Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 325882 times)

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club ! Ages 30 and over
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2009, 04:47:38 AM »
F##king awesome wki!

I picked you out in the first pic before I saw the second. Your buddy in the chair looks like Jay Jay French.  Please tell me that dude's not wearing leg warmers! :rollin

If you're wearing a Born Again t shirt, that had to be autumn of '83.

Great stuff.

I challenge more Old Fogeys to dig out some goods!

Let's f##king see' em!

That is a Born Again shirt...yes hes wearing leg warmers, yes he looks like JJ French and he is my younger brother
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2009, 08:11:03 AM »
Went to the Pats game, got home and went to bed at 1am.  Got up at 6:15am to go to work, and have a woozy head today.  To quote Danny Glover, "I'm to ols for this shit".  Old guys shouldn't hang with the youngsters.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2009, 09:41:33 AM »
F##king awesome wki!

I picked you out in the first pic before I saw the second. Your buddy in the chair looks like Jay Jay French.  Please tell me that dude's not wearing leg warmers! :rollin

Great stuff.

Let's f##king see' em!

That is a Born Again shirt...yes hes wearing leg warmers, yes he looks like JJ French and he is my younger brother

So I got 3 out of four! :metal
It looks like you guys are partying with the Bay City Rollers!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2009, 10:13:01 AM »
Those are some great pics wkiml!   :lol  :tup
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2009, 10:43:24 AM »
F##king awesome wki!

Great stuff.

Let's f##king see' em!

So I got 3 out of four! :metal
It looks like you guys are partying with the Bay City Rollers!

In the first Picture all the guys with the exception of the guy giving the devil horns/I love you man were members of the band I was in...I played Bass/My Brother played Guitar/ Dude with white MC standing on the chair played lead and the guy on the floor was the drummer

We are still trying to figure out what the hell I was opened in the bottom picture with the screw offcap..Most likely Boone's Farm

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #320 on: September 15, 2009, 03:18:53 PM »
Those are some great pics wkiml!   :lol  :tup

Still waiting for some 80's LudwigVan shots....
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2009, 07:20:13 PM »
Went to the Pats game, got home and went to bed at 1am.  Got up at 6:15am to go to work, and have a woozy head today.  To quote Danny Glover, "I'm to ols for this shit".  Old guys shouldn't hang with the youngsters.
You were almost cursed for wearing those 80's circus clown uniforms. In typical Patriot fashion they found a way. In typical Bills fashion, they choked.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #322 on: September 25, 2009, 06:02:53 AM »
I don't qualify to post in this thread for another 3 years but I just couldn't think of a more appropriate place on DTF to brag about my Bonanza DVDs!
Bonanza first season was released for the first time on DVD a few weeks ago and I got it today, so freakin excited about watching it without all the annoying TV Land commercials.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #323 on: September 25, 2009, 08:10:57 AM »
You were almost cursed for wearing those 80's circus clown uniforms. In typical Patriot fashion they found a way. In typical Bills fashion, they choked.

We were cursed last week tick.  Damn those smack talking Jets.  We'll get a shot at then at home.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline EstyMaJ

« Reply #324 on: September 25, 2009, 08:43:49 AM »
Well It's nice to Know there are others that have been fans since DT's Biggining
Anyway reporting in and thought i was the oldest but I think i read a couple of posts at age 44 also

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #325 on: September 25, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »

We were cursed last week tick.  Damn those smack talking Jets.  We'll get a shot at then at home.
I think Sanchez is the real deal, and Brady needs some time to work out the ring rust. I like the Jets (second favorite team)so I enjoyed the victory.
My team is the Broncos so it may be a rough year my me.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2009, 04:08:21 PM »

The Jets have a great running game so they can ease him in but he produced in the second half when the Pats shut down the run.  Good sign for the Jets. 
Denver blew it up and it will take a few years.  Or mabye the curse of the Pats coaching staff continues.
I think Sanchez is the real deal, and Brady needs some time to work out the ring rust. I like the Jets (second favorite team)so I enjoyed the victory.
My team is the Broncos so it may be a rough year my me.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »
I don't qualify to post in this thread for another 3 years but I just couldn't think of a more appropriate place on DTF to brag about my Bonanza DVDs!
Bonanza first season was released for the first time on DVD a few weeks ago and I got it today, so freakin excited about watching it without all the annoying TV Land commercials.

