Author Topic: The Great Discord thread  (Read 5315 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: The Great Discord thread
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
The new record is really, really good. I am very happy that they moved away from djent a bit, and embraced a more moody metal sound. I enjoy djent, but it gets repetitive at times.

The interesting thing I saw, from a business perspective, is that it wasn't released on Metal Blade. I guess Metal Blade dropped them, and they went with an indie label. That is a shame, because I see absolutely no promotion for the album. Despite how good the band and the album is, I don't see The Great Discord making it in the industry unless they get some label backing and a much bigger promotional push.

>:(
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 09:31:37 AM »
I received The Great Discord's new disc over the weekend, but I still haven't listened yet as I've been so mesmerized by The Contorionist's new album.  Shame on me.

The Great Discord would be perfect for something like a ProgPower.  Hopefully they get invited to appear there at some point.  It would really help their exposure.

An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2017, 12:20:31 PM »

The Great Discord would be perfect for something like a ProgPower.  Hopefully they get invited to appear there at some point.  It would really help their exposure.

It would. I am surprised a label like Inside Out hasn't approached them either...
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2018, 11:09:21 AM »
I've been sinking my teeth the past week or two into their latest album, The Rabbit Hole.  I did buy it when it came out, but unfortunately it ended up taking a backseat to the releases from Caligula's Horse and The Contortionist, both of which I adored.  I really like The Rabbit Hole, and it's artwork is super cool too.  I'm not sure if I like it more than Duende, but it's close.  I still find myself having the same problem with the vocalist though -- I love the sound of her voice, but it's difficult for me to understand what she is saying in spots.  I'm not sure if it's the vocal reverb they use or her style of singing, or both.  But anyway, "Neon Dreaming," "Cadence" and "Persona" are three highlights for me right now.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what this band does next!  :)   
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:20:27 AM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline JLa

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2018, 06:41:16 AM »
Stumbled upon this band on Spotify here the other day. Been blasting "Noire" and "Omen" since. Absolutely excellent groove, and those vocals!  :o

Damn you Sweden for having all the good bands.

Offline millahh

• Retired Pedantic Bastard
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2019, 10:46:52 AM »
New single!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLVtpCcyfLw

Like the best TGD, I'm torn between wanting to dance joyfully and run through a brick wall.
Quote from: parallax
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2019, 08:20:07 AM »
I'm on my second listen through the new EP, Afterbirth.  Without spoiling anything, that is perhaps the most disturbing end to an album that I've encountered. 
WHEN WILL YOU ADRESS MY MONKEY ARGUMENT???? NEVER???? THAT\' WHAT I FIGURED.:lol

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2019, 09:23:15 AM »
I'm on my second listen through the new EP, Afterbirth.  Without spoiling anything, that is perhaps the most disturbing end to an album that I've encountered.

Where can we buy it? Its not on amazon. And I wasn't going to buy the LP from Sweden. Is it available digitally somewhere?

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2019, 09:26:32 AM »

Where can we buy it? Its not on amazon. And I wasn't going to buy the LP from Sweden. Is it available digitally somewhere?

I got it digitally off Amazon

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2019, 09:29:51 AM »

?????

REALLY?

I've been checking for days, including this morning. WIll check again.

EDIT - Boom. There it is. THank you. WEIRD how it didn't show up at first.

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2019, 09:36:50 AM »

?????

REALLY?

I've been checking for days, including this morning. WIll check again.

EDIT - Boom. There it is. THank you. WEIRD how it didn't show up at first.

Yeah, it showed up as an option under streaming, but mp3 wasn't an option from the top level. 

Offline me7

• Disciple of the Cockroach
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2019, 10:49:56 AM »
I bought it from Bandcamp, still waiting for a download link though  :azn:

Offline millahh

• Moderator Emeritus
  • RIP Mark
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2020, 07:09:08 AM »
Announcement!

Things have changed in the TGD camp! Firstly, we are happy and proud to reveal that Victor Edström has joined the band on a permanent basis! Help us in giving Victor a warm welcome! For those of you who have been vigilant, Victor is not a new face in the TGD camp, as he as stepped in and helped out live on more than a few occasions. Just look at him, what a guy.

Secondly, we are sad to announce that André and Gustav have decided to depart from TGD. Life happens, priorities change, and sometimes paths simply diverge. We have nothing but fond memories and warm feelings towards each other, being the amazing people that they are. As some of you know, Gustav is in another band called pg.lost, who will be releasing a new album shortly, check it out! Also, we urge you to follow Andrés musical endeavours, go and follow his electronic project on Instagram, @afraidofeveryone.

We are, for the time being, continuing on with the band as a four piece with Victor.

This being said, we feel it’s only prudent to give some sort of update on what else is going on in the TGD camp. We are, as you know, creating a new album, and a few things are a little different this time. We are aiming higher than ever before in terms of songs, videos and, when possible, shows. We have decided to go DIY in releasing the album. This is obviously a little scary and a bit more time and resource-consuming, but we feel confident in our ability to create and present our best work by ourselves. We do however ask for a little patience. Next year is going to be a fun one for us, and hopefully, for all of you who have followed us for a long time. We’d be happy to have you along for the ride.

Huge amounts of love, and we can’t wait to show you the next chapter. Stay vigilant!

/Fia, Aksel, Rasmus and Victor - The Great Discord 2.0

This may not change THAT much...Aksel and Fia do most of the writing, Aksel is an excellent guitar player (and in fact does guitar & vox in his death metal project, Gasher) and so can play in the studio when needed. They'll need another guitar for playing live, but that is a ways out, between still working on the new album, Fia being a relatively new mom, and the plague.