Author Topic: Sense8 Thread  (Read 8148 times)

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Sense8 Thread
« on: June 07, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »
Anyone watching this one? I'm about five episodes in and am totally hooked. The premise they are slowly establishing looks good for a multiple season viewer mindfuck for sure.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Re: Sense8 Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 11:16:00 AM »
I wasn't totally sold by the first episode, but they earned my respect by using both a song from The Antlers and Sigur Ros, so I kept going, and I enjoyed the second episode more. Seems like they've definitely got an interesting premise, so we'll see how it turns out.

Online abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »
I've been waiting for this ever since it was announced. So glad to see J. Michael Straczynski back to TV (in a way). Honestly, I couldn't care less about the Wachovskis (and I loved Cloud Atlas). I don't know if it's them or someone else in charge but the camera work and the time lapse scene seems annoying at times. Too...obvious/brute? It works great for more action oriented shooting but here it felt forced but this is just from watching one episode. I'm mostly in for his writing and I hope we get to see the huge payoffs that we were fortunate enough to have in Babylon 5.

After watching 6 episodes I am loving this, it's so damn good. And the guy who picked the songs is awesome (Cowboys From Hell makes a cameo).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 10:16:54 PM by abydos »

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 11:22:36 PM »
Yeah, I finished ep 5 today, and I totally agree. Shit just really hits the fan at four, and that ending is just a brilliant use of music in television, the way the song ties the 8 together is just stunning.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 02:08:50 AM »
Been thinking about getting a Netflix account so maybe this is the show that will tempt me. Most reviews I've read have said first episode was pretty meh but a few episodes later the show has got really good.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 10:46:02 PM »
The show definitely continues to improve; the ending of episode 4 is amazing.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 07:26:05 AM »
The Wachowski's definitely need to go small again. Bound was their smallest budget and is one of their best movies.

They need to get out of the shadow of " THE MATRIX CREATORS " and try to get a name for themselves as writers or directors in TV.

Because - as silly as Jupiter Ascending is - it's well directed and looks great.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 07:29:06 AM »
I'll be honest, I've been avoiding this because of the Wachowski involvement - they seem to have lost their way.

But I may give it a shot.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 01:46:11 PM »
It's not bad. The characters are very likeable.

Just don't watch it with your kids or your parents.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 03:40:29 PM »
It's not bad. The characters are very likeable.

Just don't watch it with your kids or your parents.

Ahhh, the floppy dildo scene, gotta love it  :biggrin:

The show definitely continues to improve; the ending of episode 4 is amazing.

Yup, one of those rare television moments that is near perfect.

Online abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
I'd love to see a compilation of videos on Youtube showing multiple people watching the orgy at the same time. The awkwardness will probably be better than those watching the Red Wedding. I watched the entire thing and I'm in love with it. The characters are all so fleshed out and it's refreshing to not have one or two main characters. Everyone is the main one at certain times and then becomes a support character for someone else. I think that's part of why they all look so human, unlike many tv characters. You can pretty much relate to or empathize with everyone, which doesn't happen often to me. It just tells a good human story wrapped around a premise that is interesting and allows for cool and hilarious things to happen.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 08:41:51 AM »
Just finished ep. 6.  Absolutely LOVE this show!  I had to force myself to stop until my wife gets home Tuesday, then I can re-watch the first 6 with her.  I think she will really dig the show.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 12:49:02 PM »
Decided to get Netflix and have watched the first 4 episodes. Slow build, but I'm really liking it!

I be am boner inducing.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 02:09:47 PM »
Primed to watch ep. 10 to 12 after work tonight, with a big ass pizza and a few sodas. I fucking love life.

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 05:37:04 AM »
Even though it's incredibly well made just like the entire show watching the premiere is hard work. But I trusted in JMS and the Wachowskis and it just gets better with every episode. Looking forward to watching the final three.

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 08:05:50 AM »
I finished watching this about 2 weeks ago. It's slow and I like that since the show has to introduce us to a lot of different characters but what really gets me about the show is the artistic part, how they use the music, the sounds, the colors, it just blows my mind.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 10:40:13 AM »
It seems right up my ally but for some reason I'm just not that into it. I watched the first five episodes a while back so clearly I like it but...it lost my interest around that time, which seems to be when a lot of you thought it got awesome so perhaps it's not completely for me. I love the concept, I love the direction and the visuals, but it's the story that loses me. I'm just not invested in the characters. Then again, a lot of shit started happening in my life when I was watching it so I wasn't exactly paying attention. I'm definitely going to rewatch it from the beginning, I just don't know when.

But I gotta say, this does bode very well for Netflix originals. I thought the concept was going to fall flat (kinda like Hulu originals...lil late on that one) but they've got something special here. I should've known with House Of Cards, but I really don't like that show all that much anymore unless season 3 REALLY changes shit up and goes back to the style and substance of S1. I digress. If this show stays good and keeps it up, I'll rewatch, but there's nothing worse than really getting into a show and then watch it slowly degrade. Nothing worse.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 08:40:01 AM »
Watched the first three episodes of this last night....wow....it's really compelling but at the same time my brain hurts from trying to piece it all together. Judging from what I've read in this thread it's worth it and the next couple episodes will tie them together even more....but man, talk about a mind exercise even up to this point.

