Author Topic: Buddyhunter1's Roulette II: Electric Boogaloo - IT'S OVER!  (Read 17152 times)

Offline Buddyhunter1

• Professional Mellotron Spotter
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Re: Buddyhunter1's Roulette II: Electric Boogaloo - ROUND 6, FIGHT!
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2015, 10:53:37 AM »
i find it really funny that the top-scoring songs from four people are all from round 2  :lol
has the entire roulette just been downhill since then? :P

Round 2 was interesting in that the top four that round was fantastic, and the bottom four ranged from average to subpar, with a huge quality gap inbetween. But yeah, I'd say it was definitely the best round so far. It also contained the two songs so far that interested me enough to make me go and buy the full albums they came from: Kauan - Muistumia and David Maxim Micic - Bilo 3.0, both of which are fantastic.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/
RYM: https://rateyourmusic.com/~buddyhunter1

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: Buddyhunter1's Roulette II: Electric Boogaloo - ROUND 6, FIGHT!
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2015, 10:55:33 AM »
So I got you into David, huh? My mission here is done  ;D

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Re: Buddyhunter1's Roulette II: Electric Boogaloo - ROUND 7, FIGHT!
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2015, 07:55:06 PM »
I just realized, the top three this round were people whose names start with the letter S.
And all of their songs also start with the letter S.
Guess it's just a lucky letter. :lol

---ROUND 6 RESULTS---

1st Place: senecadawg2
Foals - Spanish Sahara

This song is incredibly bleak, yet beautiful. It has a very melancholy chord progression, and the vocals convey a lot of pain and sorrow. However, the song's somber mood is, surprisingly, not the most noteworthy thing about it. That would be the absolutely amazing buildups. The song starts out very quiet, almost completely silent. Then the chorus comes in and things start swelling up, the song quickly increasing in volume, only to drop off back into silence after it reaches a certain point. That's just the first buildup though; the second one is even more intense. The crescendo during the second chorus is amazing; the volume keeps increasing and the instrumentation gets more and more active, and when things reach a bursting point, the song explodes into an absolutely wonderful section with the full band finally kicking in, accompanied by these fluttering, ethereal-sounding synths that fit the atmosphere perfectly. And then there's that lead guitar that comes in a few bars later… wow. I love me some epic buildups in music, and this song does them perfectly. Atmospheric, intense, and beautiful… pretty much all I could ask for this round.

2nd Place: Scorpion
MONO - Surrender

Surprisingly, senecadawg's submission wasn't the most melancholy song I got this round, because of this one. It's depressing as hell, with a dreary, hopeless atmosphere that never goes away. The chord progression is incredibly somber, and when the horns come in, they fit in perfectly. It's a good thing that the chord progression works well, because it stays throughout the entire song. Yeah, in addition to being super depressing, this song is also super repetitive. The instrumentation changes a bit every now and then, with the drums and horns dropping in and out, and the guitar getting a bit more gentle during certain sections, but that's pretty much it. Normally this would be a deal-breaker for me, but the incredibly strong atmosphere makes up for it. The repetitiveness somehow adds to the desolate, hopeless mood, as if to say, "yeah, all your happiness and joy is completely gone and it's gonna stay that way forever". Very well-done song; maybe not something I'll return to that often, but it accomplishes what it's trying to do perfectly. (I bumped this song up a bit in your contestant rankings, as it grew on me a bit since when I posted them.)

3rd Place: Shadow Ninja 2.0
Second Person - Spilt Milk

This song's atmosphere is quite dark; the deep, ominous piano chords and synth loop create a really tense and foreboding mood, to steal some of the vocabulary you used to describe it. The instrumentation is pretty minimalistic overall, though there's a handful of subtle touches in the background, and the music box sounding instrument that comes in every now and then works perfectly. I really like the vocals; the melodies are really strong, and the section with the choir near the end is fantastic. The one minor complaint I have with this song is that it could have maybe used a bit more of a buildup, as dynamics-wise, it stays pretty much the same throughout, but that's pretty knit-picky. This song was very unique-sounding, has a really strong atmosphere, and I definitely liked it.

