Author Topic: Mr. Robot  (Read 46658 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2016, 09:16:00 AM »
I'm assuming that Ray was the Warden of the Corrections Facility? And his 'crew' must have been the prison guards?

Yeah those are my thoughts as well.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2016, 07:55:02 AM »
I'm assuming that Ray was the Warden of the Corrections Facility? And his 'crew' must have been the prison guards?

SPOILERS

Agreed. The prison reveal has me thinking back to so many interactions Elliott's character has had over the season so far... His visits from Angela and his sister, his phone calls, etc... All can align with this new reality that was revealed to us. Pretty cool.

I'm assuming the next episode will reveal more, but yeah I'm thinking Ray and his crew worked at the prison to some degree, threw Elliott into solitary, etc...

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2016, 08:10:28 AM »

SPOILERS

Agreed. The prison reveal has me thinking back to so many interactions Elliott's character has had over the season so far... His visits from Angela and his sister, his phone calls, etc... All can align with this new reality that was revealed to us. Pretty cool.

I'm assuming the next episode will reveal more, but yeah I'm thinking Ray and his crew worked at the prison to some degree, threw Elliott into solitary, etc...
Yeah this is my thinking too. I'd sort of been aware that the only time Elliot has interacted with other season 1 characters has been at his "mother's house", but not really explicitly considered what it meant. Early on I though it might be in his head, but then he was interacting with Darlene and Gideon, so I stopped thinking about it much.

Big question for me is what he's in for. I wonder if maybe he openly committed some fairly minor offence to get locked up and therefore away from technology for a while. Neither the hack nor apparently killing Tyrell (which I'm sceptical about) would seem to make sense.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2016, 08:15:51 AM »
Is it possible he got arrested for hacking that guy that was dating his therapist? That guy was not at all pleased, and specifically said Elliott shouldn't be able to get away with this.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2016, 08:20:47 AM »
Is it possible he got arrested for hacking that guy that was dating his therapist? That guy was not at all pleased, and specifically said Elliott shouldn't be able to get away with this.
Interesting - that's definitely possible. Wouldn't have the same emotional impact as Elliot doing it to himself, but it's certainly feasible - particularly because if it was hacking-related, then it makes sense for Ray to know about his ability with computer systems.

I guess we'll find out either this week or at least by the end of the season.

I be am boner inducing.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2016, 10:12:02 AM »
Yeah, why he is in prison is the big question now...

I'd take a guess that it's self-inflicted in order to regiment his life and get him away from a computer.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2016, 10:40:41 AM »
That was a crazy episode.  But definitely need more info.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2016, 12:12:03 PM »
I'd take a guess that it's self-inflicted in order to regiment his life and get him away from a computer.

I want to say I remember when Darlene was there 'visiting' him she said something to the effect of "I still can't believe you chose to come here?" It would seem that Elliot must have committed himself or something willingly. I'm sure it'll be addressed soon enough.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2016, 12:47:20 PM »

I want to say I remember when Darlene was there 'visiting' him she said something to the effect of "I still can't believe you chose to come here?" It would seem that Elliot must have committed himself or something willingly. I'm sure it'll be addressed soon enough.
Yep, more good evidence.

I be am boner inducing.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2016, 02:30:15 PM »

Yep, more good evidence.

Yeah good call! That's probably it then... This show is so awesome!

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2016, 03:22:15 PM »
Interesting - that's definitely possible. Wouldn't have the same emotional impact as Elliot doing it to himself, but it's certainly feasible - particularly because if it was hacking-related, then it makes sense for Ray to know about his ability with computer systems.

They did mention that on the 'aftershow', but every time I think I got it, they blow my mind again!!! Clearly my favorite show currently airing :o

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2016, 09:42:44 AM »
Daaaaaammmmmnnnnn Darlene! Home girl just took it to the next level. And, it looks like the Dark Army is going to start cleaning house.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2016, 06:49:43 AM »
Daaaaaammmmmnnnnn Darlene! Home girl just took it to the next level. And, it looks like the Dark Army is going to start cleaning house.

