Author Topic: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!  (Read 334486 times)

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
Re: The DTF Old As Mold Club v. 40 IS The New 30! Kids Stay Out!
« Reply #1995 on: September 18, 2016, 09:27:38 AM »
Well yesterday went well for me. The wife has been dealing with health issues so wasn't drinking as much. Actually, rarely even spent time with us. So we hung out for 4-5 hours and then made our way out. No code word necessary lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #1996 on: September 18, 2016, 09:48:16 AM »
I was hoping for an incident.  :lol  Maybe next time.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1997 on: September 18, 2016, 03:08:31 PM »
That's good news, Tricia.  I'm glad there were no unpleasantries.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1998 on: September 19, 2016, 01:26:57 PM »
I am almost always ready to leave any given event before my wife.  I like to say that her sense of time is off.  She has the gift of gab, and she will just talk and talk and talk.

My sense of "when it's time to go" is spot on, and I frequently have to announce it to her.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1999 on: September 19, 2016, 04:01:42 PM »
I definitely fulfill the male gender role in the relationship. I'm more handy, I forget important dates/events, I'm not good at being romantic, he does all the cooking...

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2000 on: September 19, 2016, 04:42:26 PM »
So you made the right choice!  I like that my wife and I areally different. It's what makes us individuals.   Yet, we find common ground together and we don't suffocate each other.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2001 on: September 19, 2016, 04:46:37 PM »
I like that my wife and I areally different. It's what makes us individuals.   Yet, we find common ground together and we don't suffocate each other.

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2002 on: September 19, 2016, 04:54:07 PM »
I got this marriage shit down!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2003 on: September 19, 2016, 08:15:34 PM »
So you made the right choice!  I like that my wife and I areally different. It's what makes us individuals.   Yet, we find common ground together and we don't suffocate each other.

For sure! We compliment each other well. I'm a worrier and act too old for my age, help him focus on things like getting a degree. He is a free spirit and brings out my inner child. We bring out the best in each other, that's all you can really ask for right? lol

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #2004 on: September 20, 2016, 02:38:01 AM »
Sorry, it's an OCD thing of mine.. *complement

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2005 on: September 20, 2016, 10:33:00 AM »
I definitely fulfill the male gender role in the relationship. I'm more handy, I forget important dates/events, I'm not good at being romantic, he does all the cooking...
My wife is more handy, and I do the laundry.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2006 on: September 22, 2016, 08:22:54 AM »
mine manages our money because I'm an idiot.

cooking is 60/40 split her way....I have my 5-6 meals I can make
cooker generally doesn't do the dishes

Laundry is 50/50 split but not really agreed upon who's turn it is...whoever is least busy starts it

Neither of us are handy.
We procrastinate and then pay someone to fix/mend/paint
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2007 on: November 28, 2016, 01:55:42 PM »
So today I was stocking these:

But I couldn't help but think how cooler these were when I was a kid:

Anyone else collect them?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2008 on: November 29, 2016, 02:06:27 PM »
Don't even know what they are. Must be some yankee thing.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2009 on: November 29, 2016, 02:10:54 PM »
They are cinnamon/sugar mix shakers. You don't have those down there? Who doesn't love cinnamon toast?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2010 on: November 29, 2016, 02:16:03 PM »
So as long as the thread's here, what are y'all old fart's experiences with eyesight? Specifically, people with good eyesight becoming nearsighted. In my case I had spectacular eyesight all of my life but now need reading glasses and I'll be bumping the strength up again pretty soon (only 1.0 at the moment, but it's still annoying). My overall vision is down to 20/25 from 20/10 L and 20/15 R (also known as Emmett Smith vision). Does the nearsightedness continue to worsen or does it his a floor? Regular vision also decrease?

I figure half the people here have already dealt with this (the other half just always wore glasses) so I'm curious what others' experiences have been.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2011 on: November 29, 2016, 02:16:58 PM »
They are cinnamon/sugar mix shakers. You don't have those down there? Who doesn't love cinnamon toast?
Who can't sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on their bread? Yeah, definitely a yankee thing.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Online Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #2012 on: November 29, 2016, 02:22:17 PM »
I turned 40 this year. So now you all are stuck with me.  :rollin
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2013 on: November 29, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »
So as long as the thread's here, what are y'all old fart's experiences with eyesight? 

