Author Topic: Mr. Robot  (Read 46669 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2016, 06:03:11 PM »
Just got caught up. Holy crap, what an episode! That last scene!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2016, 09:43:56 AM »
So....is Elliot 'seeing' Tyrell or is Tyrell really there? It's fascinating that the show has created a reasonable doubt about anyone Elliot is talking to.

and that whole scenario with Angela, the van...the house....the interrogation from White Rabbit.....just so strange and odd yet interesting. It almost looked like when she showed up to her lawyers house that she was hypnotized in a way. I'm sure there was more said and revealed 'after' they cut away from that conversation.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2016, 04:50:45 AM »
So....is Elliot 'seeing' Tyrell or is Tyrell really there? It's fascinating that the show has created a reasonable doubt about anyone Elliot is talking to.

and that whole scenario with Angela, the van...the house....the interrogation from White Rabbit.....just so strange and odd yet interesting. It almost looked like when she showed up to her lawyers house that she was hypnotized in a way. I'm sure there was more said and revealed 'after' they cut away from that conversation.

As I said earlier, I think I have a theory or direction of how this show will go and then they totally blow it out of the water in the next episode(s). I LOVE IT! Can't wait for the season finally! :o

Online Aefenwelg

« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2016, 11:48:49 AM »
The music that was playing in the van and the music during the last scene are from Back to the Future.
I think the show is about to get a little bit more Sci-Fi.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2016, 07:17:07 AM »

Yup, that was my first thought as well. It is incredibly interesting as a audience member to never really know what's real or what is fake from the eyes of the main character.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2016, 01:30:39 PM »
The music that was playing in the van and the music during the last scene are from Back to the Future.
Maybe a little more Matrix?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »
Maybe a little more Matrix?

There are rumors and 'theories' that the whole show is really just that. A computer program ala "The Matrix"....

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2016, 02:14:38 PM »
I don't read such theories.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2016, 07:45:09 AM »
Just. Wow. I don't want this show to stop....when's season 3 start?

That entire scene of Darlene being exposed to the FBI war room was soooooo great!!! Her reaction was priceless....

I guess we got the answer as to if Tyrell was really there or not.

WTF Angela? That last scene would make you believe that White Rabbit gave her the low down on the whole operation.

Such a cool show

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2016, 06:34:36 AM »
Just. Wow. I don't want this show to stop....when's season 3 start?

That entire scene of Darlene being exposed to the FBI war room was soooooo great!!! Her reaction was priceless....

I guess we got the answer as to if Tyrell was really there or not.

WTF Angela? That last scene would make you believe that White Rabbit gave her the low down on the whole operation.

Such a cool show

Agreed on all your above points. Also - the very last scene at the end was just the icing on the cake.

Online faizoff

« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2016, 08:51:57 AM »
Great finale, the wait for next season is going to be excruciating. For me this show is amazing to binge watch, the weekly waits between episodes was killing me that last 3 episodes after I caught up. Back to back stellar seasons, I can only see it getting more and more entertaining. 
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2016, 09:46:53 AM »
Yeah, great finale. Season 3 can't get here fast enough.

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2016, 10:40:50 AM »
AMAZING season ending!! Talk about "cliffhanger(s)". I don't even know what I think I'm seeing is what I'm actually seeing. Yes, it appears Tyrell is alive, but is he, or is it another inner being and he just shot himself? What is going on with Angela?! The Joey Bada$$ line at the end was great! Bring on season 3 next week. :eek

Online faizoff

« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2016, 05:39:51 PM »
No idea why I missed the post-credit scene for the finale, but that was a great little add-on.

Spoilers obviously....

I wonder if they're depicting that as prison with Mobley & Trenton working at Fry's with the same dude that Elliot gets help. Either way, agonizingly long wait for the next season.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2016, 07:42:03 AM »
I wonder if they're depicting that as prison with Mobley & Trenton working at Fry's with the same dude that Elliot gets help. Either way, agonizingly long wait for the next season.

Great question. Are they in prison or is what we saw real? The presence of Joey made me wonder.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2016, 12:07:02 PM »
I assumed he had gotten out and that what we saw was real. There seems to be no reason to do that whole thing again, especially when Elliot isn't even present at the time.

I could be wrong though, but it would just be weird.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #191 on: September 26, 2016, 02:15:26 PM »
I assumed he had gotten out and that what we saw was real. There seems to be no reason to do that whole thing again, especially when Elliot isn't even present at the time.

I could be wrong though, but it would just be weird.

Yeah. I think it's real.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2016, 06:34:18 AM »
Finally caught the finale.