:lol Yeah pretty much that. Darlene is either starting to lose it or her true colors are being shown? Maybe both?

Love that they were able to go a whole episode and not show the main character of the show and still hold my interest.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2016, 07:36:02 AM »

:lol Yeah pretty much that. Darlene is either starting to lose it or her true colors are being shown? Maybe both?

Love that they were able to go a whole episode and not show the main character of the show and still hold my interest.

Yeah...that was a cool thing to see that it's not entirely necessary to have Elliot around, although....I'd have liked to see more of him. But it looks like next week is focused on him a lot so.

What I have a hard time believing is that these guys are so smart and tech savvy that they didn't have something in place to notify them when that chic was returning home? Can't believe they were caught off guard like that....then again....I can't believe they stayed at that spot for so long either.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2016, 08:04:12 AM »
What I have a hard time believing is that these guys are so smart and tech savvy that they didn't have something in place to notify them when that chic was returning home? Can't believe they were caught off guard like that....then again....I can't believe they stayed at that spot for so long either.

Agreed. After she showed up, they said something to the effect of "we should have been watching her GPS closer", meaning they were tracking her but weren't paying attention. Like you said, you'd think tech geniuses would have set it up so if that GPS signal got within a few miles of their location, they would be alerted. But whatever.

But - complete speculation - what if we find out later that Darlene actually wanted all that to happen? She actually wanted Susan to come home so that Darlene would have the opportunity for the revenge she's wanted since she was 4 years old?

I could see that being revealed later on.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2016, 09:15:29 AM »
But - complete speculation - what if we find out later that Darlene actually wanted all that to happen? She actually wanted Susan to come home so that Darlene would have the opportunity for the revenge she's wanted since she was 4 years old?

could be. She walked into that pool room knowing she was going to kill her....and then did.

I was talking with my brother about this and we both agree that it'd be pretty sick if there was a 'happy' ending to all of this....at least for the main characters...(Ellitot, Darlene) Elliot has destroyed the world economy basically with Darlene and now Darlene has actually killed someone. I can't see them glorifying this type of behavior with a 'happy' ending. Even if you 'agree' with F-Society's ideological stance...what they did is a massive crime and killing someone is rarely OK to do...especially the manner in which Darlene did.

I'm curious as to the end game of the show and if we are going to get a realistic ending or if it will be 'hollywooded' up...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2016, 11:36:48 AM »
Just caught the latest episode.

This show keeps getting better. I don't remember too many shows that could have an entire episode that was missing the protagonist and still be awesome.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2016, 07:47:43 AM »
Spent this weekend getting caught up on season 2 (had only seen the season premiere), and holy crap, so good. A couple of the long episodes probably could have stood to have been cut a little bit shorter, but that's about my only complaint. It's a testament to this season's work with the ancillary characters that they were able to pull last week's episode off and keep us engrossed for the full hour, I don't think an Elliot-less episode would have worked last year.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2016, 03:24:05 PM »
Really awesome episode this week. Feels like the overall tension escalated here compared to previously on season. Building up to the season end.

Something that was particularly cool this week was the music. It's always good music on this show but this episode stood out for me.

Online faizoff

« Reply #159 on: September 01, 2016, 08:28:00 PM »
Watched the first season of this show in one day lol. Insanely amazing show, love the attention to detail on all the software used. Very authentic terminology. Currently watching season 2 and 4 episodes in, should be able to catch up by tomorrow lol. I should've waited until the season was done to catch up but after that season finale couldn't wait to watch the next set of episodes. Second season has been great as well, though very different in terms of pace and storyline, but still amazing nonetheless.

Also so many House of Cards characters in this show. And is it just me or does the music sound so similar to Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross' The social network and Girl with dragon tattoos soundtracks?
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2016, 06:36:34 AM »

Aww yeah :yarr. But... I guess we were both right. In the end, it was "self-inflicted".

Oh, and Angela's really a conundrum. WTF does she actually want? And does it matter? Cuz Dom is all up in her shit, and has been all up in her shit for quite a while.

