Author Topic: Mr. Robot  (Read 46654 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2015, 09:40:48 AM »
Yeah, probably. :lol Like I said, I had the same thought early on in the finale, but I just don't see how it would work. We Allsafe guy interact a lot with Elliot, and indeed inviting him round for dinner and stuff. His reactions to and interactions with Tyrell just don't fit with that.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
This scene really bolsters my suspicion that Elliot is Tyrell also.
I was thinking that pretty early on in the episode, having not considered it before. Then again, the reactions of the Allsafe boss whose name I can't remember wouldn't make sense when he meets with Tyrell (and later when he tries to meet him after he's already been fired) if he was really Elliot. So I'm not sure it stacks up.

Those two instances are hard to get by....I was trying to figure out how that scene when Elliot stopped in to see Tyrell would have 'worked' if he were Tyrell. Unfortunately I've deleted that episode already so I can't re-watch it again to hear that secretary's wording, but it's a tough one to get past. I think you could possibly explain away the Allsafe boss knowing Tyrell also as Tyrell being 'hands on' at Allsafe or something? I don't know?

Might be looking a little too hard for it to fit...

She says Tyrell doesn't work there any more and then asks what Elliot wants there. I think that scene pretty much clears the air about that but until that point I could have bought into them being the same person.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2016, 12:18:36 AM »
Slight necro to say that this shit is THE SHIIIIIIIT. I finally got around to watching (okay, remembering) it and I just finished episode 1. Wow. Wowee. Wowooweewoo. That is awesome. Please tell me it stays this consistently cool!? I hope so and that S2 keeps it up.

Elliot's eyes ARE SO HUGE. They're like popping out of his skull at all times and it's so perfect and so creeptastic. Good lord, man; pop those suckers back into their sockets completely.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2016, 07:06:38 AM »
It is a tremendously awesome show from start to finish.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2016, 07:16:07 AM »
Fantastic writing and acting.  I can't wait for season 2.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline seasonsinthesky

• roo)))m noise
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2016, 07:45:19 AM »
Slight necro to say that this shit is THE SHIIIIIIIT. I finally got around to watching (okay, remembering) it and I just finished episode 1. Wow. Wowee. Wowooweewoo. That is awesome. Please tell me it stays this consistently cool!? I hope so and that S2 keeps it up.

It gets BETTER.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2016, 09:30:44 AM »
Fantastic writing and acting.  I can't wait for season 2.

I am so anxious to see season 2. I'm cautiously optimistic that it can maintain the awesomeness of Season 1.....and I'm hoping it's not like True Detective or American Horror story where the First Seasons were so incredible that every season will be compared to them and fall short.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2016, 01:12:04 PM »
Awesome blossom! About to start episode 4. I am so into this. Fantastic material...gawd, now it's the 'are they gonna screw this up' phase in waiting for S2. I really, really hope they keep it going.

RIP DTP.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2016, 07:34:35 PM »
This is a must see new drama.  I have seen a first episode and is that good.

It's about a cyber security employee who is a hacker at night who's being wowed by an underground group bent on bringing down the big machine.

Great dialogue and a great storyline. I highly recommend it.

Did you mean "wooed?"
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2016, 09:10:52 PM »
I mean...wowed is a word. Past tense of wow. "His hacking skills really wowed me".

RIP DTP.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2016, 11:12:56 PM »
I know...I just wasn't sure which way he MEANT it!

Wowed would mean he was impressed by what they did...

Wooed would mean they want him to join them.

So it could be either one!
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2016, 12:44:42 AM »
Ahh, gotcha.

I just finished S1. Holy effing cow.

SPOILERTALK

So...even though I called the 'revelation' of Mr. Robot about halfway through (though still having a back and forth with myself until that episode), it was so clear that it wasn't really supposed to be the revelation so much as a 'here it is, your confirmation'. I fucking loved that right down to the very song that played at the end of Fight Club soon after the reveal to Elliot breaking the fourth wall as he did time and time again only to say "You knew all along, didn't you?"...they knew it was going to have comparisons so they pretty much said fuck it, we'll make it a direct homage and throw it in your face; it was beautiful. What an awesomely crafted show. I really, really have my doubts S2 will be as captivating but man do I hope so. Truly a triumphant showmanship of television at its best. Brilliant stuff. I'm interested in seeing where they go from here but jeez...I do hope on the opposite side of that token that they don't drag this out because it really feels like there's only a few other big points to cover and that should be that. They could easily end the series with S2 and honestly I hope they do because even then, like I said, it's going to be tough to reach that same caliber of captivation. I think it can absolutely be done but after that it's just going to get stale, I think. Unless some other big reveal happens and shit hits the fan again. I just can't think of what else could happen that's as big as this other than "Oops, they did it again!" which...would pretty much be horrible in my opinion. Keep it fresh, wrap it up and remain one of the hardest hitting shows.

RIP DTP.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2016, 06:32:01 AM »
This is a must see new drama.  I have seen a first episode and is that good.

It's about a cyber security employee who is a hacker at night who's being wowed by an underground group bent on bringing down the big machine.

Great dialogue and a great storyline. I highly recommend it.

Did you mean "wooed?"

Yes wooed.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2016, 07:04:49 AM »
Ahh, gotcha.

