Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 325886 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club ! Ages 30 and over
« Reply #560 on: October 21, 2010, 05:08:27 PM »
I don't recall Chiller Theater...but up here we had Creature Double Feature! :metal

This 1000%
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #561 on: October 21, 2010, 08:24:19 PM »
I don't recall Chiller Theater...but up here we had Creature Double Feature! :metal

Which reminds me..to anyone going to Disney World..the Sci Fi Drive In Diner is a MUST!
I'm going to Disney World in 52 days and counting!

If you have 3 people altogether, can you be split up? I thought I read that online about sci fi. What makes it a must?

Are you going over Christmas break? We're going over Feb vacation.

Best burger in Disney World. They play scenes to old monster movies while you eat on a drive in screen. It's very cool! Be sure to go there for lunch!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #562 on: October 21, 2010, 08:30:24 PM »

Which reminds me..to anyone going to Disney World..the Sci Fi Drive In Diner is a MUST!
I'm going to Disney World in 52 days and counting!

If you have 3 people altogether, can you be split up? I thought I read that online about sci fi. What makes it a must?

Are you going over Christmas break? We're going over Feb vacation.

Best burger in Disney World. They play scenes to old monster movies while you eat on a drive in screen. It's very cool! Be sure to go there for lunch!
Going before Christmas. I'm going from the 13th to the 19th. I am taking my daughter out of school for a week. We did this in 07 and it worked out well. When I'm spending a lot of money I like to maximize it by having smaller crowds. It was great in 07.
Cant wait to go back!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #563 on: October 21, 2010, 08:42:22 PM »
Where are you staying? On Disney property?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #564 on: October 22, 2010, 05:46:43 AM »
Yes. We stayed at Caribbean Beach in 07. This year money is tight so were staying at All Star Music. Don't spend much time at the hotel anyways so...
This is a big year in my house. My daughter turned 10, my wife turned 40, and I celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary, so Disney had to happen this year!

Back to Sci Fi. If there are 3 people, one has to sit alone in the car? I talked to my wife this morning and she is going to book it if there is still availability. It sounds fun, and I love a good burger!

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #565 on: October 22, 2010, 05:55:28 AM »
Yes. We stayed at Caribbean Beach in 07. This year money is tight so were staying at All Star Music. Don't spend much time at the hotel anyways so...
This is a big year in my house. My daughter turned 10, my wife turned 40, and I celebrated my 15th wedding anniversary, so Disney had to happen this year!

Back to Sci Fi. If there are 3 people, one has to sit alone in the car? I talked to my wife this morning and she is going to book it if there is still availability. It sounds fun, and I love a good burger!

hmm sounds like I'm just a couple "life" steps behind you Tick.
12th wedding anniversary this year
son turns 8
wife and I just turned 36.

I like how your numbers lined up this year for the Disney trip....that will be us in a couple. We go to Florida every year because my mom owns a house in Porte Charlotte. This year will be no different. We'll go in March. Arrive in Tampa on a Thursday, do an overnight in Tampa and spend the Friday at Busch Gardens, then see a Tampa Bay Lightning (playing our home town Ottawa Senators) in Tampa. Then back to Porte Charlotte for the rest of the week.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #566 on: October 22, 2010, 06:34:05 AM »

hmm sounds like I'm just a couple "life" steps behind you Tick.
12th wedding anniversary this year
son turns 8
wife and I just turned 36.

I like how your numbers lined up this year for the Disney trip....that will be us in a couple. We go to Florida every year because my mom owns a house in Porte Charlotte. This year will be no different. We'll go in March. Arrive in Tampa on a Thursday, do an overnight in Tampa and spend the Friday at Busch Gardens, then see a Tampa Bay Lightning (playing our home town Ottawa Senators) in Tampa. Then back to Porte Charlotte for the rest of the week.
Well, my wife just turned 40, but I just turned 46. Its ok though, I am young at heart.
I found out when I met my wife that as a teen I dated her babysitter. That was weird.She was 23 when we met and I was 29. I loved the fact that I met a girl who knew nothing about me or the fact I was a lead singer in a popular band. She quickly heard from many women to avoid me because I was a whore master. I told her, don't believe rumors, I'm really a nice guy. (Sure I had my share of women, but I was rarely a dick to the point that I used women)She decided to judge for herself and found out I was the nicest gentlemen she had ever dated. She then told her friends they were dead wrong about me! We got engaged 6 months later, and then married 12 months after that.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #567 on: October 22, 2010, 06:43:01 AM »

to answer your question about how you would fit, you could squeeze into on row but most likely 2 in the front one in the back

