Author Topic: I (think i) found out what was the inspiration for writing SDOIT (the song)  (Read 1514 times)

Offline ori.elias5

• Its only in your mind
Well I couldn't ignore it right when i heard this song. i'm talking about Kansas- the wall. if you never heard it go listen to it right now. if you know this song, go give it another listen. the ending is exactly like the ending of overture and there are more motives i find similar.
Not saying it was in purpose but i can clearly see a subconscious inspiration. Anyway both are great not to mention that SDOIT is perhaps my favorite DT song  :metal :metal

Offline Outcrier

You're late to the party  :lol
Outcrier: Toughest cop on the force.

Offline The Letter M

Indeed! I always say that there should be a website, made by veteran and hardcore fans, for new fans, to learn about things like this, for each band member, for each album and song, for tours and shows, etc. etc. A sort of Fan-wiki with all sorts of interesting tidbits and knowledge that older fans can share.

Otherwise, we'll just get a million threads asking what happened to the ending of "Pull Me Under"! :rollin

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline de_fromage

Indeed! I always say that there should be a website, made by veteran and hardcore fans, for new fans, to learn about things like this, for each band member, for each album and song, for tours and shows, etc. etc. A sort of Fan-wiki with all sorts of interesting tidbits and knowledge that older fans can share.

Otherwise, we'll just get a million threads asking what happened to the ending of "Pull Me Under"! :rollin

-Marc.

There was one with a kind of "Wiki" about these Dream Theater matters. The dnding of pull me under, wich songs they've never played, info about other projects and such, but this was almost 10 years ago, don't know if it's still going.
Ringo is one of my top 5 Beatles.

Offline fischermasamune

I see almost no similarities.

Offline Darkstarshades

I really can't see how are these two songs similar in any way other than they both end with a stringesque chord. Seriously.
Jatruccyundessgini

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
The ending of Six Degrees bears a resemblance to the ending of The Wall.  That's all.  Nothing here.

Also, The Wall is a better song.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
I think this thread hit a Wall.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
I think this thread hit a Wall.

I think you're right.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Nearmyth

If anything, the ending of The Wall is incredibly similar to Octavarium
"Now I'm not one to soon forget
And I bet I never will...

WAAHH WAAHH DIGA DIGA WAAHH WAAHH"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
If anything, the ending of The Wall is incredibly similar to Octavarium

Considering The Wall predates Octavarium by 28 years, I think you have that backwards. ;)

Also, the Godfather theme is prevalent in Octavarium as well, in the part right after the "Trapped inside this Octavarium!" section.