Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 333421 times)

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2170 on: October 09, 2017, 01:32:48 PM »
She was born at 12:30! Mother and baby are doing great.

:tup :tup 

Also, pics (eventually) or it didn't happen.

Gotta wait until I hear from Mrs. P about how soon she can leave. My son and his family live five hours away so I've got some packing, shopping (see aforementioned scotch and cigars), booking a hotel, and driving to do. I don't know when I'll be able to post pics...it may be a day or so.

I'm pretty stoked...can't wait to see little baby Isla!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2171 on: October 09, 2017, 01:33:39 PM »
I'm in too good of a mood to let you young'n's bother me. Have your fun!
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2172 on: October 09, 2017, 01:35:52 PM »
I remember being in school, and the period right before man invented fire was called the Podaaric Period.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2173 on: October 09, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »
I remember being in school, and the period right before man invented fire was called the Podaaric Period.

yeah...I recall reading about a man named Gregg who convinced a buddy of his he had since elementary school who then became pope.....Pope Gregory XIII.....to scrap the Julian Calendar and introduce the new improved Greggorian one.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2174 on: October 09, 2017, 02:26:37 PM »

yeah...I recall reading about a man named Gregg who convinced a buddy of his he had since elementary school who then became pope.....Pope Gregory XIII.....to scrap the Julian Calendar and introduce the new improved Greggorian one.

Yup, and came up with that chant while they were at it.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2175 on: October 12, 2017, 06:56:32 AM »
It's been a whirlwind, couple of days...fun though! Okay, Chad, here's the pics.

Meet Isla

Papa, gets to hold Isla when the women folk finally relent.

Isla getting adored by her Mom and big brother.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2176 on: October 12, 2017, 07:08:34 AM »
Awesomesauce!  Is the "s" silent?  I'm thinking in my head 'eye-la'
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2177 on: October 12, 2017, 07:17:29 AM »
Aye, that's how they pronounce it...and thus, me to.

Although, us Scotch drinkers are tempted to pronounce it 'EES-la', yes?  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2178 on: October 12, 2017, 07:21:14 AM »
Awesome, just awesome.  Congrats Papa!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2179 on: October 12, 2017, 07:22:16 AM »
Thanks, King.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #2180 on: October 12, 2017, 07:23:58 AM »
Congrats  :metal

I love it when the small ones are so new that they still look "crinkled".  :biggrin:

Oh, and did anyone ever tell you, that you look (a little bit) like Peter Gabriel?
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2181 on: October 12, 2017, 07:44:49 AM »
That is so awesome Gregg.....happy for you and your family!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2182 on: October 12, 2017, 08:00:20 AM »
Oh, and did anyone ever tell you, that you look (a little bit) like Peter Gabriel?

No, but ProgSnob swears I look just like Fish (from Marillion).

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #2183 on: October 12, 2017, 11:08:03 AM »
Congrats! :tup
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2184 on: October 13, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »
So, I was spending sometime with my grandson, River, on Wednesday (I hadn't seen him in two years) and we were walking through his backyard. He suddenly says, "Papa, I really feel sorry for Steve."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, we don't let him out much... He doesn't have a very good life." River said, with a sad and overly serious face for a seven-year-old.

I started trying to remember if my daughter-in-law's brother is named Steve. He's in his thirties and has fetal alcohol syndrome and lives in an assisted care facility.

"That's sad, Riv."

"Yeah, my Dad says he needs to be with his kind so were gonna give him to a ranch."

I started wondering if I needed to go through the closets in the house looking for an abductee or maybe call the cops or something.

"Wait a minute, Riv. Who's Steve?"

He pointed over at a low four-foot square wire cadge next to the back porch. It had a couple of random sized pieces of plywood over the top and a cinder block perched on top. I had walked past the thing a few times assuming it was just more of the random flotsam my son kept in his back yard. Looking more carefully, I noticed a white pile of fluff and realized there was a lop eared bunny curled up tightly in the corner. I looked down at my grandson and burst out laughing.

"You named your rabbit, Steve?"

He laughed with me, although with an uncomprehending expression. "Yeah, like the guy on Minecraft."

Three days later, I still can't stop laughing about it.

:rollin :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2185 on: October 13, 2017, 09:52:04 AM »
I understand the hilarity of it all Gregg.....I bought the boys a Crested Gecko and my two oldest let my youngest name it.....he named it "Mike". Not some cool, strange....reptilian like name....just, Mike.