Online faizoff

« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2016, 07:24:19 AM »
Al caught up now, dang the wait for the last few episodes is going to be ridiculous. Can't believe how awesome this season has been as well, it makes me want to crank out the ol bash shell in windows and start using command line Linux again.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2016, 01:47:55 PM »
I think Angela is going to flip and rat Elliot out, possibly even work under cover to get him on tape or something. She's showing signs of losing it and Dom knows it.

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2016, 05:27:45 PM »
Something that was particularly cool this week was the music. It's always good music on this show but this episode stood out for me.

I have to agree on this one. The music was awesome in the opening scene of this episode in particular. The usage of the Depeche Mode and Public Image Ltd songs in the opening scene were just perfect for the whole dark prison atmosphere.

And is it just me or does the music sound so similar to Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross' The social network and Girl with dragon tattoos soundtracks?

Yeah, the original soundtrack of the series definitely has some similarities, but since Iīm a fan of Trent Reznorīs work, I really enjoy the soundtrack as it is.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2016, 08:02:15 PM »
I think Angela is going to flip and rat Elliot out, possibly even work under cover to get him on tape or something. She's showing signs of losing it and Dom knows it.

Yeah, I was thinking this as well. When Dom was at her apartment, you could tell Angela seemed to be at the end of her rope.

Online faizoff

« Reply #165 on: September 07, 2016, 10:32:37 PM »
HOLY SHIT, what an episode! The atmosphere was very unnerving in that end part. Cannot wait for the finale.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2016, 07:34:21 AM »
HOLY SHIT, what an episode! The atmosphere was very unnerving in that end part. Cannot wait for the finale.

Just wow. This show....man, I don't want it to end. I think the atmosphere the last twenty minutes was set up by that soundtrack.....friggin' intense!

Where do you think the call was coming from? It certainly looked like the body guard knew where that address was.

Curious to see who it is that walked up on Angela at the end?

Online faizoff

« Reply #167 on: September 08, 2016, 07:56:27 AM »
I'll have to dig it up but on reddit, someone made an album where the FBI agent Dom says shes been following Angela and posted screenshots of the same two agents that are always there.
I'm more curious about what Eliot was asking the viewer to find in the room when it does the pan out.

Online faizoff

« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2016, 08:11:41 AM »

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2016, 08:35:29 AM »
I'm more curious about what Eliot was asking the viewer to find in the room when it does the pan out.

yeah....I was wondering about that as well.

I'm also curious as to if Darlene had removed the duffel bag full of the 'F' Society taping equipment and tapes from her boyfriends apartment? If not, the FBI is there and it's about to be discovered.

And, Tyrell's wife calling Elliot "Allie" or whatever she's calling him makes it seem as if there's a history there that we aren't aware of and that Elliot does not remember.

Online faizoff

« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2016, 08:40:34 AM »
She's calling him Ollie because Elliott says that's his name when they first met I think in the first episode this season.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2016, 09:22:58 AM »

Found this in an article online:

With that in mind, how much should we study this scene? Care to point at any particular corners of the room we should pay close attention to?

I'll do my Best tO be helpful here. There is definiTely a hinT in this scene. I dOn't know if I should tell you what Main corner to look in, oR if the hInt is even in the corner of the frame, but Go aHead and study that scene to see whaT you can find

I'm wondering if the Capitalized lettering is the hint?

Online faizoff

« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2016, 09:48:26 AM »
I did read that. The clue spells out BOTTOMRIGHT. I think I'm going to checkout from looking at anymore info until the season is done, all this theorizing and analysis dulls my viewing experience and almost always sets up for disappointment.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2016, 11:56:54 AM »
My GOD this show is great. This might be my favorite episode yet.

Online mikeyd23

« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2016, 06:41:02 AM »
My GOD this show is great. This might be my favorite episode yet.

Agreed. What a great ending. This show makes me feel like I'm a juggler, trying to keep track of multiple things at once and stay on top of everything.  :lol