Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 334355 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #2135 on: September 29, 2017, 09:37:58 AM »
It also doubles for begging the wife to go out with the guys.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #2136 on: September 29, 2017, 10:24:02 AM »
It also doubles for begging the wife to go out with the guys.

Hopefully it doubles as something for the missus' too.  :heybaby:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2137 on: September 29, 2017, 10:27:07 AM »
You guys are old.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2138 on: September 29, 2017, 10:31:16 AM »
One of the truly delightful aspects of getting older is the comedic opportunities of being in an office full of people over 55 that don't hear as well as the might. Whether from selective hearing (due to diminished brain capacity) or actual hearing loss, there is a never ending stream of misheard sentences.

"Did you get your new ear piece today?" Will variably heard as "hair piece", "ear pierce", "hair tease", or "herpes" depending on how far down the hall one is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5HsDRRPRY
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2139 on: September 29, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
 :lol

"I'll give you my herpes for a souvenir."
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2140 on: September 29, 2017, 12:02:23 PM »
You guys are old.

I think the word you're searching for is "seasoned"... or perhaps "distinguished".

It's ok youngling... your vocabulary will develop in time.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2141 on: September 29, 2017, 12:05:19 PM »
You guys are old.

I think the word you're searching for is "seasoned"... or perhaps "distinguished".

:rollin

Let's go with ancient.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2142 on: September 29, 2017, 12:20:29 PM »
Jay, stop being so credulous.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2143 on: September 29, 2017, 12:25:50 PM »
You guys are old.

:rollin

Let's go with ancient.

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #2144 on: October 02, 2017, 06:52:36 AM »
That's my line. Get off my post.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2145 on: October 05, 2017, 08:00:53 PM »
Gonna rant a bit.....

Weekends are valuable time. One thing that really ticks me off is when I have to 'waste' this time on instances that I really don't see the point in participating in. I am facing two such instances this weekend. Tomorrow night my wife has invited a group of friends (that we just saw last weekend) over to our house for another get together. Don't get me wrong...like the people well enough and I like getting together but, we just saw them last week. Really don't need a repeat gathering so soon. Plus, a couple of the guys in this group are tough to talk to...very dry and frankly boring.  It'd be a neat experiment but I'd be willing to bet I could type out the minimal, emotionless conversation I'll end up having with them right now....record the actual conversations that night....and they'd be spot on...because why???.... it's the same topics and points every time. Ugh!! Not trying to be mean but just being honest. In my eyes if spending time with friends was the point of tomorrow night she should have targeted a different group of friends to do it with, ones that we haven't seen in a while. But...whatever....I'm obligated now due to her commitment.

Saturday my wife agreed to visit one of her former co-workers of which I HAVE to go because literally the last five times she's went over to see her or they've came here I've either stayed home or left. Again, it's the husband. dude is no fun at all to hang with and I know (from my wife) that he has cheated on his wife and I've witnessed him wasted and he's just not nice. So, I don't like hanging out with the guy. He and his wife are working through the infidelity and working on saving their marriage....good for them....they have three young sons our kids age so I'm glad they didn't just throw in the towel....but, I simply don't like the guy. But, being that I've skipped so many of these get together's...again, I'm obligated to go.

So simply put...due to obligation I'm going to have to waste my Weekend nights this weekend on situations I would prefer not to be in. I'll try to make the best of them I suppose but bottom line is I really just felt like whining and pouting about it.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2146 on: October 05, 2017, 08:03:43 PM »
I'd tell Mrs. Drake that you expect a hummer Sunday morning.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2147 on: October 05, 2017, 08:17:05 PM »

:lol  Let me know how that works out.

I hear ya Gary... the only thing that helps me in those situations is Scotch.  Sadly... not an option on your end.  :dunno:  Maybe you can spontaneously start suffering from migraines?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2148 on: October 05, 2017, 08:21:22 PM »
Tell the Mrs. you're running a roulette on DTF!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2149 on: October 05, 2017, 08:30:04 PM »

:lol  Let me know how that works out.

Actually.....I'm beginning to piece together the courtesy hummer this afternoon now. It wasn't shortly after that I got the 'oh, by the way...remember we're going to Sarah's on Saturday and we're having the St. John's group over tomorrow night'.   :\   

I hear ya Gary... the only thing that helps me in those situations is Scotch.  Sadly... not an option on your end.  :dunno:  Maybe you can spontaneously start suffering from migraines?