TV Shows on DVD are awesome.  It's just a little weird when they fade down or otherwise do an obvious break because the commercial goes there, but it's so cool that you don't have commercials there that you get over it pretty quickly.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #328 on: September 30, 2009, 06:47:05 AM »

TV Shows on DVD are awesome.  It's just a little weird when they fade down or otherwise do an obvious break because the commercial goes there, but it's so cool that you don't have commercials there that you get over it pretty quickly.

I've got the entire Sanford And Son collection on DVD!  :metal

Offline Serpentor

• I am faster than 80% of all snakes
  • DT.net Member
  • I don't want a large Farva, I want a liter of cola
« Reply #329 on: September 30, 2009, 07:34:14 AM »
Three's Company FTW, especially with all the Ralph Furley seasons.  He was hysterical on that show
Dear Santa,
Please kill Icy for Christmas.

Love,

Everyone

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2009, 07:36:02 AM »
Three's Company FTW, especially with all the Ralph Furley seasons.  He was hysterical on that show
Amen!

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #331 on: September 30, 2009, 08:16:12 AM »

Great show for giggles and jiggles. 

I've got the entire Sanford And Son collection on DVD!  :metal

That theme song gets me every time! 
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #332 on: September 30, 2009, 11:09:57 AM »
I went through the first season of WKRP in Cincinatti.  It was pretty cool; I'd almost forgotten how stunning Loni Anderson was, and I always thought Bailey was cute, though they didn't really do much with her until later seasons.  I don't think they ever did any more because Season One didn't sell well.

And of course the reason why it didn't sell well is because most of the music had been subbed out for "generic rock music".  Even when it was integral to the plot or punchline.  The rights to use the music on the TV show have to all be renegotiated when they make DVDs of them, and in most cases the suits just didn't consider it worth their time/effort.  Morons.

So when Dr. Johnny Fever raves on about callers who beg him "What can I do?  What do I take?" and in response he puts on a record and cranks it, it does not have Bob Seger screaming "Just take those old records off the shelf" but instead has some generic instrumental thing.  The joke isn't just ruined; the entire scene makes no sense.

The scene where Mr. Carlson walks into the booth while Johnny is playing "Dogs" by Pink Floyd (AC: "Do I hear... dogs?"  Johnny: "I do") -- gone.  They just cut the scene completely, which I guess is better than having another scene that makes no sense.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #333 on: September 30, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »
They also overdubbed some of the dialog because it wasn't possible to remove the music without removing the talking as well.  The real irony is that the show did a lot to promote the music they were playing.  The gold record hanging on the wall of the bullpen was an honest to God gold record awarded to the show's producers by Chrysalis for being instrumental in the success of Blondie's Heart of Glass. 

Regardless, all four seasons are pretty easy to get online, recorded from Nick at Night with the original music.  I watched it all about 4 months ago.  Apparently, if stations still have the originals, then they're allowed to show them.  It's stations that purchase them now for syndication that has to use non ASCAP music. 

Oh, and Bailey is 10 times hotter than Loni Anderson.  Was in real life, too.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #334 on: September 30, 2009, 02:09:23 PM »
Wow, that's interesting. I didn't realize that about the music. I wasn't really into that show anyway. I do remember the episode after the trampling at The Who show.

I'm not sure I even remember Bailey.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 02:39:22 PM by TAC »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #335 on: September 30, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
Yeah, I've heard that there are places online where you can find the originals.  I hate watching TV on my PC though, plus I still have not joined the 21st century and learned how to bittorrent.  It seems like everyfuckingthing is bittorrent nowadays.

Bailey Quarters was the station intern who started with a very small role, but they figured out how to better use her character as time went on.  And yes, she was definitely cuter than Jennifer (Loni Anderson).  Jennifer was the blonde bombshell who looked fantastic but you knew you didn't have a chance in hell, so there was practically no point to even looking at her.  Bailey was just a nice regular girl.  I'd much rather hang out with Bailey.