I just finished S1. Holy effing cow.

SPOILERTALK

So...even though I called the 'revelation' of Mr. Robot about halfway through (though still having a back and forth with myself until that episode), it was so clear that it wasn't really supposed to be the revelation so much as a 'here it is, your confirmation'. I fucking loved that right down to the very song that played at the end of Fight Club soon after the reveal to Elliot breaking the fourth wall as he did time and time again only to say "You knew all along, didn't you?"...they knew it was going to have comparisons so they pretty much said fuck it, we'll make it a direct homage and throw it in your face; it was beautiful. What an awesomely crafted show. I really, really have my doubts S2 will be as captivating but man do I hope so. Truly a triumphant showmanship of television at its best. Brilliant stuff. I'm interested in seeing where they go from here but jeez...I do hope on the opposite side of that token that they don't drag this out because it really feels like there's only a few other big points to cover and that should be that. They could easily end the series with S2 and honestly I hope they do because even then, like I said, it's going to be tough to reach that same caliber of captivation. I think it can absolutely be done but after that it's just going to get stale, I think. Unless some other big reveal happens and shit hits the fan again. I just can't think of what else could happen that's as big as this other than "Oops, they did it again!" which...would pretty much be horrible in my opinion. Keep it fresh, wrap it up and remain one of the hardest hitting shows.

Good point on the reveal Tio. There were a few of us here that were calling it pretty early on that Elliot was Mr. Robot....but the way they presented the reveal wasn't in a gotcha way but like you said, a confirmation of our suspicions.

And to your point about the story getting stale....I want to say that the creator of the show has a specific number of seasons he has in mind to tell his story. There is an article out there that basically says this was originally going to be a movie but once he got in to writing it he figured out quick that he couldn't tell the story in the confines of a film so he mapped out like 4 or 5 seasons of a show. I just hope he gets his full run to tell the story and doesn't get shafted ala Hannibal and Continuum....two shows that had a specific season arc planned to tell the whole story but were cut short.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2016, 09:47:51 AM »
Ah, that is great to hear. It's no coincidence that a lot of times the most critically and (well, sometimes) commercially successful shows are ones with strict guidelines to story and a clear end in sight. But yeah exactly as you said...man, that would just suck if it ended up being cancelled. The best shows seem to though...aaargh. Here's hoping.

RIP DTP.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »
Season 2 already greenlighted.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2016, 10:35:59 AM »
Well yeah but in terms of completing the man's vision. Hannibal lasted 3 seasons but it's story was set to go much further. What Gman and I are saying is that the whole story is completed, which in this case would mean 4 or 5 seasons. Granted, whether I'll actually like that is up in the air because I'm having trouble in seeing what else could pop up that's more than...taking down the world's biggest evil company buuut hey if he's thought of it, I'm willing to watch it...IF it makes it that far.

RIP DTP.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2016, 11:18:33 AM »
It happens so much now. Fringe was like that as well.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »
It's truly a shame. And it sucks even more for shows that last that long, like Fringe, and end up falling just short enough. It impacts my wanting to watch them if I hadn't caught them while they were on as well. I'm still in the middle of Fringe but just knowing that the ending isn't all that it could've been is a real friggin' bummer.

RIP DTP.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2016, 07:41:34 AM »
Bump for this thread. Watched the first three episodes on demand last night/this morning and I'm in. Very cool show so far.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2016, 08:35:50 AM »
Can't wait, season two very soon!!

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2016, 08:48:15 AM »
Can't wait, season two very soon!!
This exactly!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2016, 08:51:21 AM »

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2016, 12:20:28 AM »
 :o :metal :metal :metal :coolio :coolio :coolio

RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2016, 09:59:24 AM »
TONIGHT!!!!!!!   2 Hour Premier!!!!!!     :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline mikeyd23

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2016, 11:12:02 AM »
TONIGHT!!!!!!!   2 Hour Premier!!!!!!     :metal :metal :metal :metal

My wife and I just watched all of season one (we were late to the party) so we are pumped for season two to start. Great show!

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2016, 11:50:21 AM »
Same here. Caught up just a few weeks ago. Excited for the new season!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2016, 12:50:26 PM »
The buzz is that there is no 'sophomore slump'....that it's just a good if not better than the first season.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2016, 06:58:07 AM »
Yep. this show didn't skip a beat. Very strong Premier....

Offline wizard of Thought

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2016, 08:03:13 AM »
I just watched the start of S2 and I thought that it was even better than the second half of S1 and I didn`t even think that would be possible at this point.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2016, 11:55:14 AM »
Awesome episode/s.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2016, 04:04:00 PM »
ughhhhhhhhh this show is so good

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2016, 08:25:03 AM »
ughhhhhhhhh this show is so good

I told my brother that I wish I had the fortitude to not watch anymore episodes....avoid spoilers.....DVR every episode and then just watch the remainder of this season in one day after it was over. I did not want that episode to end.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2016, 08:39:01 AM »
Some fun theories that you could really see any of them being the case....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mr-robot-season-premiere-theories-911464

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2016, 09:22:12 AM »
The beginning of this season has been insane. The first three episodes were such a good set up leading to Elliot getting back on the console.