year.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »
Seems like Chicago is playing outdoors every year.

Well...they keep winning Cups and they are a great team. Of course you'd want them to be highlighted. I can't tell you how pumped I am for this and how beautiful that game will be. That setting at Busch Stadium is awesome....it's going to be insane. I just hope I can get tickets for a reasonable cost so I can take the family, otherwise.....sorry kiddos and wife, Daddy will be home later  :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2016, 11:32:18 AM »
That's awesome.  We're getting a winter classic next year vs Detroit.  Might look into it if you young guys start to gel.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2016, 11:44:15 AM »
Didn't Detroit and Toronto play in the Winter Classic 3 years ago?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2016, 11:47:46 AM »
Didn't Detroit and Toronto play in the Winter Classic 3 years ago?

Indeedy... in Detroit. With the attendance record - 105,000+

Next year it's here.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2016, 11:47:49 PM »
If there's anything to be happy about as a Hab fan, Galchenyuk is a MONSTER right now. :metal 9 goals in the last 7 games. He's stopped trying to do too much at inappropriate times and has seemed to acquire a monstrous one-timer. Obviously he's been practicing something. He may finally be breaking out.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2016, 08:38:45 PM »
Rumor is that there will be an announcement today/tonight that St. Louis gets a Winter Classic next year, at Busch Stadium, against Chicago. The Blues play Chicago tonight...

That will be INSANE!!!  :metal  And I will pay whatever I have to in order to be there!!!

I'd love to go, but tickets will be insanely high, plus I vowed last spring to not spend a cent on the Blues again until they show they can win in the playoffs a little bit (at least a freaking round).  To that end, this is the first season since the early 00s that I have not gone to a single game. 

And honestly, I haven't watched nearly as much this year as I did last year, for example.  I've joked that last year really crushed any hockey spirit for the Blues I had left, but I am afraid it might be true.  I watched the last 10 minutes of regulation and OT last night, and when Chicago scored to tie it up, I was like, "Of course."  And when the Blues won the shootout, I felt nothing.  >:(

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2016, 08:46:34 PM »
I mean, it's not like the Black Hawks are incredibly stacked or anything right now, oh wait.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2016, 08:50:10 PM »
The Blues lost to the Wild, a team they were clearly better than, last year in the first round. 

My reaction to last night's game against Chicago was emblematic of how little I trust them now and how I expect the worst from them.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2016, 10:32:21 PM »
I'd love to go, but tickets will be insanely high, plus I vowed last spring to not spend a cent on the Blues again until they show they can win in the playoffs a little bit (at least a freaking round).  To that end, this is the first season since the early 00s that I have not gone to a single game. 

And honestly, I haven't watched nearly as much this year as I did last year, for example.  I've joked that last year really crushed any hockey spirit for the Blues I had left, but I am afraid it might be true.  I watched the last 10 minutes of regulation and OT last night, and when Chicago scored to tie it up, I was like, "Of course."  And when the Blues won the shootout, I felt nothing.  >:(

I've not gone to a game this year either, and like you....I've probably only watched maybe (10) full games thus far. I am just waiting for the playoffs. I didn't doubt one bit that at the end of the season they'd be one of the top three or four teams in the NHL....that's becoming a habit. It's all about playoff performance and so, my attention will be peeked when the first round hits.

I like the success they've had whilst having so many players injured...that can only be good and their resolve looks good also. But it's the Blues and they are abusive boyfriends who like to gut punch their girls just for the fun of it....

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2016, 05:17:57 PM »
The Rangers have turned into complete trash this season. They have no discipline and their hearts clearly aren't in it.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline romdrums

« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2016, 12:25:49 PM »
I'm excited to see what Anthony Mantha is capable of.  I hope he jump starts the Red Wings.  I'm tired of them being thoroughly mediocre this year.  Hopefully, he gets some legitimate ice time.  Blashill needs to fight his instincts and give Mantha 15-17 minutes instead of Luke Goddamn Glendening.  We'll see.
Though we live in trying times, we're the ones who have to try. -Neil Peart, 1952-2020.

There is a fundamental difference between filtered facts and firehosed opinions. -Stadler.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2016, 01:28:45 AM »
Sharks  :metal
Jumbo  :metal

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2016, 08:01:20 AM »
I'm excited to see what Anthony Mantha is capable of.  I hope he jump starts the Red Wings.  I'm tired of them being thoroughly mediocre this year.  Hopefully, he gets some legitimate ice time.  Blashill needs to fight his instincts and give Mantha 15-17 minutes instead of Luke Goddamn Glendening.  We'll see.

Mantha had a hell of a game last night, so I'd still be excited for him, despite the loss. Flyers have been on a massive roll lately, and they have, for the first time in several seasons had a run of games where they have come out and absolutely steam-rolled opponents in the 1st period.

