Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 325926 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club ! Ages 30 and over
« Reply #490 on: July 24, 2010, 05:22:08 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #492 on: July 24, 2010, 07:51:26 AM »
Ah, the pain of being old.  My son turned 18 the other day.  I am now father to an adult.

Also, I seem to have this adult living in my house who does not pay rent, does not have a job, and realistically, given the way the economy is right now, doesn't actually have a decent chance of finding one.  Yeah, grocery stores always need baggers, fast-food places always need people, but amazingly, no bites yet.

So now he's our slave.  Garbage and recyling detail, moving the cars around when we need them, driving his little sister places when we're both at work, etc.  He's gonna pay his way somehow, dammit.  And if doesn't like it, he can find a damned job and move out.

Except he can't find a job.  Well, ain't that a bitch?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #493 on: July 24, 2010, 08:00:04 AM »
I'm going to take a beating hear but I went to a concert last night I never though I'd go to and had a fun time.  I was called sir at least 6 times and had to laugh cause I was in the top 5% of being the oldest there.  *Drumroll Please*    *Gulp*   Hanson, with Rooney opening.  They were very good. Great harmonies and all could play their instruments very well.  Solo's too!  I always said I'd geep my mind open to music but it wasn't hard to feel like an old fogey their.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #494 on: July 24, 2010, 08:09:45 AM »
I always thought Hanson were pretty talented guys.  Yeah, their music isn't exactly prog, but I try to geep an open mind too, and I caught part of a concert thing of theirs years ago on TV and thought it was pretty good.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #495 on: July 24, 2010, 11:28:06 AM »
You put off picking a caption winner to go see Hanson?!?!?!?  :facepalm:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #496 on: July 24, 2010, 11:29:49 AM »
You put off picking a caption winner to go see Hanson?!?!?!?  :facepalm:

LOL.  And to add unsult, I was called sir at least 6 times. :laugh:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #497 on: July 24, 2010, 11:32:59 AM »
I've actually gotten to the point where I want the snotty nosed shits to call me sir.  I think I've earned it at this point.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #498 on: July 24, 2010, 11:48:38 AM »
Ditto. Show some respect, you little punk!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #499 on: July 24, 2010, 04:11:52 PM »
I've actually gotten to the point where I want the snotty nosed shits to call me sir.  I think I've earned it at this point.
:lol

I'm going to take a beating hear but I went to a concert last night I never though I'd go to and had a fun time.  I was called sir at least 6 times and had to laugh cause I was in the top 5% of being the oldest there.  *Drumroll Please*    *Gulp*   Hanson, with Rooney opening.  They were very good. Great harmonies and all could play their instruments very well.  Solo's too!  I always said I'd geep my mind open to music but it wasn't hard to feel like an old fogey their.

Haven't you been posting all week about tastes maturing??  :lol
Hanson? You're going backwards , man!
I hear Hannah Montana might be touring!

Actually, from afar, there does seem to be some integrity with them and what they do.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #500 on: July 24, 2010, 08:29:59 PM »
LOL TAC!! LOL.  My wife for years has liked them so I figured, what the hell.  They realy did surprise me so I figured I'd grow some balls and post about it.  It was funny going into the mens bathroom with no lines whatsoever.  My world was turned upside down.

On the integrity part.  Mabye people took me the wrong way, but the once angry man who loved the angry or sexed up lyrics is not the same person.  I think we all go through this as we get older but I can still crank the old songs still. I just feel differently about them.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #501 on: July 25, 2010, 01:08:33 PM »
King, I wasn't remarking on YOUR integrity. I was talking about Hanson. There is something respectable about them.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #502 on: July 25, 2010, 01:18:41 PM »
King, I wasn't remarking on YOUR integrity. I was talking about Hanson. There is something respectable about them.
I get you!  They write their own songs, play their own instruments, great harmonies.  I'm not saying I'd go all the time but it was fun.  I'll make up for it when I see rush in Sept! ;D

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #503 on: August 08, 2010, 03:53:35 AM »
I have a quesiton for those married or in long term co-habiting relationships. It's been said that the mating instinct is behind "falling in love" which may or may not lead to *true* love. So, did you experience the falling out of love and have to make the transition to genuine love - love for the other person that requires effort?

I can imagine a situation when after the initial "I can't believe this is happening to me" of "falling in love" when the other person's independence becomes clear, say they want to do something you don't or even away from you. How did you deal with that? What tells you that your spouse is committed to you, how do you know?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #504 on: August 08, 2010, 05:34:38 AM »
Part of a long term relationship is the sacrifice.  Once I knew my wife was the one you realize you have to do things that makes her happy and she would do the same.  I'd say that I love my wife even stronger now because of the experiances we went through together.  It's bonded our love even stronger.

Andy, I've never realy thought about what your asking throughout our courtship and 15 plus years of marriage because I dove head first into our relationship and never looked back.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #505 on: August 08, 2010, 05:40:42 AM »
ROONEY!!

Those guys played on an episode of the OC Season One, which, for some reason, I saw a fair bit of. I recall them having a few listenable songs. They were kind of Weezer meets Beach Boys.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #506 on: August 08, 2010, 05:43:08 AM »
ROONEY!!

Those guys played on an episode of the OC Season One, which, for some reason, I saw a fair bit of. I recall them having a few listenable songs. They were kind of Weezer meets Beach Boys.

