Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 324645 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2065 on: March 07, 2017, 11:26:41 AM »
 :lol

My Achilles hurt every day, my hip is bothering me and my eyes are dry all the time.  Fuck you old age! :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2066 on: March 07, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »
I pulled a front rib muscle while trying to scratch my back. Now every time I lift my coffee cup I make a kind of weesing-grunty sound.

See, if you stretched regularly, that might not have happened.  If only I had thought to post this sooner, we could have avoided all this unpleasantness.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2067 on: March 07, 2017, 11:32:10 AM »
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2068 on: March 07, 2017, 11:54:30 AM »

My Achilles hurt every day, my hip is bothering me and my eyes are dry all the time.  Fuck you old age! :lol

Hey....my achilles has actually been giving me probs lately.  We have a very high energy dog now, Mini Bull Terrier, and to burn her energy I skateboard a couple miles down the beach boardwalk with her.  My push off foot (achilles) has really started to bother me, and I can only manage a few days a week.  That shit never happened when I was young  :-\

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2069 on: March 07, 2017, 12:02:54 PM »
Mine was being on our roof cleaning the chimney with the brush kit and holding your body up at the 45 degree angle.  My weight doesn't help either.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2070 on: March 07, 2017, 12:05:20 PM »
Mine was being on our roof cleaning the chimney with the brush kit and holding your body up at the 45 degree angle.  My weight doesn't help either.

That should be a job you pay some youngster to do  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2071 on: March 07, 2017, 12:11:44 PM »
I know!  Next time I will!  All my nephews are grown up with full time jobs except my bother's son who is 3 months short of 5 years old.

Get up there son! :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2072 on: March 07, 2017, 12:22:21 PM »
I'm often surprised at the things I'm willing to pay to have done that I used to accomplish without thought. I pay a guy to keep our yard fertilized and trimmed. Once per week we have a housekeeper come in and clean the bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room and entertainment room. I paid a kid to put up and take down our Christmas lights this year. Now I'm considering paying someone to repaint our bedroom! I used to love to paint.

Saturday, I switched the TV on to watch the Mexico Championship (Golf) and when I got comfy in the recliner with my glass of bourbon, I realized that I'd left the remote on the bar. I literally waited for Mrs. P to wander by and offered to pay her a dollar to fetch the remote for me. Can you believe she flipped me off?!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2073 on: March 07, 2017, 12:24:11 PM »
Yes I can.  Yes I can.   Been there, done that. :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2074 on: March 07, 2017, 12:40:32 PM »
I'm often surprised at the things I'm willing to pay to have done that I used to accomplish without thought. I pay a guy to keep our yard fertilized and trimmed. Once per week we have a housekeeper come in and clean the bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, living room and entertainment room. I paid a kid to put up and take down our Christmas lights this year. Now I'm considering paying someone to repaint our bedroom! I used to love to paint.

Saturday, I switched the TV on to watch the Mexico Championship (Golf) and when I got comfy in the recliner with my glass of bourbon, I realized that I'd left the remote on the bar. I literally waited for Mrs. P to wander by and offered to pay her a dollar to fetch the remote for me. Can you believe she flipped me off?!

Thankfully, I have teenagers for that.

So many things just ache - my left hip was bugging me for about 3 weeks last October; right now it's my left elbow, and my lower back.  I try to stretch periodically throughout the day.  My RMT moved a few years back, and I haven't bothered to find a new one - which is just dumbass stupid... I have $400/year in both chiro and massage that is covered through benefits.  Free money I need to get back to taking advantage of.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2075 on: March 07, 2017, 12:41:03 PM »
So next time you'd better offer her $5   ;D

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2076 on: March 07, 2017, 03:08:47 PM »
I'd hire someone to put my socks on.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?:
When you look down and realize you have to tie one of your shoes, and then you do a little dance, trying to figure out what knee put down.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #2077 on: March 08, 2017, 09:03:51 AM »
Can't say that's ever happened to me Tim.  I look for the nearest place to sit.   :rollin
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2078 on: March 08, 2017, 11:28:05 AM »
There's nothing more humbling/devastating to a man's ego than getting the 'Sir' from a young, attractive woman.

Just snagged a Smoothie for lunch and the young lady working handed it to me and shot me the 'Thank you, have a great day Sir'...  :(

I'm a happily married man so it's not as if I'm looking to 'pick up' chics or what not, but in my mind I'm in no way a 'Sir'....I'm still the strapping young lad I've always been.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2079 on: March 08, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »
There's nothing more humbling/devastating to a man's ego than getting the 'Sir' from a young, attractive woman.

Just snagged a Smoothie for lunch and the young lady working handed it to me and shot me the 'Thank you, have a great day Sir'...  :(

I'm a happily married man so it's not as if I'm looking to 'pick up' chics or what not, but in my mind I'm in no way a 'Sir'....I'm still the strapping young lad I've always been.