I of course want the Flyers in the playoffs, but I hope Detroit turns things on and we eliminate Pittsburgh instead. I want to see them get to the 25 year mark.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #192 on: March 26, 2016, 09:08:50 AM »
Three shutouts in a row for Brian Elliot! :tup :tup

Blues are playing well down the stretch, but we've seen this act before; get past the first round and then I'll get a little excited about their chances. :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2016, 08:19:42 AM »

Blues are playing well down the stretch, but we've seen this act before; get past the first round and then I'll get a little excited about their chances. :lol

Don't forget Allen following that up with a shut out against the Capitols  :metal  They are certainly hitting all the right cylinders heading in to the playoffs....one of these years.....

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2016, 08:27:40 AM »

Not looking forward to playing you guys.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2016, 08:54:14 AM »

Not looking forward to playing you guys.

I'd love that being that'd mean we got out of the first round  :lol

Kev's right....this team has given us MANY reasons to be excited...they really do look solid. But it's the Blues and they like to gut punch us this time of year so I'm with Kev....once we get past the first round my ears will perk up...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2016, 09:19:48 AM »
I've decided not to worry about who they end up playing in the 1st round.  Last year, I prayed they wouldn't match up against Chicago in the 1st round, they won the division and got Minnesota, and still lost, so this year, just keep playing well and let the chips fall where they may as far as their opponent goes. I'd still rather not play the Hawks, of course. :lol :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2016, 09:34:27 AM »
Talking about the regular season.   The B's are in a tailspin barely hanging on to a playoff spot.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »
The Rangers are starting to look like the team that won the President's Trophy last year. If they keep playing like this, they have a serious shot to make a deep playoff run.

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2016, 06:07:22 PM »
I've decided not to worry about who they end up playing in the 1st round.  Last year, I prayed they wouldn't match up against Chicago in the 1st round, they won the division and got Minnesota, and still lost, so this year, just keep playing well and let the chips fall where they may as far as their opponent goes. I'd still rather not play the Hawks, of course. :lol :lol

I'd rather them face the toughest out of the gate. If they win that series then the chances of them going far are good. They'd have ended this first round 'curse' they've been on and beaten a tough team which would boost their confidence.

But...I'm more in your boat of just let the chips fall and go at it. I have a sneaky feeling they'll meet Nashville in round 1 which will be a brutal battle....

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2016, 06:28:46 PM »
The 1st round will be brutal no matter who they play.  It's rough that the Blues are this good during an era when their division as a whole is awesome, year after year.  Barring him playing poorly the last two weeks of the season, I suspect Brian Elliot will be the starter come playoff time.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2016, 07:05:30 PM »
The 1st round will be brutal no matter who they play.  It's rough that the Blues are this good during an era when their division as a whole is awesome, year after year.  Barring him playing poorly the last two weeks of the season, I suspect Brian Elliot will be the starter come playoff time.

So true...their division is choc full of good teams capable of beating anyone at any time.

And, they owe it to Elliot to give him the start. He's been lights out for so long...not just this year....and they stuck it to him with the Ryan Miller gamble and then the hot hand Jake Allen gamble last year. Put him in there and ride him for as long as he takes you.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »
Damn it, I wanted a 5th straight shutout. >:(

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2016, 11:20:27 PM »
Sharks are back in the playoffs and the past two games have been big victories over the CucKings and Cacucks  :yarr

Logan Couture also got his first career hat trick tonight!  :metal

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2016, 05:46:44 AM »
Damn it, I wanted a 5th straight shutout. >:(

:biggrin: :biggrin:

You might have another Friday night.   Last night against the Devils the B's had 40 shots and one goal and lost 2 to 1.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 06:03:41 AM by kingshmegland »

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2016, 05:48:16 AM »
Yup. It's going to be an ugly weekend for the Bruins.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2016, 07:22:49 AM »
I'm hopeful for two things in the next few months.

1 - 1st overall pick for the Leafs.  They've got a solid core of younglings, and Auston Matthews would be a nice addition
2 - Gary's rage post.  Should be even more epic than last year.

NO Canadian team in the playoffs, and they comprise 7 of the bottom 10 teams in the league.   :sadpanda:  First time since the 69/70 playoffs when both Toronto and Montreal failed to make it.

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2016, 07:37:49 AM »
Looks like Colorado blew it last night  :sadpanda: Minnesota is playing way too well for them to take that spot, they're on a roll right now and could be one of the most dangerous teams in the west. I definitely wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2016, 01:07:30 PM »
2 - Gary's rage post.  Should be even more epic than last year.

The only post you'll see from me is one down at Market Street celebrating a Stanley Cup  :metal

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2016, 01:13:46 PM »
Oh and.....Duncan Keith continues to prove he's a POS.....