Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 317278 times)

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club ! Ages 30 and over
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 06:33:08 PM »
anyone heard from wkmil...can't remember how long it was till he would go into rehab?

I'm still here just waiting on my release date from work its looking like 5/11 will be my last day at work...than take care of some personal stuff and go get my ass cleaned up
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, I'm new in the Old Fogey Club and unfamiliar with wkmil's rehab situation.  Was it physical (a knee or something) or substance?

DT  substance  I have an issue with drinking since i've been 16 but it never consumed my life they way it has the last couple of months..its lead to other health problems so its time to get myself clean

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2009, 07:57:44 PM »
good to see you around and look forward to seeing you on the other side

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 06:31:09 AM »
Actually it was a used copy of Zebra-Live.  Gotta love Newbury Comics!

awesome album still gets lots of spins

That's funny, I thought of you when I bought it!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 09:02:43 AM »
Its a great day to hack things with a chainsaw ! Hopefully not my leg.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2009, 09:44:54 AM »
Boy am I tired.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline DTBiker

• Stewart that fat puppy
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2009, 10:14:00 AM »
Forgive my ignorance, I'm new in the Old Fogey Club and unfamiliar with wkmil's rehab situation.  Was it physical (a knee or something) or substance?

DT  substance  I have an issue with drinking since i've been 16 but it never consumed my life they way it has the last couple of months..its lead to other health problems so its time to get myself clean
Good for you.  I'm sure its not an easy decision to make but I'm hoping you will be successful and getting clean will improve your life.  I have a good friend who quit drinking about 4 years ago and he has never been happier.  Best of luck to you!!
Mine is the shiny city on a hill and yours, of course, are the colors that fill it
So put your hand in the hand of mine and we'll spread this love like dandelions...

Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2009, 10:15:41 AM »
Boy am I tired.

That's probably because you haven't slept since you found out that DT is coming to NC!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2009, 11:42:29 AM »
What the hell are all these young punks doing here?  30 ain't old!

I turn 47 this year and I'm...  hmm, can't really say I'm "proud" of it...  but dammit, just plain living this long ought to count for something (especially if you've done as much stupid shit in your life as I've done).

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 12:16:41 PM »
An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.'

The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'
The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know... The one that's red and has thorns.'

'Do you mean a rose?'

'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled,

'Rose, darling, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2009, 12:31:22 PM »
What the hell are all these young punks doing here?  30 ain't old!

I turn 47 this year and I'm...  hmm, can't really say I'm "proud" of it...  but dammit, just plain living this long ought to count for something (especially if you've done as much stupid shit in your life as I've done).
I'm 44, and you can add me to the "done stupid shit in your life" list. If I wrote a book about my life, people would trully believe me to be a liar.

Offline DTBiker

• Stewart that fat puppy
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2009, 01:33:54 PM »
Same here.  I'm 39 and I'm actually contemplating writing a book about my crazy life.  It's a miracle I'm still on this earth and in relatively good health considering the life I've had.  And yeah, no one would believe half of what I could write... 
Mine is the shiny city on a hill and yours, of course, are the colors that fill it
So put your hand in the hand of mine and we'll spread this love like dandelions...

Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2009, 01:38:51 PM »
Fess up Fogeys!

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »
We need the Texas Pirate back as the thread patron. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 03:17:34 PM »

I think Jackie mentioned he didn't have a computer anymore...seems his was giving him problems and he smashed it

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 03:31:15 PM »
Yeah...where the hell is The TP anyway?

Back on the topic of "done stupid poo", it amazes me not just of all the really stupid things I've done, but also all of the stuff I have crammed into my life thus far. It really does. The thing that panics me is all of the stuff I still want to cram into it. When I die, I know that people will say "He really lived a very full, rich, complete life." What troubles me is that they could say that right now! Hell, I've got about 70 more years worth of living to do, and if I'm really lucky, only about 40 more quality years left! I have not up until now, and will not ever grow old gracefully. Fuck that! I'm going out swinging when I go damnit! You better be able to continue doing shit in the afterlife, or I'll be really pissed off!