Please calm down....Sir.....  :biggrin:

I hear ya though...I've noticed the same, and yeah... I cringe every time.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2080 on: March 08, 2017, 12:12:41 PM »

But it probably says in the training manual to address old men, er, I mean adult males as "sir".
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2081 on: March 08, 2017, 12:13:34 PM »
I'll take 'sir' anytime.  I usually get "creepy old fuck".
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2082 on: March 08, 2017, 12:16:14 PM »
I wear my "Sir" proudly.  Youngsters should respect their elders.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2083 on: March 08, 2017, 12:31:32 PM »

But it probably says in the training manual to address old men, er, I mean adult males as "sir".

especially when they have white and silver starting to dominate their beard    :(

I wear my "Sir" proudly.  Youngsters should respect their elders.

I do appreciate the respect.......just can't seem to get over the fact I'm actually a 'Sir' now.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2084 on: March 08, 2017, 12:32:56 PM »
I got a "damn, you're older than my father!" from some asshole that carded me at a club last year.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2085 on: March 08, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »
I hope you replied with:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2086 on: March 09, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »
I got a "damn, you're older than my father!" from some asshole that carded me at a club last year.

That's when you realize your looks are younger than your age.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2087 on: March 09, 2017, 08:27:46 PM »

They probably have to card everyone, but..you keep telling yourself that.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2088 on: March 10, 2017, 04:11:01 AM »
I never get carded anymore. I'm waaaaaay past looking young.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2089 on: March 10, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »
Saw this in the Reading Thread:

Walking With the Wind: A Memoir of the Movement -- John Lewis
My first thought was a fogey passing gas.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2090 on: March 10, 2017, 03:59:02 PM »

Yeah, (perhaps) an unfortunate title but the subject matter is dead serious so your joke makes me quite uncomfortable.  :blush

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2091 on: March 10, 2017, 04:05:58 PM »
What is it about?

Edit: Nevermind.  Googled it.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2092 on: March 10, 2017, 04:56:28 PM »

They probably have to card everyone, but..you keep telling yourself that.
That's like the first time I was carded in 5 years or so. I've got just enough gray in my beard that there's really not much of a question about it. When I do it's a new hire, the TABC has recently busted the place, or it's mandatory per policy. At the club (which I'll be at this evening to see Saxon/UFO, in fact) is almost certainly the latter.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #2093 on: March 12, 2017, 09:20:13 AM »
Dental opinion needed.  If anyone here has partial denture, how long did it take you to get used to the partial?  I am still hoping to save my current 3 tooth bridge(tooth, blank, tooth), but will not know until the dentist pulls the bridge and checks the condition of one of the anchor teeth.  If the anchor tooth is still good, he will root canal the tooth and then fit me for another 3 tooth bridge.  Intitially he was going to just do a root canal thru the bridge, but there infection in the root as well as around the gum of the anchor tooth.

When the dentist mentioned partial denture, I cringed thinking of my mother and others I knew that had a full set of dentures. :omg:

Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2094 on: March 12, 2017, 10:07:28 AM »
No advice available here - I still have all my chicklets

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2095 on: March 12, 2017, 08:38:25 PM »
I HATE root canals.  Have never had a pleasant one.  Matter of fact, next time my dentist tells me I need one, I will be looking at other options.  Like an implant or just yanking it.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2096 on: April 12, 2017, 06:22:39 AM »
Didn't really know where to put this, but since it's mostly fogeys that will appreciate this, I figured this was the best place (and forgive me for bragging).

As of this morning, I'M MORTGAGE FREE!

With the separation package I got, I was able to paydown the last chunk of my mortgage - and perfect timing, it was up for renewal yesterday, so I didn't get hit with any early-pay penalties!

:woot:

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2097 on: April 12, 2017, 06:26:00 AM »
And so young still Chad.  That is awesome!!!!

So,I've got to take me dad next Tuesday for a Cat Scan assisted biopsy.  The other Cat Scan showed a plum sized growth in his top part of his right lung.  We are all trying to be optimistic but 6 years ago my mom dies of lung cancer and both my parents smoked like a chimney.  Scary times for us.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2098 on: April 12, 2017, 06:30:01 AM »
Didn't really know where to put this, but since it's mostly fogeys that will appreciate this, I figured this was the best place (and forgive me for bragging).

As of this morning, I'M MORTGAGE FREE!

With the separation package I got, I was able to paydown the last chunk of my mortgage - and perfect timing, it was up for renewal yesterday, so I didn't get hit with any early-pay penalties!

:woot:

That is awesome!! That day is so far away for me that it seems like it'll never come.    Congrats  :tup

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2099 on: April 12, 2017, 06:32:14 AM »
Woohoo for Chad! We're still four years from paying off our mortgage, but the end is in sight.

King, I'm sorry for you and your Pop. I wish you all the best of luck and the skill of medical science.