Author Topic: Mr. Robot  (Read 46652 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #245 on: December 04, 2017, 08:03:04 AM »
People in line at the theater interacted with the kid and when Elliot asked the clerk at the counter if he saw a little boy leave and the clerk said ‘yes, he leaves out and left’

I’m pretty sure the kid was real. They’ve done a good job of revealing to us when Elliot is creating these instances.

I would need to watch the part when they are in line because I'm pretty sure they are interacting with Elliot, not with the kid since it's Elliot who is describing what back to the future is about.
As far as the guy behind the counter, that is the only one I haven't been able to work out and might be the one that actually gives it away, but I'm still not sold. Elliot doesn't really describe the kid and the guy behind the counter just doesn't seem to be paying any attention to anything.

Completely true. Both those instances were pretty ambiguous as far as clarifying if that kid was real. It’s an interesting storytelling device that they’ve created to where we really don’t know if these interactions Elliot is having with people are even real people.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: December 04, 2017, 08:06:43 AM »
There's no doubt about that. All of this season I've been questioning whether anything that happens to Elliot is real or not. These guys have messed with my head pretty bad  :lol
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2017, 08:26:18 AM »
Yeah seriously. It's been that way the entire time since the prison reveal in season 2. Elliot is an unreliable narrator.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2017, 09:14:20 PM »
Ok on to season 3....this is quite possibly the best show out there, just so overly engrossing...

I'll join the chat in about a week or so...

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2017, 09:57:42 PM »
You're in for a treat  :tup

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2017, 07:04:09 AM »
People in line at the theater interacted with the kid and when Elliot asked the clerk at the counter if he saw a little boy leave and the clerk said ‘yes, he leaves out and left’

I’m pretty sure the kid was real. They’ve done a good job of revealing to us when Elliot is creating these instances.

I would need to watch the part when they are in line because I'm pretty sure they are interacting with Elliot, not with the kid since it's Elliot who is describing what back to the future is about.
As far as the guy behind the counter, that is the only one I haven't been able to work out and might be the one that actually gives it away, but I'm still not sold. Elliot doesn't really describe the kid and the guy behind the counter just doesn't seem to be paying any attention to anything.

Completely true. Both those instances were pretty ambiguous as far as clarifying if that kid was real. It’s an interesting storytelling device that they’ve created to where we really don’t know if these interactions Elliot is having with people are even real people.

I watched the scene again and you are right, the guy in front of them does look at the kid a couple of times while explaining what he thinks the movie is about.

Online faizoff

« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2017, 08:59:51 PM »
Coming down to the finale and I am dreading it already. I have a bad feeling about it and really hope it's more uplifting end to the season. Either way this season has been flawless and one of the best seasons of a show I've ever seen.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2017, 09:05:25 PM »
It seems like i continually repeat myself because what else can you say about this show? It incredible, plain and simple. The fact that in now three seasons there’s yet to be one ‘wasted’ episode or for that matter scene, the quality of the acting, the plot, imagery....on and on......this show is IMO in the small group of greatest television shows ever. I’ve yet to find a flaw in it.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #253 on: December 08, 2017, 07:13:06 PM »
Finally at ep8....just fantastic as usual...

Just a question, what night's do the new episodes air?

Online faizoff

« Reply #254 on: December 08, 2017, 07:15:53 PM »
Wednesdays. Next Wednesday is the season finale.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #255 on: December 08, 2017, 08:14:42 PM »
Cool, so I can watch EP9 on Monday or Tuesday and go into the finale fresh.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #256 on: December 08, 2017, 11:29:44 PM »
Cool, so I can watch EP9 on Monday or Tuesday and go into the finale fresh.

I envy you RJ having been able to churn through the series like you have.....your getting so much awesomeness and I’m curious as to how the story feels getting to see it at a rapid pace like that rather than the ‘traditional’ method. There’s simply no way I could restrain myself to record a few in a row or the season then binge them, it’s too good a show.

I think prior to season 4 I’m gonna binge it all again to lead into it.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2017, 09:58:33 PM »
It's a double edged sword for me, I mean it's cool to just power through it, but I don't think I absorb as much binge watching as I do when the anticipation builds up all week leading to the episode. I just don't think I'm as totally focused on it, make sense?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: December 09, 2017, 11:55:16 PM »
It's a double edged sword for me, I mean it's cool to just power through it, but I don't think I absorb as much binge watching as I do when the anticipation builds up all week leading to the episode. I just don't think I'm as totally focused on it, make sense?

Yep. Totally. That’s the price we pay when binging a series. You lose that reflection time.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2017, 06:17:37 AM »

Yep. Totally. That’s the price we pay when binging a series. You lose that reflection time.

I like to watch the new eps the next day, and I'll always watch it a second time before seeing the new episode. I've never binged it, but I feel like this gives me a solid feel of what's actually going on.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #260 on: December 13, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »
Fuck that was outstanding. Just outstanding.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: December 13, 2017, 10:27:02 PM »
Fuck that was outstanding. Just outstanding.

HOLE E Sh%t! What a great way to round out an incredible season! Freaking unreal, so much went on there.

I think it’s now pretty clear that White Rose has some sort of time travel dream going on. And i loved how it was realisticallly explained to Angela by Philip that it’s just a delusion.....AND his infatuation with Angela now makes perfect sense.

Poor Dom! She nailed it when she said her life is ruined.....it is. Unless Elliot takes out the dark army.

Who Was the guy at the end of the post credit scene? It felt like I should have known who it was but I’m drawing a blank.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #262 on: December 13, 2017, 10:35:35 PM »
I think that was the dude Elliot's dealer got her dope from, but I thought he got whacked somewhere along the line.