4th Place: Evermind
David Gilmour - Where We Start

Here's a wonderful song to just relax and mellow out to. It's incredibly tranquil and laid-back, and the peaceful, tropical atmosphere fits the album title perfectly. The piano and string section are really nice when they're present, but being a David Gilmour song, the focus is obviously on the guitars, and as expected, they're done incredibly well. The acoustic rhythm guitar carries the song quite well, but unsurprisingly, it's the lead guitar that's the real highlight. It's always playing along to the song, adding in some tasteful and smooth flourishes and melodies, and the solo in the middle of the song is wonderful, but hey, it is David Gilmour after all. Can't say I have any real complaints for this one.

5th Place: Dr. DTVT
Evergrey - The Aftermath

I wasn't really sure what to think of this song at first, but it's definitely grown on me. There's some parts of it I really enjoy, and other parts that are just kinda there. On the positive end, the louder, more bombastic parts of the song are really powerful. The string melody during the first full-band section has a really epic and climactic feel to it, and the section leading up to the outro with the clean guitar arpeggio and the pounding drums has a great mood to it; very dramatic, almost melancholy in a way. The outro is great for the most part, as it reprises that great string melody I mentioned earlier, though I probably would have preferred a proper ending instead of an extended fade-out. Other problems I have with the song are the first minute and a half not being all that interesting, and the main lead guitar line feeling kinda out of place with the rest of the song, instrumentation and mood wise. That said, the parts of this song that work really do work, and they're powerful and impactful enough to elevate the song to a pretty good level of quality.

6th Place: Lucien
Duran Duran - Ordinary World

This song was pretty good. It's got some really memorable vocal melodies, especially that chorus, which gets stuck in your head really easily. I really like the verses; they have a great vocal melody and chord progression, especially for the last few bars before they transition into the chorus. That little bit after the first chorus is really beautiful; too bad it's over super quickly and never really gets reprised. The main guitar line is also great, and when it gets used in the guitar solo with some overdrive and reverb it's really powerful sounding. While this song's sound is decently atmospheric, it does come across as a bit cheesy in that 80s power ballad sort of way, and the chorus, despite being super memorable, isn't one of my favorite parts of the song. I definitely liked this song, though I don't really see myself revisiting it in the future, for whatever reason.

7th Place: mikemangioy
Foo Fighters - Still

This song has an incredibly peaceful, warm atmosphere that just screams "summer" to me. Listening to it I picture blue skies, grassy fields, leaves swaying in the gentle breeze, all of that good stuff. The calm acoustic guitar, sleepy vocals, and the soft synths all convey that atmosphere very well and sound great. While this song's atmosphere is very strong, aside from that, it doesn't have all that much going for it. As such, I could see it being a bit boring or dull if I'm not in the right mood for it. That's doesn't mean I disliked the song or anything; I actually quite liked it, and in a different round, this probably would have ranked somewhat higher.

8th Place: Sacul
If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest

This was, unfortunately, the one song this round I could never quite warm up to. It has a decently strong atmosphere to it, and the guitar work is quite strong, with the effects and layering creating a pretty good sound. I think the main problem I have with this song is its pacing. The track doesn't really feel like it has enough elements or variety to warrant it being eight and a half minutes long, and I found it a bit boring and monotonous as a result. Another issue is the dynamics; there isn't really any buildup or significant changes to it. Yeah, some sections are definitely louder than others, but the loud sections are so common that they don't feel all that powerful. This especially hurts the climax of the song. Since it's not any louder or that different sounding than the rest of the song, it feels a bit weak. I definitely liked certain elements of this song, but as a whole it doesn't really hold my interest.