Holy shit, I don't even know what to think.

I almost missed the post-credits scene, glad I sat back down and watched it! (Not that it helped lol)

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: October 11, 2017, 11:08:11 PM »
Wow. This show never fails to disappoint. It's simply the best. Season three off with a bang!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2017, 04:23:13 AM »
Awesome opener, just such a clever and exciting show. I just never trust anything I'm watching anymore. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #195 on: October 12, 2017, 04:25:38 AM »
Loved to death the first season, liked with some doubts about the overall pacing and stretched out twists / revelations the second. Still looking very forward to the third season, but I'll wait until it's over to watch it in a row  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: October 12, 2017, 07:04:37 AM »
Wow. This show never fails to disappoint. It's simply the best. Season three off with a bang!

I've read it 10 times and still I can't reconcile the bold with the italic.

???
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: October 12, 2017, 07:47:13 AM »

???

Wait....you're right.....what the  :censored did I say there  :lol   I love the show and it's never disappointed me....it's never failed not to not disappoint me....I don't know.... show=good    Gary's command of the english language=bad

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2017, 09:27:29 AM »

???

Wait....you're right.....what the  :censored did I say there  :lol   I love the show and it's never disappointed me....it's never failed not to not disappoint me....I don't know.... show=good    Gary's command of the english language=bad
It's never not un-failed to de-disappoint me.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Online faizoff

« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2017, 01:44:22 PM »
Interesting pieces being setup in the premiere. I need to rewatch the previous seasons, I've forgotten a bunch of the character names and some of the mini events that have happened. Regardless, great opening.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2017, 06:12:19 AM »
That was a good episode though I kinda feel that it was a bit forced here and there. I like that they will be exploring the Mr. Robot character and his relationship with everyone else instead of just with Eliot.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2017, 08:21:33 AM »
SPOILERY SPEAK:

I'm guessing White Rose is fooling around with time travel or some sort of inter-dimensional cross over given that large facility he was shown in.....the nature of the lecture that scientist was giving those who walked in the hall with him.....and Angela's hint that White Rose has opened her eyes, and that she seems to think it can all start over again and be washed away. Plus, we already know the guy is infatuated with 'time'.

This would be an interesting yet dangerous road to pursue IMO given the fact that one of the most alluring things about the show is how 'real' it feels. You throw time travel or inter dimensional travel into the mix now....it has the chance to go off the rails. But I'll trust the story, it hasn't let me down yet.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2017, 11:14:31 AM »
That's a fantastic analysis. I hadn't made the connection to the White Rose and the obsession with time but it all adds up. I also agree that it would be weird if they pursued that avenue but maybe they're just messing with us which is kind of their thing.

Online faizoff

« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2017, 08:12:02 PM »
What an amazing second episode. The two episodes so far have been fantastic, I really really need to rewatch the first two seasons of this show again, there is so much stuff I've forgotten, I'm not picking up on some things that have carried over.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2017, 09:20:54 PM »
What an amazing second episode. The two episodes so far have been fantastic, I really really need to rewatch the first two seasons of this show again, there is so much stuff I've forgotten, I'm not picking up on some things that have carried over.

Yeah. This series deserves a good 'binge' watch to roll it all in a row. Totally agree that these first two episodes have been great. I love how they find new ways to incorporate 'Mr. Robot' into Elliot's life

Online faizoff

« Reply #205 on: October 26, 2017, 07:58:22 PM »
Another excellent episode, normally I'm not a fan of retconning storylines, but I thought this was done really well. Some great revelations this episode as well. I sorta see why Tyrell's storyline was mostly kept away in the 2nd season. Great stuff.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2017, 06:17:18 AM »
Yeah, I'm glad they filled that big gap in the story and they showed a little more of how Tyrell is involved in all of this. He's more fucked up than I thought.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2017, 07:23:10 AM »
Yeah, I'm glad they filled that big gap in the story and they showed a little more of how Tyrell is involved in all of this. He's more fucked up than I thought.

At first I was a bit bummed that the whole episode was going to be dedicated to him....but I should have known better. That episode did a really good job of showing a few more layers of how many people are involved in this. I always kind of figured that FBI guy was involved so it was nice to get that bit of confirmation. The only thing bad about this show is the week wait in between episodes. The ability to Binge watch shows has spoiled me and I don't have the patience to wait for this season to hit streaming services.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2017, 07:33:58 AM »
I'm actually glad the show runs on a weekly basis for a change, I hate staying up late because I can't stop watching a show  :P

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2017, 09:13:02 AM »
This latest episode is why TV has surpassed movies in terms of quality entertainment.