Author Topic: The Comedians  (Read 910 times)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
The Comedians
« on: June 04, 2015, 07:32:42 PM »
Anyone else catch this show on FX? It stars Billy Crystal and Josh Gad as themselves and part of a fake comedy duo. It's very much in the vein of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  I've only caught a couple of episodes, but its brilliantly written and absolutely hysterical.  I forget sometimes how much Crystal is pure comedic genius. Probably his best role since Soap. Anyone else?
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Comedians
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 07:57:20 PM »
Anyone else catch this show on FX? It stars Billy Crystal and Josh Gad as themselves and part of a fake comedy duo. It's very much in the vein of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  I've only caught a couple of episodes, but its brilliantly written and absolutely hysterical.  I forget sometimes how much Crystal is pure comedic genius. Probably his best role since Soap. Anyone else?

Nope...but it sounds like something I'm going to search out and take a look at.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »
Just finished catching up on this show. WAYYYY better than I thought it was going to be. Easily the funniest new show in a long time. Billy and Josh have great chemistry. Can't wait until next season!

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 06:40:16 AM »
Just read this got canceled. Kind of surprised honestly but I guess no one else watched. I found it to be hilarious.