Fluffy your description of Rooney is dead on.  The lead guitarist had some great solo's which fell on deaf ears with all the 20 something girls. :laugh:

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #507 on: August 08, 2010, 05:44:45 AM »
I have a quesiton for those married or in long term co-habiting relationships. It's been said that the mating instinct is behind "falling in love" which may or may not lead to *true* love. So, did you experience the falling out of love and have to make the transition to genuine love - love for the other person that requires effort?
The initial headiness is not "falling in love."  The transition you're talking about is falling love.  And it develops naturally.  

I can imagine a situation when after the initial "I can't believe this is happening to me" of "falling in love" when the other person's independence becomes clear, say they want to do something you don't or even away from you. How did you deal with that? What tells you that your spouse is committed to you, how do you know?
There's nothing to deal with.  Everyone is different, every woman you meet will have tastes different than you, and will want to do some things that she finds fulfilling that you couldn't care less about.  Let her do them, that's not a issue of commitment.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2010, 07:28:09 AM »
The initial headiness is not "falling in love."  The transition you're talking about is falling love.  And it develops naturally.  

That's what I'm suggesting, it's not falling in love, the love comes after. I wouldn't know as I didn't get the chance to consumate a "falling in love" feeling.

There's nothing to deal with.  Everyone is different, every woman you meet will have tastes different than you, and will want to do some things that she finds fulfilling that you couldn't care less about.  Let her do them, that's not a issue of commitment.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #509 on: September 25, 2010, 09:16:47 AM »
 Blonde went to Brown. Brown went to Gray. Fast turned to slow as youth passed away. - tick 2010

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #510 on: September 25, 2010, 09:44:41 AM »
Looking at WWII picks again tick and found this thread I see.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #511 on: September 25, 2010, 11:48:11 AM »
Blonde went to Brown. Brown went to Gray. Fast turned to slow as youth passed away. - tick 2010
Shit, I started graying in my teens.  Thankfully though, both my grandfathers died with a semi full head of salt and pepper, and it looks like I'm following that path.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #512 on: September 25, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »
When your 20, 45 is old. When your 45, 70 is young.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #513 on: September 26, 2010, 08:10:27 AM »
For the last 2 months I'm having a hard time focusing when I read.  I was the last holdout in my family to not need glasses.  My eyes are getting old.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2010, 04:57:57 PM »
For some reason, that was a tough one for me, too.  I don't like the idea of picking up something and not being able to read it clearly, knowing that in the past I could have done so perfectly well.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #515 on: September 27, 2010, 02:11:15 PM »
That's one where I'm actually on the good side.  My eyesight has weekend a bit, but it started from such a high level that I've only now deteriorated to 20/20 in my right eye.  Left is still 20/15, which is down as well.  Heredity was a mixed draw for me, but I drew an ace for eyesight. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #516 on: September 27, 2010, 02:16:38 PM »
I need to get my eyes checked. It just started to happen 2 months ago. I'm setting it up for Oct.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #517 on: September 27, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »
I've had reading glasses for about 9 years now. Mainly for work using the computer and reading reports.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #518 on: September 27, 2010, 04:27:10 PM »
I have great eyesight. Not quite what he used to be but still probably 20/15

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #519 on: October 12, 2010, 08:51:32 AM »
I put this in the funny thread and then thought. The kids won't find any humor in it so...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #520 on: October 12, 2010, 11:13:45 AM »
I put this in the funny thread and then thought. The kids won't find any humor in it so...

It must come in an enima. :laugh:

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #521 on: October 12, 2010, 11:15:14 AM »
Touche.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #522 on: October 12, 2010, 11:40:47 AM »
As I just mentioned in another thread, I occasionally get nostalgic for the mayhem that used to be so acceptable.  You guys remember when you could torment pedestrians?  Nowadays, kids walk right down the middle of the street and expect drivers to wait, or go around, or whatever.  When I first got my license, they weren't even safe on the sidewalks.  Law and order ain't all that it's cracked up to be.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #523 on: October 12, 2010, 12:00:20 PM »
I hear you.  I remember driving through my neighborhood one time, and these kids were playing ball in the street.  No biggie, I don't have a problem waiting for them to move out of the way, if they seem to not intentionally be taking any longer than necessary.  One of the kids had his back to me, and someone else yelled something at him, so he turned around and literally stood there looking at me.  He then yelled something to his friends (probably "watch this!") and crossed him arms.  So now he is standing in the road, facing me, arms crossed.  Are you kidding? 

I hadn't stopped anyway, only slowed way down, so I continued toward him.  He stood there facing me down, then dashed out of the way at the last second, yelling something at me as his friends laughed.  Moron.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #524 on: October 12, 2010, 02:04:14 PM »
I hear you.  I remember driving through my neighborhood one time, and these kids were playing ball in the street.  No biggie, I don't have a problem waiting for them to move out of the way, if they seem to not intentionally be taking any longer than necessary.  One of the kids had his back to me, and someone else yelled something at him, so he turned around and literally stood there looking at me.  He then yelled something to his friends (probably "watch this!") and crossed him arms.  So now he is standing in the road, facing me, arms crossed.  Are you kidding?  

I hadn't stopped anyway, only slowed way down, so I continued toward him.  He stood there facing me down, then dashed out of the way at the last second, yelling something at me as his friends laughed.  Moron.
Fucking kids today are little dicks. You just want to smack them upside the head and watch them cry and piss their pants. Then they say fuck you and threaten to sue you. :lol
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:48:53 PM by tick »