Author Topic: THE HUB - Coming Back To Life  (Read 3228 times)

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
THE HUB - Coming Back To Life
« on: June 11, 2015, 07:27:56 AM »
How about some quality Floyd? ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVxnNNGjubg

Hey Folks!

We are in a position now that we can turn The Hub back on!!!!!  :) ;D :o

We can have it back online as early as Monday, June 15, 2015 and we'd really like to!

We're in the process of setting up shop again, and after some trial and error with our current internet provider, have had to switch to a business class account due to their unrealistic data cap of 120GB a month... (as many of you know, I work on the internet, and exceeded this monthly allotment in less than 10 days!!)

In the past, the users of The Hub have paid the monthly hosting costs to keep us up and running, and unfortunately that is something that will have to continue under the current structure of the site and hub.

So here's the deal : PayPal your donations to the email address : donations@dreamtheaterhub.com and let's get this beast up and running again!

The DreamTheaterHub Staff
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline wizard of Thought

Re: THE HUB - Coming Back To Life
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »
So, that`s some great news!  ;D

But, are the donations are purely on a voluntary basis, isn`t it? I mean, I would donate some money sometimes, but I don`t have that much, so I don`t have to necessarily pay each month, do I?

Offline Grizz

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 01:55:20 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. Users voluntarily donate and, as long as the Hub is at quota at the start of each month, operation continues. All users are expected, but not required, to donate, although this can change if the same couple users are continually the only donors.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline de_fromage

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 03:30:53 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. Users voluntarily donate and, as long as the Hub is at quota at the start of each month, operation continues. All users are expected, but not required, to donate, although this can change if the same couple users are continually the only donors.

Anyone knows what the quota will be?

Currently unemployed  :(
Ringo is one of my top 5 Beatles.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »
I've seen donations usually ranging between 5 and 25$.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Grizz

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 01:23:32 AM »
The average user donates that amount every few months. The monthly quota was $50, though internet complications may cause Weymo to raise that.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline Grizz

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 10:13:07 PM »

inb4 weymo

Offline de_fromage

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 02:03:19 AM »
This is amazing, it's back!!!

Now I need to get a bigger HDD to increase my share. Got lots of new shows this last year
Ringo is one of my top 5 Beatles.

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 04:04:41 AM »
inb4 weymo

That used to mean something else at one time :)
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline twanky

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 03:33:02 PM »
Yeah... best get my HD plugged in again. Got a few shows since it was last alive  :tup
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 08:09:39 AM »
I've signed up to the forum. I might not be able to do too much, as my 1TB HDD is dead, but I'm getting a new one soon, so I'll be sure to give you guys some boots and donate to you guys as soon as I can!