One of the running jokes on the show was that the owner, Arthur Carlson, was so clueless that he didn't know who Bailey was.  He did see some pretty girl around the office sometimes, but whenever he tried to ask who it was, something always came up to distract him.  Meanwhile, he'd hear things once in a while about how Bailey did this or that, and he'd say "Okay, get that Bailey guy to do it".

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #336 on: September 30, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »
OK, I remember now...

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #337 on: October 19, 2009, 02:43:42 PM »
It's been a while, but the old farts club is back on the front page.  Reason?  Today I reached an old fart milestone that made my 40th birthday look like shit.  No, I'm not talking about my first colon check(actually enjoyed that :P), I'm talking about my beautiful daughter's....wait for it......sweet sixteen.  Holy shit, that is one that goes right to the old man core.  Knowing that your little toeheaded bundle of joy will be in control of a 2000lb car is, to be frank, fucking frightening. :\

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #338 on: October 19, 2009, 04:08:44 PM »
Is she hot?

Okay, okay... I'm just kidding.  Of course she's hot.  All 16-year-old girls are, at least in their father's eyes. 

But seriously, if the fact that she's driving a car is the worst of your worries, you've done a good job.  My daughter started junior high this year and has been blowing away her texts-per-month on some guy named Alex.  I'm gonna have to check this Alex guy out.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #339 on: October 19, 2009, 04:49:06 PM »
Is she hot?

Okay, okay... I'm just kidding.  Of course she's hot.  All 16-year-old girls are, at least in their father's eyes. 

But seriously, if the fact that she's driving a car is the worst of your worries, you've done a good job.  My daughter started junior high this year and has been blowing away her texts-per-month on some guy named Alex.  I'm gonna have to check this Alex guy out.
I found the best way to check out your daughters potential suitors is through a rifle scope.  It's amazing how honest it keeps the little buggers. :xbones

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #340 on: October 19, 2009, 06:40:25 PM »
Cool, I'll try that. :tup

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #341 on: October 19, 2009, 10:17:13 PM »
Is she hot?

I found the best way to check out your daughters potential suitors is through a rifle scope.  It's amazing how honest it keeps the little buggers. :xbones
I like the way you think !!! :metal :tup

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #342 on: October 19, 2009, 10:34:36 PM »
Is she hot?

I like the way you think !!! :metal :tup
Yeah, I also like to tell them that,"I really don't want to go back to prison because of another ill mannered child."

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #343 on: October 20, 2009, 07:52:09 AM »
I tease my 15 year old son all the time about dating....I always ask him if his GF's mother is single and hot and if so hook me up...than I explain that if I do hit it off with her, he would incase be dating his potential step sister...freaks him out everytime

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #344 on: October 20, 2009, 12:03:42 PM »
I tease my 15 year old son all the time about dating....I always ask him if his GF's mother is single and hot and if so hook me up...than I explain that if I do hit it off with her, he would incase be dating his potential step sister...freaks him out everytime
Classic!! Kids are so gullible and self concious, they make it way to easy to pick on them.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #345 on: October 20, 2009, 12:04:55 PM »
is older and moldier today

35...its all down hill now......
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #346 on: October 20, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »
is older and moldier today

35...its all down hill now......
Happy Bday. The good thing about down hill, It's easier on the knees, which will help since the knees go to crap right...about....now.

Offline lutima

« Reply #347 on: October 21, 2009, 01:20:26 PM »
I can't believe I never even saw this thread  :P....must be my age  :facepalm:
 ;D

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #348 on: October 23, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »
Its official today I became a member of the unemployed ( to an extent) I no longer have to commute 4 hours a day (2 each way ) to work. I was let go today, but I will continue to receive my normal pay until Jan 23rd at that point I can apply for unemployment benefits, and I will receive my severance package equivalent to one years salary, I also will receive my medical/dental benefits until 12/31/2010 as well as job coaching and job placement services until that date as well. It feels like a huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders, now I can go ahead and have my surgeries as well as have time for the gym, before looking for something new.

Plus it will give me lots of time to attend shows  :metal

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #349 on: October 23, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »
Holy fucking shit, that's a glorious (total) severance package!  Nothing even changes until next year, except that you don't actually have to go to work, and you could go another year without working before the money even catches up.

Where the hell did you work?