Very good actors...very good production.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 08:19:32 AM »
Only three episodes to go....probably knock them out tonight. Really neat show. It's very easy to connect with these characters.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 10:14:14 AM »
I really love this show. Probably my favorite Netflix-created show at the moment.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2016, 11:02:25 PM »
Just finished the first season...Wow. Very glad to have stumbled upon that.

Curious as to how Will is going to be useful going forward now that Whispers is in his head? Seems like a pretty big obstacle. Still can't quite figure out Jonas....that's a perfectly cast role. Did a quick online search and it looks like Season 2 might come out in August of this year? No real official release date I could see

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 05:44:38 AM »

Curious as to how Will is going to be useful going forward now that Whispers is in his head? Seems like a pretty big obstacle. Still can't quite figure out Jonas....that's a perfectly cast role. Did a quick online search and it looks like Season 2 might come out in August of this year? No real official release date I could see

I read it was supposed to be coming out in 2017 but that they'll be able to release it earlier. Apparently they actually shoot in all the different cities the characters live in so it takes lots of time and travel to get everything done.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 07:38:47 AM »

I read it was supposed to be coming out in 2017 but that they'll be able to release it earlier. Apparently they actually shoot in all the different cities the characters live in so it takes lots of time and travel to get everything done.

This was the most recent thing I could find in a quick search....it implies this August?

https://www.parentherald.com/articles/24279/20160301/sense8-season-2-release-date-updates-netflix-show-to-have-more-intense-and-action-packed-scenes-spoilers.htm

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 12:46:43 PM »
This other article says that production will begin in March this year and the release date may be delayed until 2017. Also, IMDB has it listed as 2017...

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/sense8-season-two-delayed-filming-begins-march-2016/

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 02:19:21 PM »
This other article says that production will begin in March this year and the release date may be delayed until 2017. Also, IMDB has it listed as 2017...

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/sense8-season-two-delayed-filming-begins-march-2016/

I trust yours more, and frankly.....I'll take it whenever as long as it's just as good as the first season. What a treat to have run across this past weekend.

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2017, 08:46:35 AM »
I'm late to the party, but at least I made it! This show is terrific. It's honestly not like anything I've ever watched. Maybe it's just the emotions that I feel when I watch it that makes it feel that way. There's a certain magic, to me, about the interaction of the Sense8s. I'm at a point in my life where I see a world full of people and wonder what makes us different from each other. The scenes where the Sense8s interact are just very powerful to me. It makes my soul happy to think about the possibilities out there for human connection. I've got the S1 finale and the special holiday episode left. I can't wait for season 2!

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2017, 08:50:05 AM »
I'm late to the party, but at least I made it! This show is terrific. It's honestly not like anything I've ever watched. Maybe it's just the emotions that I feel when I watch it that makes it feel that way. There's a certain magic, to me, about the interaction of the Sense8s. I'm at a point in my life where I see a world full of people and wonder what makes us different from each other. The scenes where the Sense8s interact are just very powerful to me. It makes my soul happy to think about the possibilities out there for human connection. I've got the S1 finale and the special holiday episode left. I can't wait for season 2!

Holiday show is cool...they do a good job re-introducing all the characters after such a long break in the show and laying the groundwork for season 2. It is a really neat show.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2017, 02:07:38 PM »
Yeah I got into this show finally. Really cool stuff and other than a few nitpicky things, the show is mostly awesome. I gotta say though that the holiday special felt pretty flat to me. Granted, I know it was just a segue into S2, but I was a little bored with it; it dragged on way too long, I think I paused it like two or three times to see when it was gonna end. But I'm still excited to see what S2 brings.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2017, 08:00:47 AM »
Apparently Season 2 will be coming out in May :caffeine:

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2017, 09:48:39 AM »
Apparently Season 2 will be coming out in May :caffeine:

Great! More binge watching

Offline Shooters1221

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 06:03:08 AM »
Finally got a chance to watch of season 1 +1. I am really digging it so far and looking forward to May and season 2.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 06:16:50 AM »
M. Night Shyamalan has switched to doing small budget movies that make a lot of money and apparently The Visit & Split are actually really good.

The Wachowski  bro....sis...?...people..... Should try doing this.

Make a sci fi movie for $10m. They're really good directors and storytellers. It's just that they try to cram in too much philosophy or whatever and their scripts aren't always the best...

Jupiter Ascending looked great but the plot was just comically bad.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 07:46:58 AM »
Not kept up with what the Wackowskis have been doing in movies, but Sense8 is really good. I imagine it's their main project at the moment.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 07:49:40 AM »
I think they just need collaborators to balance out their weaknesses. Some of their best stuff has been made with other people, i.e., Cloud Atlas with Tom Twyker, Sense8 with J Michael Strazynski (dunno how to spell that and am too lazy to look it up).

On their own I think they tend to get a bit carried away.

Online abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2017, 03:47:17 AM »
Season 2 is upon us and I'm halfway through it and it's fucking awesome. This is probably my favourite show right now.