Author Topic: What do you love about your job?  (Read 2624 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: What do you love about your job?
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2015, 10:23:48 AM »
I get paid on the 8th and the 23rd. It took a while to go from gwtting paid every Friday, to every other Wednesday,  to set dates every month.

My buddy,  who just started with my company,  is already going on about how much of a pain it's going to be.

On a positive note... I got paid early.  And Apparently I am accruing sick time now.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »
I get paid on the 8th and the 23rd.

That's different.  But I had a job where I got paid on the 1st and 15th every month, so I guess this is the same thing, just a week later.  For the most part, I found it easier to budget, since most of my expenses are monthly.  Rent, utilities, car payments, etc.  But things like groceries tend to be bi-weekly.

I like getting paid every two weeks better because, as others have pointed out, a couple times a year there's an "extra" payday that month.  Once the groceries and gas are paid for, the rest is basically extra money.  I think of it as my reward for being so good at budgeting.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2015, 10:40:50 AM »
I get paid on the 8th and the 23rd.

That's different.  But I had a job where I got paid on the 1st and 15th every month, so I guess this is the same thing, just a week later.  For the most part, I found it easier to budget, since most of my expenses are monthly.  Rent, utilities, car payments, etc.  But things like groceries tend to be bi-weekly.

I like getting paid every two weeks better because, as others have pointed out, a couple times a year there's an "extra" payday that month.  Once the groceries and gas are paid for, the rest is basically extra money.  I think of it as my reward for being so good at budgeting.

Yup, that paycheck feels like a bonus because you don't account for it in your monthly budget besides the cost of living each day (food, gas, and whatnot)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2015, 10:49:00 AM »
The pay periods are the 1st to the 15th (Paid on the 23rd), and the 16th - end of month (Paid on the 8th). Used to get paid on the 6th and 21st... but they bumped it back due to the sheer amount of time it takes to do payroll sometimes 
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »
Paycheck, annual bonuses and mega benefits.  Why would I be working otherwise?   :lol
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White