Artists banned this round: Foals

THE SCORE SO FAR:
Evermind: 43
Scorpion: 43
senecadawg2: 42
mikemangioy: 40
Shadow Ninja 2.0: 40
Dr. DTVT: 36
Sacul: 35
Lucien: 33

Evermind is still tied in first place with someone, except now it's Scorpion instead of mikemangioy! In addition, senecadawg looks to be making a comeback. Only two rounds left, so those in the back better step it up!

Round 7 is an OPEN round. Send whatever you like.
BUDDYHUNTER | Debut Demo Out Now! FREE DOWNLOAD: https://buddyhunter.bandcamp.com/

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2015, 08:29:04 PM »
Excellent- just what I needed.

I'm going to think on this next one for a bit before sending...
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2015, 09:10:05 PM »
I guess I just prefer my post-rock without endless, boring buildups  :lol

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2015, 09:28:29 PM »
i could never really enjoy Mono's two albums last year much
the only song off Rays of Darkness I like is the first track, the second one just does nothing and goes nowhere, the third has the awful growls in the last third, the fourth is just guitar feedback  :facepalm:
and The Last Dawn just feels like retreading the same ground they did for the last two albums, which I was already a little tired of after For My Parents. Hymn to the Immortal Wind will always be classic for me though, fantastic post-rock album omg

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2015, 09:39:17 PM »
Hymn to the Immortal Wind is a good album - the last track is fucking fantastic whereas the rest ranks from meh to ok.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2015, 09:47:40 PM »
you are saying Ashes In The Snow isn't the best friggin' song on the album with that comment :<
(Everlasting Life is probably second best tho true)

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2015, 10:06:16 PM »
Hoped to be one or two places higher in this round, but this will do. Now to pick something for the open round...
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2015, 11:14:00 PM »
you are saying Ashes In The Snow isn't the best friggin' song on the album with that comment :<
(Everlasting Life is probably second best tho true)
It'd be way better if the ending didn't drag for damn too long.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2015, 02:38:35 PM »
Sorry, the work got in the way again. Will send something in 24 hours from now on.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »
um did I send anything? I feel like I did but I don't see a post from myself that indicates that this is the case.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2015, 02:42:20 PM »
Uh yeah. Did I send?
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2015, 02:58:31 PM »
I don't recall sending something for thus round, damnit. Will send asap.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »
I've gotten submissions from:
Shadow Ninja 2.0 (first one as always)
senecadawg2
mikemangioy

I was about to bump the thread in case people had forgotten a new round started. :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2015, 06:15:40 PM »
s0nt

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2015, 08:59:37 AM »
Sent.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2015, 04:00:14 PM »
Sent

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2015, 11:37:27 PM »
I hope everybody has sent  ;D

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2015, 04:59:59 PM »
Everyone has as of yesterday, I wouldn't expect results until the weekend though, unfortunately.
Thankfully there's only one more round after this one!

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2015, 12:45:43 AM »
hey it is the weekend where are results haha

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2015, 07:33:40 AM »
Going to do some more listening today, results should be up tomorrow.

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2015, 09:45:48 AM »
Rankings for this round are pretty much finalized. Again, sorry the results have been taking so long. Here's a little something to hold you over until then...

CONTESTANT SONG RANKINGS:

senecadawg2
1: Kauan - Aiden Laulu
2: Foals - Spanish Sahara
3: Headspace - Invasion
4: ???
5: Wayfarer - Children Of The Iron Age
6: Mazzy Star - Fade Into You
7: Addaura - City Light

Sacul
1: David Maxim Micic - Smile
2: Destiny Potato - Love Song
3: ???
4: Nine Inch Nails - Heresy
5: Refused - New Noise
6: If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest
7: Dead Can Dance - Children Of The Sun

Evermind
1: IQ - The Road Of Bones
2: Phideaux - Micro Softdeathstar
3: David Gilmour - Where We Start
5: Beyond The Bridge - The Call
6: Galahad - Empires Never Last
7: Need - Symmetrape