My wife and I still laugh when they talk about 'Mike', who's going to feed him etc etc. It's just weird.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2186 on: October 13, 2017, 10:03:58 AM »
My friend Chris years ago adopted a cat, and their family couldn't agree with a name for it.  I suggested Steve, because no one names pets like that.  It's always "Fluffy" or something.  They named the cat Raisins.

"Raisins"?

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2187 on: October 13, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
That would actually be a better name for the rabbit.  :lol

The bottom of the cage does look rather like the floor of a raisin packaging factory.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2188 on: October 13, 2017, 11:28:08 AM »
...or Cocoa Puffs.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2189 on: October 13, 2017, 11:37:53 AM »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2190 on: October 13, 2017, 02:32:28 PM »
I told my wife when we were looking to get 2 cats that if both were males I wanted to name them Lenny & Squiggy.  Well it was a boy and a girl so she won and named them Harry & Sally.  Funny thing is it's not about the movie.  Dirty Harry Callahan (Giggity) and she always loved the name Sally for a girl.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2191 on: October 13, 2017, 02:35:25 PM »
I told my wife when we were looking to get 2 cats that if both were males I wanted to name them Lenny & Squiggy.  Well it was a boy and a girl so she won and named them Harry & Sally.  Funny thing is it's not about the movie.  Dirty Harry Callahan (Giggity) and she always loved the name Sally for a girl.

Sure it isn't. :neverusethis:

It's OK.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2192 on: October 13, 2017, 02:37:37 PM »
No, I thought is was too but she swears it's not.  That's the reaction I get all the time. :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2193 on: October 13, 2017, 02:42:53 PM »
She's a good wife. :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2194 on: October 13, 2017, 02:47:20 PM »
Messin' with me all the time! :lol

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2195 on: October 13, 2017, 02:49:10 PM »

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2196 on: October 13, 2017, 02:56:27 PM »
One of my buddies from college has two sons.  He named the first one Daniel, after his father, and the younger one is Jack, after his wife's father.  So the boys are named after their two grandfathers, Jack and Daniel.

They never noticed, never even thought about it, until one of their other friends pointed it out.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2197 on: October 13, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »
Back to old talk.

My business partner--he's the principal share holder and is 62--really loves Poo-Pourri air freshener. He gets annoyed when other people in the office don't use it prior to snapping a fish. As you probably know, it only works as a preventative. But most of us with an occasional bout of IBS don't think ahead very well when the most pressing imperative is to get ones pants down and get pointed in the correct direction prior to the spontaneous evacuation event. Even he, on occasion, has forgotten and being the eldest of us all the consequences are usually dire.

Thus, he invented and installed this today:

The bent aluminum plate has a spring under it that can resist the weight of the toilet seat but not the additional weight of a person. So, a normal standing piss is unaffected, but have a bit of a sit-down and the lever engages a bulb (which having already siphoned a small quantity from the bottle) then squirts the delightful citrus-oil into the bowl to blanket the water. Viola, auto Poo-Pourri.

The receptionist took one look at it and asked if we now had security cameras in the toilet.  :lol

Closed seat view.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2198 on: October 13, 2017, 03:33:32 PM »
...most pressing imperative is to get ones pants down and get pointed in the correct direction prior to the spontaneous evacuation event..

A premature evacuation. :neverusethis:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2199 on: October 13, 2017, 03:34:43 PM »
Otherwise known as Smegland Rectal Seepage.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2200 on: October 13, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »
Why, you got a camera in my toilet?  :lol

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2201 on: October 13, 2017, 04:48:03 PM »
Okay, I have to admit, that's actually a pretty clever invention.  I've always been one to dream up clever ways to solve problems, but never have the initiative to put them into action.  Forging something like that from raw materials is pretty cool.

On the other hand, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??  Auto Poo-Pourri dispenser??

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2202 on: October 13, 2017, 04:55:55 PM »
I want to be proud that I heard somebody scream how horrible that smell. is.  I always fess up proudly.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2203 on: October 13, 2017, 05:35:34 PM »
Please tell me it doesn't come in Kingshmegland scent.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2204 on: March 01, 2018, 06:20:33 AM »
Well, I've joined the ranks of the daily pill takers. I held out for all these years, and if I'd taken better care of my body I'd probably be able to avoid it.

Got the high blood pressure, as Archie Bunker would say. And it's pretty frighteningly high. And after a week of taking beta blockers it's still high as fuck. I wish the Doc would have told me that you may not see results until after a couple weeks of taking the meds. I had to read it on the interwebs to find out.

Also, it looks like I may have a ulcer. Going in next Wednesday to get my stomach scoped...kind of a colonoscopy but from the other end. I sure hope they use a different scope!