Author Topic: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread  (Read 90914 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Official NHL 2015-2016 Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2015, 08:26:33 PM »
I personally think he's 10 pounds of douche in a 5 pound bag.

Not sure what the general consensus is though.  I haven't been following the media.  Everyone was swept up in Blue Jay fever, then I was traveling last week.

Why, what's he done now?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2015, 08:41:01 PM »
Blues win again over Anaheim.....they're up to their usual shenanigans......7-2-1 thus far and looking solid despite losing some guys to injury.   
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2015, 09:04:41 PM »
Blues win again over Anaheim.....they're up to their usual shenanigans......7-2-1 thus far and looking solid despite losing some guys to injury.

Beating Anaheim is about as impressive as beating the Leafs.  They're sucking huge too!
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2015, 06:56:30 AM »

Beating Anaheim is about as impressive as beating the Leafs.  They're sucking huge too!

Sure...It's less about who the Blues are beating at the moment but the fact that they are doing it without Shattenkirk, Schwartz and Stastny. Plus....it's the Blues.....sure they may get 100 pts this season but....well....ehh.....

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2015, 08:13:18 PM »
This depth! Our third and fourth lines have been our most dominant lines the past couple games. :lol

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »
Sweet comeback by the Blues tonight, overcoming a 5-2 deficit to win 6-5 in Chicago.  Tarasenko with the winner!! :hat

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #111 on: November 05, 2015, 08:34:25 AM »
Sweet comeback by the Blues tonight, overcoming a 5-2 deficit to win 6-5 in Chicago.  Tarasenko with the winner!! :hat

Yeah....that was a heck of a gut check and effort from them tonight. Would love to see that grit in April.....

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #112 on: November 05, 2015, 10:07:17 AM »
This depth! Our third and fourth lines have been our most dominant lines the past couple games. :lol
Watching the Ottawa game the other day, I continue to be impressed with Condon.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »
I'm a big time Rangers fan and I'm excited to be going to my first ever Rangers game at MSG next Tuesday against the Caps! :metal
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2015, 11:46:27 PM »
Great win for the Sharks tonight, above .500, Patty's 3 points away from 1000, first in Sharks history when he reaches it, and goal scoring is distributed which rules. Donskoi got his first goal (I mean he's already got one but it was a deflection off of his butt lol), Burns is continuing to score, and Tierney even netted an EN. Not sure what the fuck Haley is doing in the lineup instead of Brown, but hopefully Smith can return soon and we can get all the AHL'ers back where they belong.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2015, 08:10:26 PM »
My two teams are tops in the Pacific!  :metal
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2015, 09:11:59 PM »
Good to see that the Rangers still can't beat Tampa.  :censored
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2015, 09:31:01 AM »
Good to see that the Rangers still can't beat Tampa.  :censored

So frustrating.  I knew they would end the winning streak.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2015, 10:28:11 AM »
Claude Julien, through little fault of his own, is probably on his last legs as coach of the Bruins.  The ex-GM, Chiarelli, mismanaged the cap and left him with nothing other than Bergeron, ancient and broken down defensemen (Chara and Seidenberg), a rat (Marchand) and the best-paid fourth liners in the league (Kelly, i.e.).  He signed Rask to the second highest contract among goalies and he can't even have a GAA under 3.0, despite Claude always wanting to pack it in.  The new GM brings in Zac Ranaldo, a knuckle-dragging goon with no talent who gets flattened in fair fights.

The only thing that is saving Julien right now is that the owner, Jacobs, is notoriously cheap and probably doesn't want to have to pay two coaches at once, although he did it plenty of times in the nineties.

Offline mrrct

« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2015, 02:04:51 PM »
No sooner did I type my response, I saw that the Bruins won last night with stiff Loui Eriksson getting a hat trick.  It's a good thing Chiarelli isn't here anymore, or he would have given Eriksson a five year, $35M contract, to go along with the Rask, Kelly, and McQuade contracts.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 02:31:37 PM by mrrct »

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #120 on: November 20, 2015, 02:14:15 PM »
Sharks are starting to look in fine form with Melker Karlsson making it back to the lineup and Coutures a few weeks out. Playing well on the road, Donskoi's boosting that 3rd line now and still looking good, and Martin Jones is starting to look very solid. Guy has 1 shut out every five games in 50 games played. Hoping that doesn't drop too much  :biggrin:

Offline mrrct

« Reply #121 on: November 20, 2015, 02:24:04 PM »
Rask is such a stiff that I wish we kept Martin Jones (who we got for Lucic) instead.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #122 on: November 20, 2015, 02:25:58 PM »
No sooner did I type my article, I saw that the Bruins won last night with stiff Loui Eriksson getting a hat trick.  It's a good thing Chiarelli isn't here anymore, or he would have given Eriksson a five year, $35M contract, to go along with the Rask, Kelly, and McQuade contracts.

What article?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mrrct

« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2015, 02:31:13 PM »
No sooner did I type my article, I saw that the Bruins won last night with stiff Loui Eriksson getting a hat trick.  It's a good thing Chiarelli isn't here anymore, or he would have given Eriksson a five year, $35M contract, to go along with the Rask, Kelly, and McQuade contracts.

What article?

Sorry, I meant response, not article.  I'm fixing it right now.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2015, 02:41:29 PM »
 :lol

Yeah I dread them caving to Loui now as Chiarelli surely would. He's not a bad player but let him play out his contract year.