As for Carpe Diem, I truly try to do this everyday. I literally have way too much life to live in the time we're all given. If you can't say the same thing- unplug your computer, get off your ass, and get moving.

But if I look back on all the things I've experienced and accomplished, it seems like I'm looking at the lives of at least three people, and I'm only 45. Like Jerry Reed used to sing, "I've got a long way to go and a short time to get there."  Thats so true about life isn't it?

I was at an event a couple of years ago in Minnesota and got to spend some time with John Sandford. I'm a tremendous fan of his work, and it was really exciting for me. In my opinion he captures every day character dialogue like no one else in the business today. He also writes great stories too. But he told me he signs just about everything he signs now with ''Don't forget to enjoy the real world that exists outside of fiction. -John Sandford". He does this now because he meets so many people who live to read, and DO NOTHING ELSE! I've met those people too! How sad. My wife and I remind each other almost every day that life is short. It truly, truly is.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »
I suppose it might be cynical, and also go against the spirit of the topic I myself brought up, but our peers who did all the same stupid shit we did and didn't survive... well, they're here to talk about it, are they?  So it's only logical that the ones who survived are the ones here to tell the tale, and the law of averages says that there will be a few.

I saw this movie a long time ago called Cherry 2000.  Typical post-apocalyptic crapfest where 99% of the population is gone and those who are left live in anarchy.  The main bad guy, Lester, leads a bunch of thugs around the wastelands on quadrunners.  They do what they want, take what they want, because there's no one to stop them.

There's this one scene where they're up on a hill, revving the quads, getting ready to do some raping and pillaging, and he looks at his buddies and says:

"Remember... Life Is Adventure!"

The character was meant to be dispicable of course, but I was like 12 years old and what stuck with me was the attitude.  Life is adventure.  You do what you have to do to keep going, and do what excites you and gives you a kick otherwise.  You don't know what's coming, and you sure as hell don't know when it'll all end, so have your fun now.  The only thing I would add is that you do all this without stomping on someone else's rights, but otherwise that's where I'm at.  Experience everything you can.  Do everything you can, see everything you can.  You get one shot... make it a good one.  It's only later that you realize how stupid it might have been, but some would say that a short, exciting, full life beats a long boring one.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 06:17:11 PM »
Well, it would appear that was not going to happen. You will have to settle for tick. Sorry.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 06:48:21 PM »

I think Jackie mentioned he didn't have a computer anymore...seems his was giving him problems and he smashed it
And that's such and admirable fucking quality, isn't it?  I certainly did some maniacal things in my youth, but I've become quite "analytical" in my old age.  The thought that I could use Mr. Maglite to smash my computer the next time it BOSDs me is foreign; overruled by the knowledge of the time and money I spent building the thing. 

Well, it would appear that was not going to happen. You will have to settle for tick. Sorry.
And I dig having you around, but TTP was a different breed of animal.  He was actually before my time here, but reading through the archive gave me a pretty good appreciation of the fellow.  He also started the original Old Fogeys thread; hence the patronage. 

Of all the stuff lost due to the recent down time, the thread on "embarrassing sex stories" is the loss that hurts the most, and he was the most entertaining by far. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 08:47:43 PM »
Yeah, but nothing really embarassed him.

He is a legend.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2009, 12:12:59 AM »
An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.'

The other man said, 'What is the name of the restaurant?'
The first man thought and thought and finally said, 'What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know... The one that's red and has thorns.'

'Do you mean a rose?'

'Yes, that's the one,' replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled,

'Rose, darling, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?'

that was great!

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2009, 05:58:29 AM »

And that's such and admirable fucking quality, isn't it?  I certainly did some maniacal things in my youth, but I've become quite "analytical" in my old age.  The thought that I could use Mr. Maglite to smash my computer the next time it BOSDs me is foreign; overruled by the knowledge of the time and money I spent building the thing. 