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/sci-fi-dine-in-theater/
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #568 on: October 22, 2010, 06:44:29 AM »
nice.....people are much better off forming their own opinions than listening to others. Just for that your wife scores points.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #569 on: October 22, 2010, 10:10:00 AM »
Tick,the cars have 3 rows in them that seat 2 people each. It's possible that they may put a couple in the last row behind you, but it's not intrusive at all. They show old wacky monster movie space alien clips on a giant screen. It's very cool.
The burger wins by default because it's the only one that doesn't give me a stomach ache down there.

The coolest thing about the All Star Music is the wall of fame. All great pictures of music celebrities at Disney. I've had my pic taken with the Alice Cooper one a couple of times.

Tick, I'm the complete opposite. The Lovely Mrs. TAC was 46 when I turned 40.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #570 on: October 22, 2010, 11:14:14 AM »
Tick,the cars have 3 rows in them that seat 2 people each. It's possible that they may put a couple in the last row behind you, but it's not intrusive at all. They show old wacky monster movie space alien clips on a giant screen. It's very cool.
The burger wins by default because it's the only one that doesn't give me a stomach ache down there.

The coolest thing about the All Star Music is the wall of fame. All great pictures of music celebrities at Disney. I've had my pic taken with the Alice Cooper one a couple of times.

Tick, I'm the complete opposite. The Lovely Mrs. TAC was 46 when I turned 40.
Yeah, I want to go to the Sci Fi place now.

As far as age goes, 6 years is nothing either way! :tup

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #571 on: October 22, 2010, 11:20:49 AM »
Wow.  I stayed at the Disney All Star Music hotel 10 years ago.  The last time we went to Disney.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #572 on: October 22, 2010, 11:59:05 AM »
I have a hard enough time watching guys look at The Lovely Mrs. TAC.

Wear that like a badge of honor.  She's obviously hot enough to keep on turning heads and she chose you to be the one who gets to go home with her at the end of the day.  Every day.  :tup

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #573 on: October 22, 2010, 12:00:06 PM »
Wow.  I stayed at the Disney All Star Music hotel 10 years ago.  The last time we went to Disney.
How did you like it?

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #574 on: October 22, 2010, 12:10:03 PM »
X
I have a hard enough time watching guys look at The Lovely Mrs. TAC.

Wear that like a badge of honor.  She's obviously hot enough to keep on turning heads and she chose you to be the one who gets to go home with her at the end of the day.  Every day.  :tup
Hell yeah!!

How was Bermuda?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #575 on: October 22, 2010, 12:19:05 PM »
Unbelievable.  We had such a good time.  The weather could not have been more perfect.  It apparently never snows or frosts in Bermuda.  Their all-time record low was something like 46.  The high/low when we were there was like 78/74 or something like that.  We stood in waist deep water and were able to see our feet as clearly as if we'd been standing on dry land.  Took a 10PM glass bottom boat excursion into the triangle.  They had big lights that illuminated the water below, so we could see the fish, coral, and the shipwreck of the HMS Vixen.

There was a little cove near where our ship was docked, where we went to get some pictures of the sunset.  Just as the sun was nearing the horizon a boat came along.  I got several pictures, but the photo op was one I'll probably NEVER have again:

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #576 on: October 22, 2010, 12:46:28 PM »
Coz, here's something you'd appreciate. We stayed at the Grotto Bay and one day on the beach, they were doing a model photo shoot.

Tremendous pic BTW. If I have time next week, I'll try and scan some in.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #577 on: October 22, 2010, 12:50:34 PM »
Very nice.  That would've been entirely up my alley.  Funny enough, the next day, we went back to this cove to actually get IN the water (which was surprisingly cold).  We rented a little paddle boat (foot action pedals) and paddled out and around for a half hour or so.  Upon getting back to the beach, I notice there's two topless chicks on the beach directly in front of us.  So we pull our boat up onto the sand, go back over to the stand to turn in our life jackets, and I mention to Mrs. Coz "I didn't realize this was a topless beach" and she's like "What are you talking about?"  I point out the two chicks and say "they were directly in front of us and we walked right past them."  She reminded me that she doesn't have a "boob radar" like I do.  :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #578 on: October 22, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »
Outstanding!