Yeah, Dom got the short end, and she's the only genuinely good person on the show.

I had a sneaking feeling that something like that was behind Phillip and Angela, so that really didn't surprise me too much.

I got some time off in January, may have to blow through the whole series again, just too many layers to grasp everything in one run.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: December 13, 2017, 10:58:45 PM »
I think that was the dude Elliot's dealer got her dope from, but I thought he got whacked somewhere along the line.

That’s who I initially thought it was but like you, I thought he was killed? So much has happened I just can’t recall.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2017, 03:26:24 AM »
Poor Dom! She nailed it when she said her life is ruined.....it is. Unless Elliot takes out the dark army.
Indeed, although she was completely unfair in blaming it on Darlene. Darlene wasn't remotely responsible, Santiago and the Dark Army were.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2017, 08:21:34 AM »
Indeed, although she was completely unfair in blaming it on Darlene. Darlene wasn't remotely responsible, Santiago and the Dark Army were.

Well....Darlene drug Dom back into the fray by trying to steal her credentials. At that point Dom was technically out of any danger because her boss had orchestrated the blaming of the bombings on Trenton and Mobely and freed up Tyrell. Had she not been caught and brought in.....the rest doesn't happen and Dom most likely goes on with her career.

BUT, obviously it wasn't all Darlene's fault.....just saying that she was initially responsible for Dom's capture and ultimately being turned into a slave.

Online faizoff

« Reply #266 on: December 16, 2017, 08:16:50 PM »
Just caught up on the finale, and was that episode tense. Before that episode aired I was 100% either Darlene or Dom would be offed. and that post credit scene didn't help me being so tense the entire time. Just unreal. Season 3 is one of the most amazing seasons of TV.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #267 on: December 17, 2017, 06:23:53 AM »
I obviously loved the whole season, truly amazing in every way. And that final scene... super tense! That's Fernando Vega, the former hook-up of Elliot's drug dealer Shayla. The last time we saw Vega was when Elliot was breaking him out of prison, at which time Vega killed his brother for betrayal, and then left Elliot to find Shayla's body in the trunk...

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: December 17, 2017, 08:27:34 AM »
I obviously loved the whole season, truly amazing in every way. And that final scene... super tense! That's Fernando Vega, the former hook-up of Elliot's drug dealer Shayla. The last time we saw Vega was when Elliot was breaking him out of prison, at which time Vega killed his brother for betrayal, and then left Elliot to find Shayla's body in the trunk...

That's right....thanks. For some reason I thought he was dead but had confused his death with Shayla's. Curious to see his attitude toward Elliot? That could be the perfect sort of shady character with connections one would need on your side if your fighting the Dark Army.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #269 on: December 17, 2017, 02:47:20 PM »
More like I'm curious to see what PLANS he has for Elliot. It was always strange how he felt he had this important "connection" to Elliot. And when it came down to it, Vera didn't kill Elliot...

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2019, 09:16:48 AM »
The final Season, S4.....starts this Sunday!  :metal    I’ve read that it’s most likely the best season yet which is saying a lot considering the series has been incredible.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2019, 10:30:25 AM »
The final Season, S4.....starts this Sunday!  :metal    I’ve read that it’s most likely the best season yet which is saying a lot considering the series has been incredible.

Wonderful news!  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »
That's great!

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #273 on: October 04, 2019, 01:37:06 PM »
I'm gonna have to watch the last few episodes of S3 to get a handle on where the story is at, I've digested so much TV since then.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2019, 09:11:37 PM »
Just watched the first episode of season... Holy shit. Like, damn, that was amazing, wild, gritty. And the cinematography is off the chart - Esmail has come a long way as a director and it shows. Seems this will be a very unique season, and I'm hyped for it.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2019, 07:55:32 AM »
Just watched the first episode of season... Holy shit. Like, damn, that was amazing, wild, gritty. And the cinematography is off the chart - Esmail has come a long way as a director and it shows. Seems this will be a very unique season, and I'm hyped for it.

Yeah. That was insane. The way the scene with Darlene was shot when she was coked out of her mind......the closing scene with Elliot.....just all of it. This show is so freaking good.

Online faizoff

« Reply #276 on: October 08, 2019, 05:38:08 AM »
That first episode was just unreal. I keep forgetting to rewatch the whole series since there are so many things I've forgotten. The camera work in that episode was a bit different from the show from what I gather and it was breathtaking at times. Nice to see Sam Esmail the creator/writer/director cameo in the end with a timely quote "Goodbye friend".

I read a comment where the episode felt like a season premiere and finale at the same time. I feel the same, and that abrupt transition from recap to new episode was smooth. That episode was very uncomfortable at times to watch as well.

Man what an amazing show, I really need to rewatch the whole series again, I'm sure I've missed so many things.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #277 on: October 08, 2019, 07:41:07 AM »
and that abrupt transition from recap to new episode was smooth.

Yeah....that was really well done. I don't think I've seen a transition like that.....or at least one that worked so well. The recap had a specific 'soundtrack' to it....and it shifted/ended perfectly to synchronize with the start of the episode. It was a nice touch.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2019, 07:46:11 AM »
As has been the case with this show the entire time.....each episode finds a way to be better than the next....which is remarkable. At this point it's just better to watch and appreciate and soak it all in.

And......that was an interesting revelation at the end that there seemingly is 'more' personalities protecting Elliot that we haven't seen yet?

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2019, 09:36:26 AM »
Fantastic episode.  As expected.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.