And I dig having you around, but TTP was a different breed of animal.  He was actually before my time here, but reading through the archive gave me a pretty good appreciation of the fellow.  He also started the original Old Fogeys thread; hence the patronage. 

Of all the stuff lost due to the recent down time, the thread on "embarrassing sex stories" is the loss that hurts the most, and he was the most entertaining by far. 
Sounds like an interesting guy. I'll tell ya what. If he returns and wants to start a fogeys thread, I will gladly delete mine.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2009, 08:03:57 AM »
Three old guys are out walking.
First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?'
Second one says, 'No, it's Thursday!'
Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer.'
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2009, 08:35:01 AM »
Ok here's and old married man's joke.

How do you change a dishwasher to a snowblower?

Hand the Bitch a shovel! :biggrin:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline masterthes

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2009, 11:08:13 AM »
Well, I turned 30 on Thursday. Now get off my lawn!!

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
What sucks about getting old?

It takes longer to recover from sex!   :hat
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2009, 05:30:06 AM »
my tenth anniversary on Friday.

Saturday night after a long day, I turned the light off at 9:30.
My wife proceeded to rip about a 25 second fart that trumpeted at the beginning..."saxed" at the end and scared the dog off the bed.

she then giggled herself to sleep.

I'm 34.
This is my life.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2009, 07:07:59 AM »

My wife proceeded to rip about a 25 second fart that trumpeted at the beginning..."saxed" at the end and scared the dog off the bed.

I'm 34.
This is my life.

This is every married mans life.  Richard Jeni had a great story about this.  If i find it on youtube, I'll post it later.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2009, 07:32:50 AM »
Yup.  Weekends take on a completely different meaning, especially if you have kids.  When you're young, weekends are for partying all night.  Somehow that gets reversed, and weekends become the time you actually can, or at least try to, get caught up on your sleep, after busting ass all week.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2009, 09:06:13 AM »
Had my 10th anniversary last month.  Went out to dinner at the restaurant I proposed at.  Very romantic.  We were so full after dinner, we put dessert off until later.  Checked into a hotel downtown Toronto, and ended up that the only place we could find within walking distance for dessert was Tim Horton's (big donut/coffee chain in Canada).  Stale cookie/donut and hot chocolate for dessert.

Good times.

Going to DisneyWorld next week for 10 days.  THAT will be good times.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2009, 09:52:06 AM »
My ninth anniversary is coming up in July.  Most likely, we are celebrating by combining a trip to Florida with the Orlando DT show (for me; my wife can't stand DT).

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »
I'm batching it for the month in CA while my family finishes school in TX, but they are coming out next weekend, so it will be like an anniversary....yay!

Offline ShadowGirl

• The Sickest Mind
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2009, 11:04:30 AM »
Yup.  Weekends take on a completely different meaning, especially if you have kids.  When you're young, weekends are for partying all night.  Somehow that gets reversed, and weekends become the time you actually can, or at least try to, get caught up on your sleep, after busting ass all week.
Man..that is so true. 

It's like the age thing, when you are young, you want to be older, when you are older, you wish to be young.  Or at least to "look" younger.  I don't want to be younger, but I wish these gray hairs would go away.

Donna
Visit the Official Demians forum at: www.demians-empire.com

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2009, 11:09:59 AM »

I'm 34.
This is my life.
I'm 44 and that sounds like a typical night in my bed. See what you have to look forward too over the next 10 years. More of the same. :biggrin:

Offline veronica

• Bosk-approved weird aunt
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Something must be done about this girl at once!
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2009, 02:49:56 PM »
Oh no... I'm 24!
...and that sounds like me and my husband. So this is it, then? I'm really stuck? :P

Honorary Junior Old Fogey
I have a dual-citizenageinternetgroupship.