I have to use reading glasses for a while now, but I chalked it up to being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes when I was 30. My eyesight has really gotten worse in the last 3-4 years, but my pancreas has been fucking with me. I finally had to start on insulin this year.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2014 on: November 29, 2016, 03:04:38 PM »
So as long as the thread's here, what are y'all old fart's experiences with eyesight? 

I have to use reading glasses for a while now, but I chalked it up to being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes when I was 30. My eyesight has really gotten worse in the last 3-4 years, but my pancreas has been fucking with me. I finally had to start on insulin this year.
Sorry to hear that. That blows.

The reading glasses most likely have more to do with your age than your health, though. What strength do you use and have you been steadily increasing them?
E.F. Benson

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2015 on: November 29, 2016, 03:08:33 PM »
Thanks. I suppose there's worse though.

I actually haven't had an eye exam in a couple of years. I'm way overdue. They have seen "sugar" in my eyes, whatever that means. I'm not sure what my actual sight scores are. I think the last time I bought reading glasses they were 2.75. I don't get Rx. I usually get the cheapos at Job Lot.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2016 on: November 29, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »
Yup. Dollar Tree rules. I'll buy 10 pair and just leave them all over the place. Two in the car and four or five each at the shop and at home.

And yet I still never have them when I'm trying to read a menu.  :lol
E.F. Benson

Online Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2017 on: November 29, 2016, 03:35:24 PM »
Yup. Dollar Tree rules. I'll buy 10 pair and just leave them all over the place. Two in the car and four or five each at the shop and at home.

:rollin
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2018 on: November 29, 2016, 03:43:29 PM »

Yup so true. Most of the pics I post of myself, you can usually see them hanging off my necklace.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2019 on: November 29, 2016, 04:16:48 PM »
I break every reading glasses I get from the Dollar Store.   I play $8 at Walgreens and they last much longer.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2020 on: November 29, 2016, 04:31:03 PM »
I break every reading glasses I get from the Dollar Store.   

I break reading glasses every time you flub a post! ;D

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2021 on: November 29, 2016, 04:32:30 PM »
Last 2 days at work were very long and the boss was there so no playing on DTF. ;D

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2022 on: November 29, 2016, 05:39:39 PM »
I break every reading glasses I get from the Dollar Store.   I play $8 at Walgreens and they last much longer.
That's weird. I don't carry readers so I don't break them. I also occasionally buy Dollar Tree fake aviators and those see rugged, daily use and last longer than most Cheap Sunglasses.

Anyhoo, how was your eyesight before the readers and what's the story with them?
E.F. Benson

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2023 on: November 29, 2016, 06:01:52 PM »
Just readers so far.  I keep breaking the arms because the are not flexible.   The $8 versions have Springs on the arms.  When I put the glasses on top of my father head the arms would break.

My fault but I like leaving them on top of my head.

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2024 on: December 01, 2016, 06:57:30 AM »
I have two permanent indention in my skull where the nose pieces of my glass rest on my head.

Trifocal patient here. Luckily, I'm nearsighted...kinda, so I see things close, better, with the nekid eye. Not great, but better.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2025 on: December 01, 2016, 07:11:22 AM »
When you feel like a Mac Truck hit you with a cold and you know it will take weeks to get rid of it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2026 on: December 01, 2016, 07:39:25 AM »
I break every reading glasses I get from the Dollar Store.   

I break reading glasses every time you flub a post! ;D

You liar. Nobody's that rich.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2027 on: December 01, 2016, 07:45:45 AM »
Pshaw, that cheap bastard goes to the Dollar Store.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #2028 on: December 01, 2016, 09:38:39 AM »
Pshaw, that cheap bastard goes to the Dollar Store.

As I said, nobody's that rich.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2029 on: December 01, 2016, 09:47:05 AM »
Fellow old fogies who need glasses for distance...when you are not wearing them on your eyes, do you store em on your head, in the case, or hanging on a necklace/off your shirt? I put them on my head, but I hate it. Fucking things always fall off, and then I look like an idiot trying to block off the area so I can retrieve them.  :rollin