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #579 on: October 22, 2010, 01:32:18 PM »
Unbelievable.  We had such a good time.  The weather could not have been more perfect.  It apparently never snows or frosts in Bermuda.  Their all-time record low was something like 46.  The high/low when we were there was like 78/74 or something like that.  We stood in waist deep water and were able to see our feet as clearly as if we'd been standing on dry land.  Took a 10PM glass bottom boat excursion into the triangle.  They had big lights that illuminated the water below, so we could see the fish, coral, and the shipwreck of the HMS Vixen.

There was a little cove near where our ship was docked, where we went to get some pictures of the sunset.  Just as the sun was nearing the horizon a boat came along.  I got several pictures, but the photo op was one I'll probably NEVER have again:

Wow! Fantastic photo Coz!

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #580 on: October 22, 2010, 01:35:22 PM »
Thanks!  Every time I see it, I'm like "this looks like the kind of picture a professional would take, like something on a postcard".

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #581 on: October 22, 2010, 01:45:31 PM »
Thanks!  Every time I see it, I'm like "this looks like the kind of picture a professional would take, like something on a postcard".
It sure as hell is! :tup

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #582 on: October 22, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »
hey i qualify for this club in 2 months, sweet.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #583 on: October 22, 2010, 01:56:29 PM »
Then you had better apply for membership now. Their is a lot of Red tape involved, back ground checks, drug testing, physical, etc...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #584 on: October 22, 2010, 02:06:36 PM »
How did you like it?

I loved it.  It was easy to hop on a bus and go to Epcot or Magic Kingdom Ect.  Even at my age, it's a blast to go.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #585 on: October 22, 2010, 02:09:02 PM »
Then you had better apply for membership now. Their is a lot of Red tape involved, back ground checks, drug testing, physical, etc...
tick, he's a hockey fan, he's in. :laugh:

Cozmo, That pic is amazing.  It's one that will stir great memories everytime you look at it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #586 on: October 22, 2010, 02:10:36 PM »
Cozmo, That pic is amazing.  It's one that will stir great memories everytime you look at it.

Thanks!  I'm quite sure it will have that effect on me the rest of my life.   :D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #587 on: October 22, 2010, 02:32:36 PM »
drug testing, etc...
...to make sure you're on them....Prescription, of course!

Thanks!  I'm quite sure it will have that effect on me the rest of my life.   :D
Nah..I'm pretty sure it will be the 2 pairs of boobs..

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #588 on: October 22, 2010, 02:38:11 PM »
Don't forget the prostate exam.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #589 on: October 22, 2010, 03:25:22 PM »
I have been to Disney 7 times in the last 10 years and 10 times total in the past 15  and always stay at one of the All-star resorts. I don't need a fancy room, hell the only time we are in it is when we are sleeping. Rather have the extra cash to spend while in the parks. I still use my kids as an excuse to go, but I'm really just going for myself.
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #590 on: October 22, 2010, 04:19:09 PM »
Cozmo, how was the food and the alcohol? 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #591 on: October 22, 2010, 05:55:07 PM »
All of it was awesome.  Our total alcohol bill was around $240, so that wasn't too bad.  There was the main dining hall and a cafe that was basically a huge circular buffet.  Breakfast and lunch were at least a two plate meal each day.  At dinner, I had the chance to try snails (in a thick garlic butter sauce) and lobster tail.  Neither bowled me over.  I would eat the lobster again, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.  I figured that since we weren't paying for food, I'd try things I wouldn't normally.  Otherwise, it was all I had hoped it would be.  Food was excellent.  I had many banana daiquiris.  I don't care if they're girly or not.  They were loaded with rum and pirates drink rum, so it has enough manly element to it to be okay by me.  :lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #592 on: October 22, 2010, 06:55:33 PM »
.  I had many banana daiquiris.  I don't care if they're girly or not.  They were loaded with rum and pirates drink rum, so it has enough manly element to it to be okay by me.  :lol
:lol :tup

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #593 on: October 22, 2010, 08:24:56 PM »
When your on a cruise it's ok to get girl drink drunk.  I can't remember one name of a drink I had and what was in it. :laugh:  Wait a second......

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #594 on: October 22, 2010, 09:30:49 PM »
Don't forget the prostate exam.
:lol