Scorpion
1: Alkaloid - Cthulhu
2: MONO - Surrender
3: SikTh - Tupelo
4: Kalmah - Rust Never Sleeps
5: ???
6: Persefone - Kusanagi
7: Portishead - Glory Box

mikemangioy
1: Nevermore - I, Voyager
2: Alter Bridge - The Uninvited
3: Destrage - My Green Neighbor
4: The Mars Volta - Son Et Lumiere / Intertiatic E.S.P.
5: Frost* - Hyperventilate
6: Foo Fighters - Still
7: ???

Shadow Ninja 2.0
1: Beach House - Myth
2: ???
3: Polkadot Cadaver - Last Call In Jonestown
4: Second Person - Spilt Milk
5: Mirrorthrone - So Frail
6: The Dillinger Escape Plan - Prancer
7: Justin Cross - Drink The Water

Lucien
1: Blue Man Group - Klein Mandelbrot
2: Haken - Darkest Light
3: Duran Duran - Ordinary World
5: Igor Stravinski - The Rite Of Spring: Sacrificial Dance
6: Beethoven - Symphony #5, Movement IV
7: Mad King Corduroy - Ice Fields

Dr. DTVT
1: Amorphis - Silent Waters
2: Enslaved - Clouds
3: ???
4: Evergrey - The Aftermath
5: Ice Age - Perpetual Child
6: Dan Swano - Patchworks
7: Sigh - Graveward

Something I've been a bit curious about is how my song rankings for you line up with your own. Somewhat accurate? Completely ass-backwards? I guess it could be a good way to measure how close or different our music tastes are. :lol

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2015, 10:24:45 AM »
Nice! Now, if I could recall what the hell I sent...  :lol

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »
god damnit
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2015, 11:56:26 AM »
rip mike

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2015, 12:17:44 PM »
GUYS I REMEMBER WHAT SONG I SENT THIS EVENT IS TOTALLY UNPRECEDENTED FOR ME I AM SO HAPPY

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2015, 03:13:43 PM »
Apparently I sucked. Probably should've sent the song I've sent in Bolsters roulette.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »
You guys are funny. Submitting something that ends up being in the middle of your rankings doesn't mean it sucked, especially if the surrounding songs did well in their rounds. :lol

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2015, 05:06:24 PM »
You guys are funny. Submitting something that ends up being in the middle of your rankings doesn't mean it sucked, especially if the surrounding songs did well in their rounds. :lol

doesn't apply to me
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Buddyhunter1

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Observe The Train
Re: Buddyhunter1's Roulette II: Electric Boogaloo - FINAL ROUND
« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2015, 08:31:48 PM »
Surprise! You guys have been waiting long enough, so I did the write-ups today instead of tomorrow. Again, sorry this one took so long.

---ROUND 7 RESULTS---

1st Place: Shadow Ninja 2.0
Celldweller - Birthright

This song instantly reminded me of Pendulum the first time I heard it, and that's definitely a good thing. I really enjoy electronic music when it's done right… the problem is, Pendulum is pretty much the only electronic artist I've discovered that I think is really good. After listening to this, however, I might have to add one more to that list. Like Pendulum, I'd classify this as electronic rock; while the instrumentation is electronic, the composition and song structure is more rock-based, which is pretty much the best of both worlds for me. It starts out with a really kickass bass riff and an awesome buildup in the first minute. The verses in this song are really damn good; they've got a great beat and vocal melodies, and even some cinematic-sounding strings in the background that sound great. Speaking of strings, the symphonic-sounding choruses feel a bit out-of place, but they're interesting and still pretty good; they just aren't my favorite part of the song or anything. The section after the second chorus is great as well, with some great distorted guitar that really showcases the song's great blending of rock and electronic elements. This was a really good song, and I definitely plan on checking out this album eventually, as I'm very happy to find more great electronic rock. Thank you for sending. :)