While we're on the Bruins, I'm very happy so far with Colin Miller. And Trotman has some promise. I have had enough of Kevin Miller. He's tough and all but he sucks this year. No wonder they killed off all three penalties last night. He's injured!!

And McQuade has been very good this year. And I have zero complaints about Rinaldo so far.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline mrrct

« Reply #125 on: November 20, 2015, 02:51:21 PM »
I especially liked the exhibition game where Rinaldo tried to spear a Ranger into the boards, missed, and then turtled after getting his ass kicked by a Rangers enforcer.  Sorry, I'm only a casual fan, so I don't remember the Rangers' players in question.

If Eriksson has a good year, maybe Sweeney can deal him at the deadline for a prospect or two.  I wish they did more with their three successive first round picks, like package them for an impact player instead of drafting three kids who couldn't pass their conditioning tests.  Maybe they'll amount to something down the road.

McQuade is a good fourth or fifth defenseman, but he is asked to be more on this team.  They did need toughness after losing Thornton and Lucic the last two years, but his cap hit is high for what he is.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 07:20:09 AM by mrrct »

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2015, 11:20:30 PM »
Nash with the hat trick and game winner in overtime. Welcome to the 2015-16 season.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2015, 02:48:57 AM »
Laughing at all of the Shark fans who said our season was a lost hope. 5-0 on the road against some damn fine teams. And Couture is skating again!!  :metal

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2015, 11:32:18 PM »
Who is this team and what have they done with the real Rangers? Jesus Christ did they really lose to Edmonton?

-MirrorMask

Offline mrrct

« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2015, 11:34:08 AM »
If you had Claude Julien lasting longer than Mike Johnston as head coach of their teams, raise your hand.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2015, 05:31:56 PM »
Who is this team and what have they done with the real Rangers? Jesus Christ did they really lose to Edmonton?

Yea, what happened to this team  :huh:  terrible turn this season is taking

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2016, 02:35:15 PM »
Are you  :censored kidding me Rangers? I would almost rather you guys get blown out than lose a heartbreaker like that. Jesus  :censored Christ.

-MirrorMask

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2016, 01:22:41 PM »
So Ryan McDonagh is out with a concussion due to the extremely dirty hit from Wayne Simmons from the other day. Somehow Simmons avoided suspension even though being given a game misconduct like he was is supposed to automatically come with a three game suspension. This is why dirtbag players like him keep playing like animals. Because the league allows it with almost no consequences. Although if it was Crosby who was taken down I guarantee that Simmons would be facing a big suspension right now. The bias and favoritism is ridiculous and somehow the Rangers, just like every other New York team, always seem to be on the wrong end of it.

-MirrorMask

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »
I need to see that. I read about it today.  I hate losing players like that.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2016, 02:02:24 PM »
Well, now that football is over, time to pick things up on the NHL season.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2016, 02:17:55 PM »
Well, now that football is over, time to pick things up on the NHL season.

I'm with you. I've only watched 2-3 full Caps games before their win over the Flyers yesterday. To my delight, the arena actually played "As I Am" during a break in play.

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #136 on: February 08, 2016, 02:18:18 PM »
Looks like the Sens are gonna need to make another miracle run for the playoffs. The 18th marks a year that our last one started
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2016, 10:49:33 PM »
So Ryan McDonagh is out with a concussion due to the extremely dirty hit from Wayne Simmons from the other day. Somehow Simmons avoided suspension even though being given a game misconduct like he was is supposed to automatically come with a three game suspension. This is why dirtbag players like him keep playing like animals. Because the league allows it with almost no consequences. Although if it was Crosby who was taken down I guarantee that Simmons would be facing a big suspension right now. The bias and favoritism is ridiculous and somehow the Rangers, just like every other New York team, always seem to be on the wrong end of it.

McDouchbag keeps his stick down and that doesn't happen. I'm so tired about hearing "dirty hit" and "sucker punch" from Rangers fans. That implies he snuck it in unexpectedly somehow. He took a stick to the head with a stick and faced him straight up, barely doing anything more than you see in scrums in 99% of games. Time to suck it up.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2016, 12:43:50 AM »

McDouchbag keeps his stick down and that doesn't happen. I'm so tired about hearing "dirty hit" and "sucker punch" from Rangers fans. That implies he snuck it in unexpectedly somehow. He took a stick to the head with a stick and faced him straight up, barely doing anything more than you see in scrums in 99% of games. Time to suck it up.

It's not just about McDonagh. Wayne Simmons does this shit to everyone no matter the team. A player should never be out there with the intent to hurt someone but that's how he plays the game. He's a dirty player who should be banned from the league before he hurts someone else.

-MirrorMask

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2016, 09:12:22 AM »
I personally think he's 10 pounds of douche in a 5 pound bag.

Not sure what the general consensus is though.  I haven't been following the media.  Everyone was swept up in Blue Jay fever, then I was traveling last week.

Why, what's he done now?
Bob McKenzie just shared that Toronto and Sens are working on a trade for Dion. Oh dear lord...

And indeed it did happen. Sens get Phaneuf, Frattin, Bailey, Rupert and Donaghey in exchange for Cowen, Greening, Michalek, Lindberg and 2nd-rounder in 2017.

Really gonna miss Michalek.... But thank God Cowen is gone. Have fun with him Toronto. He is the worst player I've seen in awhile.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:18:05 AM by SystematicThought »
God have mercy on a man
-Bruce Springsteen