Unfortunately my go to vice....coffee...will do me no good in either instance. I can wing tomorrow night by creating a massive bonfire in the new patio fire pit....tomorrow won't suck as bad I suppose. But Saturday is just going to be a real turd. Unless I buy home opener Blues tickets then pass it off like I 'won' them...so then I'd have to go to the Blues home opener?

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2150 on: October 05, 2017, 08:43:18 PM »
"So honey, I was listening to TAC and JBoy, yeah, you've probably never heard of them, but they were giving away tickets on WDTF and I was the 69th caller!!!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2151 on: October 05, 2017, 08:52:01 PM »
"So honey, I was listening to TAC and JBoy, yeah, you've probably never heard of them

she knows of Chad as "my Canadian Friend"   :lol   If were ever texting or happen to be talking on the phone and she asks who I'm talking to I just say "Chad, my Canadian Friend from the Forum" I usually get some sort of eye roll or other method of making fun of me because despite having been on this forum coming up on 7 years now....she still thinks it's 'weird' that I have communication with any of you guys outside this forum. Heck, the first time KevShmev and I went out and grabbed wings she looked at me like I had 4 eyes.  :lol   She can't understand it.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2152 on: October 05, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
Always happy to be the token "Canadian Friend".  You, on the other hand, are known to Mrs.jingle and the jingle.kids as "that rage posting St. Louis Blues fan".   :lol

Actually, you're the guy I glitter bombed - jingle.kids helped.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2153 on: October 05, 2017, 09:42:53 PM »
Always happy to be the token "Canadian Friend".  You, on the other hand, are known to Mrs.jingle and the jingle.kids as "that rage posting St. Louis Blues fan".   :lol

Ugh! That was SO much glitter.  :lol

I'm working on my rage posts towards the Blues. I thought i was more controlled last season....only dolling them out when applicable rather than on every occasion.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2154 on: October 06, 2017, 05:47:35 AM »

I'm working on my rage posts towards the Blues. I thought i was more controlled last season....only dolling them out when applicable rather than on every occasion.

Yes, you were very restrained last year.  Still, the one where you posted all the pictures of the game book (didn't you take a sharpie to every page or something?) .... that was epic.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2155 on: October 06, 2017, 06:07:41 AM »
Keep it down with all the joyfulness in here! I'M TRYING TO SLEEP, GODDAMNIT!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2156 on: October 06, 2017, 06:20:01 AM »
When I get home todsy it's nap time. 

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2157 on: October 06, 2017, 06:31:12 AM »

Yes, you were very restrained last year.  Still, the one where you posted all the pictures of the game book (didn't you take a sharpie to every page or something?) .... that was epic.

It was me flipping each individual player off....and they each deserved it that year.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2158 on: October 09, 2017, 09:58:25 AM »
I just received word: My daughter-in-law has started labor. Grandchild #6 is on her way!  :hat

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2159 on: October 09, 2017, 10:15:34 AM »
Congratulations!

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2160 on: October 09, 2017, 10:31:30 AM »
Thanks, Orbert!

It should be a fun week of cigars, Scotch and snuggling a fresh human. I love welcoming a new member to the family.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2161 on: October 09, 2017, 10:51:10 AM »
That's awesome news!!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2162 on: October 09, 2017, 11:45:45 AM »
Awesome Gregg!!  :tup     

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2163 on: October 09, 2017, 12:55:57 PM »
Awesome!!!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2164 on: October 09, 2017, 01:18:40 PM »
I just received word: My daughter-in-law has started labor. Grandchild #6 is on her way!  :hat

Fuck you're old.   :D

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2165 on: October 09, 2017, 01:24:57 PM »
She was born at 12:30! Mother and baby are doing great.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2166 on: October 09, 2017, 01:25:44 PM »

:tup :tup 

Also, pics (eventually) or it didn't happen.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2167 on: October 09, 2017, 01:25:56 PM »

Gregg needs to start a new thread....geared towards Grandparents. They could discuss the latest flavor of Ensure...newest cataract surgery techniques....and hone their 'back in my day' quotes.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2168 on: October 09, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »

Awesome

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2169 on: October 09, 2017, 01:29:51 PM »

Gregg needs to start a new thread....geared towards Grandparents. They could discuss the latest flavor of Ensure...newest cataract surgery techniques....and hone their 'back in my day' quotes.

He could start it with a d Depends vs Attends poll.   :lol