2nd Place: Scorpion
The Oracle - The Sorcerer

First thing's first; the quiet sections in this song are evil as fuck. The dark atmosphere is incredibly strong and consuming, with creepy-sounding guitars, whispers, and ambient noises that create a hellish, unsettling soundscape. These sections are done so well that the heavy sections feel quite ordinary and lacking by comparison. That doesn't mean they're bad or anything, in fact they're quite good. It's just that if they were as dark and powerful as the quiet sections, this song would be absolutely amazing. As they are though, they've got some great riffs and some very headbang-able rhythms. While they're heavy, they're also quite melodic for the black metal-esque sound, and they have some surprisingly good guitar solos as well. Overall, this song has some amazing parts and some parts that are just good, so that averages out to a pretty great song overall. Could have been better, but still very enjoyable.

3rd Place: Evermind
Pain Of Salvation - Beyond The Pale

Pain Of Salvation. I've obviously heard of these guys before and I see them being praised on here all of the time, and yes, I have heard some of their stuff before; just nothing I really enjoyed. I got Road Salt One as a gift a while back, and Sisters was the only song on that album I liked at all. Last roulette, I got sent Never Learn To Fly, which wasn't that good. That said, I'm aware that nothing above is that representative of their sound as a whole, so my opinion on them is still a relatively blank slate, and this song was pretty solid. Sound-wise it fits in quite well with the more classic-sounding prog metal bands like Dream Theater, but this song has a slightly unsettling vibe to it that helps give it a somewhat more interesting sound. It also has some really memorable progressions and melodies; the keyboard melody a minute and a half in and just before the first chorus is particularly great. The song clocks in at just under ten minutes long, and overall it's very cohesive and has a good flow; the first few minutes in particular have a really fantastic buildup. On the more negative side, I don't really like the heavy section in the middle with the sort-of-growls, and I think the second half of the song could have maybe introduced more new elements and musical motifs, rather than just exclusively reprising sections from the first half. That doesn't really bother me; it just makes the second half a bit less interesting than the first. While this song didn't amaze me or anything, it's definitely the best thing I've heard from these guys yet, and I can now see why they're so popular around here.

4th Place: Sacul
Chimp Spanner - Under One Sky

Instrumentals are usually at a disadvantage for me, but this song was very good. It's surprisingly atmospheric; very bright and floaty. It conjures up some vivid mental images, especially during the calmer sections. The synths and lead guitar are very well done, with great melodies and sounds. The low rhythm guitar is actually my biggest problem with the song. It has a weird tone to it, and something about its place in the mix just sounds off to me; I don't think it works very well with the other instruments. It doesn't ruin the song for me or anything, but this song's strength definitely lies in the other instruments. As a whole though, this song has a good amount of energy, great melodies, and a strong atmosphere, so it definitely gets a thumbs up from me.

5th Place: Dr. DTVT
Orphaned Land - Birth Of The Three (The Unification)

This is a prog metal piece with a really strong middle-eastern influence, which gives it a pretty unique and interesting sound. While the song has a good intro, the first half of the track didn't do all that much for me. Thankfully, the song greatly improves halfway through when the tempo changes and the energy really picks up, and from that point on it's pretty great. The driving tempo and the Iron Maiden-esque guitar melodies and harmonies are really nice, and the section towards the end with the wordless vocals (or it could just be a different language) is pretty cool. The growls feel a bit out of place with the instrumentation, but it's not a huge issue. As I said before, this song starts out a bit lackluster and gets a lot better halfway through. If it were a bit more consistent in quality it probably would have ranked higher, but I definitely enjoyed it regardless.

