Author Topic: Mr. Robot  (Read 46650 times)

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2016, 11:44:45 AM »
Yeah, another great episode.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2016, 10:46:06 AM »
Yeah, this show is so good it hurts.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »
Yeah my wife and I have really been enjoying season two so far. Really, really good stuff.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2016, 11:22:12 AM »
Yeah, this show is so good it hurts.

It really is. I find myself each week almost preparing for the 'let down'....but it has yet to do so. I hope that stays true. I think we've only scratched the surface on this story and that is awesome.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #109 on: August 02, 2016, 12:54:33 PM »
It really is. I find myself each week almost preparing for the 'let down'....but it has yet to do so. I hope that stays true. I think we've only scratched the surface on this story and that is awesome.

I agree with the bolded especially. This season they are continuing to add new layers to the story as well.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2016, 07:35:05 AM »
Elliot just can't seem to escape trouble.  :lol   Interested to see how he gets out of this one.

I'm really starting to like the FBI chick as well. Neat character...who almost seems like she'd take Elliots side with the right persuasion.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2016, 12:54:12 PM »
Looking forward to this week's episode!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2016, 01:12:54 PM »
Looking forward to this week's episode!

No kidding. this could be the best show on TV right now.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2016, 03:31:59 PM »
I don't think there is any doubt that it's the best show currently airing.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2016, 06:55:11 AM »
I don't think there is any doubt that it's the best show currently airing.

I think it is, for sure. Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2016, 07:36:36 AM »
The opening scene of this weeks episode was so awesome, total early 90s sitcom throwback.  :lol

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2016, 07:45:05 AM »
The opening scene of this weeks episode was so awesome, total early 90s sitcom throwback.  :lol

Yeah, that was sweet. They always seem to surprise me with things like that on this show. I'm glad it switched when it did though, I don't think an entire episode of that would have been smart. This was brilliant though.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2016, 07:45:48 AM »

this show is insane. I'm really curious as to how Elliot is going to get out of his current predicament. I can't imagine he lets them slide.

Also, WTF did the Dark Army do to that dudes finger? Did they inject him with something or just drive a needle under his fingernail for tortures sake?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2016, 07:57:11 AM »
I watched the first episode of this show last night. Color me intrigued!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2016, 07:59:10 AM »
I watched the first episode of this show last night. Color me intrigued!

Gregg....welcome to the show. I can't imagine you won't like this. It's so well written and acted.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2016, 08:34:55 AM »
Also, WTF did the Dark Army do to that dudes finger? Did they inject him with something or just drive a needle under his fingernail for tortures sake?

Not sure, my wife and I were discussing that as well. I assumed they injected him with something, but then he showed up a few scenes later to give Angela the backpack, so I'm not sure. Something else this show could reveal in time.

Offline Aefenwelg

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2016, 02:28:26 PM »

I thought they stuck the needle in his finger and then broke it off.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2016, 09:56:14 PM »
I'm not reading this thread to avoid spoilers...

We watched two episodes tonight and half way through the second episode Mrs. P said, "This is Fight Club for dorks!" I love my wife, she is so smart!  :hefdaddy
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2016, 04:48:20 AM »
Just caught this week's episode. LOVED the intro sequence. This is getting crazy.

Well, crazier.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2016, 08:15:53 AM »
Just caught this week's episode. LOVED the intro sequence. This is getting crazy.

Well, crazier.

Hef....any guesses on what they did to that dudes finger? did they inject him with something or just torturing him?

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2016, 11:40:52 AM »
Looked to me like the needle went into his fingertip rather than directly under the nail, but maybe that's just a result of angling and/or whatever trick they used to make it (I'm assuming retracting needle, but maybe it was a prosthetic hand, or both). Not really interested in pausing it for a screencap. :lol

I've only been half-enjoying this season tbh. It just seems to be going nuts for the sake of going nuts, rather than moving toward some overarching point... which was what made the first season so interesting. Then again, I dunno how anyone could follow up that first season with something equally good, so they sorta doomed themselves right off the bat.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2016, 12:33:11 PM »
I've only been half-enjoying this season tbh. It just seems to be going nuts for the sake of going nuts, rather than moving toward some overarching point... which was what made the first season so interesting. Then again, I dunno how anyone could follow up that first season with something equally good, so they sorta doomed themselves right off the bat.

This is how my wife has reacted to the second season so far. I have been loving it, she has been wanting a little more focus.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2016, 03:48:51 PM »
He didn't inject him with anything. Just broke the needle off in his finger tip, not under the nail. Ouch!

I feel differently from the rest of you. The first 20 mins of the episode was agony for me. I couldn't wait for it to end. It was cool what they were going for, and I appreciate that, but just didn't fit for me. The entire part could be summed up in two sentences. The rest of the episode was awesome! I loved the style of the following camera with the music that gave certain parts an old like 70s crime drama feel.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2016, 12:02:24 AM »
I suspect that they did inject him, and that it was with something they could use to track him to where Darlene & co were hiding.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2016, 06:27:34 AM »
If they did actually inject him, it was a glaring inconsistency. When he stuck the needle in his finger, the plunger was all the way down/in.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2016, 07:05:03 AM »
I don't think they injected him. Piercing that nerve under the nail is a well known torture technique. I think it was just a cause pain thing, something they didn't even plan to do until the dude started asking questions.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2016, 07:23:56 AM »
I suspect that they did inject him, and that it was with something they could use to track him to where Darlene & co were hiding.

This was my thought being that the needle was prepped and in a pretty secure case.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2016, 07:34:20 AM »

I feel differently from the rest of you. The first 20 mins of the episode was agony for me. I couldn't wait for it to end. It was cool what they were going for, and I appreciate that, but just didn't fit for me. The entire part could be summed up in two sentences. The rest of the episode was awesome! I loved the style of the following camera with the music that gave certain parts an old like 70s crime drama feel.

I love the musical direction of this show, great song choices throughout.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2016, 08:13:42 AM »
I don't think they injected him. Piercing that nerve under the nail is a well known torture technique. I think it was just a cause pain thing, something they didn't even plan to do until the dude started asking questions.
Why would they use a needle though, particularly one kept in a secure box of some kind.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2016, 08:19:40 AM »
Why would they use a needle though, particularly one kept in a secure box of some kind.

I also thought for a moment that they were going to shoot him up to where he OD'd and died....for being out of line.

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2016, 09:29:08 AM »
I also thought for a moment that they were going to shoot him up to where he OD'd and died....for being out of line.

In the moment, that's what I thought too.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2016, 10:39:56 AM »

Well, crazier.

Hef....any guesses on what they did to that dudes finger? did they inject him with something or just torturing him?
I have no idea.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2016, 09:42:24 PM »
Fantastic Episode! I won't say too much as to not spoil anything but it did confirm a major suspicion. This show.....man. It doesn't disappoint.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2016, 03:49:41 AM »
While good, I think I'll have to wait until next week's episode to truly evaluate this one. I think I need a little bit more information here.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2016, 07:51:31 AM »
While good, I think I'll have to wait until next week's episode to truly evaluate this one. I think I need a little bit more information here.

Yeah....so do I, but it was still a great episode.

SPOILERZ....

I'm assuming that Ray was the Warden of the Corrections Facility? And his 'crew' must have been the prison guards? And, I'm at a loss trying to figure out 'why' Elliot was even there? Had he been caught for the hack he'd never get out and plus the news thinks Tyrell did it. Was he there voluntarily?