6th Place: senecadawg2
Native Construct - Mute

I think the greatest strength of this song is definitely its symphonic and classical elements. The orchestra in the intro creates a really huge sound, and it feels like the other instruments are backing the orchestra up, not the other way around. It also really feels like this song's composition was greatly influenced by classical music, not just because it has an orchestra, but more because of the melodies and chord progressions just reminding me a lot of classical pieces. This gives it a strong atmosphere, especially during the fantastic orchestral section four minutes in. On the more negative side though, this song definitely suffers from a weird flow and lack of focus. The song jumps around way too much in the first half, and some of the more weird, proggy sections like the part two minutes in and the very end don't sound that good to me. As such, I didn't find myself enjoying this song as much as I would have liked. It's got some great elements, for sure, but as a whole I'm not too crazy about it.

7th Place: Lucien
Radiohead - Optimistic

I don't have a whole lot to say about this one, but I liked it. The main chord progression and vocal melodies are pretty memorable and enjoyable, and the tones and effects of the layered guitars create a really interesting, experimental sound. I also really like the outro, even though it's only like twenty seconds and the song is basically over at that point. This song gets a thumbs up from me in the sound department, which isn't too surprising since Radiohead, from what I've heard of them, seems to be very good at making experimental, unique-sounding music. Composition-wise, though, this song was just okay. There's nothing really bad about it, but nothing that great either. It's just kinda there.

8th Place: mikemangioy
Evile - In Dreams Of Terror

This song is, unfortunately, the first submission I've gotten from you this whole roulette that I just didn't like. Judging from this song, this band just seems like a worse version of pre-Black Album Metallica. There's nothing special or unique about the generic thrash metal sound, and the instrumentation and composition just feels pretty bland. The riffs are also pretty basic and unmemorable, for the most part. There were a few parts of the song I thought were okay, namely the intro and the section after the second chorus with the lead guitar arpeggios. The rest is just subpar, and the beginning of that guitar solo almost feels like a parody of wanky metal soloing. I hardly ever feel like listening to Metallica any more, so a less-good version of them has pretty much zero appeal to me. Sorry dude.

Artists banned this round: Celldweller

THE SCORE SO FAR:
Scorpion: 52
Evermind: 51
Shadow Ninja 2.0: 50
senecadawg2: 47
mikemangioy: 43
Dr. DTVT: 42
Sacul: 42
Lucien: 37

Scorpion is now in the lead, but just barely! Evermind is still hanging out near the top, and Shadow Ninja's third top-ranking song has landed him a spot in the top three! That said, things aren't over quite yet, as it's finally time for...

THE FINAL ROUND

The final round is going to be another open round. You can send me whatever you like, but there are two things about this round that make it special:

1: I'm extending the maximum length of submissions to 20 minutes. If there's some song you wanted to send me but it was too long, now you might have the opportunity. Nobody took advantage of this the first roulette, but I'm having the option again in case anyone wants to send me something epic.

2: This round will be worth more points than the other rounds. If you're a bit behind, this is your last opportunity to send something absolutely fantastic and win the roulette! The points awarded for this round are as follows:

1st place: 16 points
2nd place: 14.4 points
3rd place: 12.8 points
4th place: 11.2 points
5th place: 9.6 points
6th place: 7.9 points
7th place: 6.3 points
8th place: 4.7 points

If you're wondering why those numbers are so weird, I put decimals in so ties in the final rankings will be impossible. There can only be one winner, after all. And with the extra points, anyone (except Lucien, sorry) could still potentially win!

Good luck to all of you.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2015, 08:38:11 PM »
Optimistic is one of my least favorites on Kid A  :lol
And Beyond The Pale is a great Pain of Salvation choice  :heart

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2015, 08:51:36 PM »
sent. Though for reason dumbass reason I labeled the PM "round 3". :lol  I really dunno what I was thinking there.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2015, 08:55:01 PM »
Nice! Yeah the guitar tone might be a bit strange, but I guess it's because it's djent. Didn't know you liked Pendulum - I now have a great electronic song for ya.