Author Topic: Milan, Italy October 29, 2005 2 DVD 2 Camera Mix Remaster information needed  (Read 3067 times)

Offline fates theater

I tried to upload dreamrafa's remastered version of the above show and Dime took exception to it because a source "might" be from youtube. I know that one of the sources was the 5.43 GB show "PAL mini-DV master > Panasonic DMR-HS2". I do not know the other source or the new audio source that was used. The fact they banned the show is a real head scratcher considering the only reason I did upload it was because someone just uploaded the 5.43 GB version compressed to fit on one disc. Had they banned that show, I would have never seen it to even consider the upload.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
I have known Rafa for years, and I can tell you that the last thing he will ever do is include youtube-source footage in one of his multicam mixes.

If you want you can upload it here, I'm sure it will be well appreciated. It was in my opinion one of the top 3 performances of the Octavarium tour, and I would recommend it to anyone interested in Dream Theater bootlegs as an essential piece to everyone's collection.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Gyovanne

I have the three versions of the bootleg:

2005-10-29 - Forum Assago, Milan, Italy (AUD-SHOT) [01DVD] [FRONTAL CAM - VERSION 01]
2005-10-29 - Forum Assago, Milan, Italy (AUD-SHOT) [02DVDs] [FRONTAL CAM - VERSION 02]
2005-10-29 - Forum Assago, Milan, Italy (AUD-SHOT) [02DVDs] [02CAM MIX - DREAMRAFA REMASTER VERSION - VERSION 03]

And what can I say about the version 02 Cam mix from Dreamrafa is as follows: He used the source from version 02 - 01 Cam 02DVDs, it would be referring to Camera in the center position. The other source of this version 02Cam is: Cam Left Side, currently has no  bootleg in circulation (not that I know). This second source does not seem in any way removed from Youtube. The great confusion regarding this bootleg is in Version 01 of this bootleg, it would be a compression from Version 02, with much loss of quality. This is the reason for the ban of this bootleg - 02 Cam Version.

If you want an advice from a friend, just do not uploading of bootlegs DT from Dimeadozen.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:09:31 AM by Gyovanne »

Offline fates theater

I have the three versions of the bootleg:

2005-10-29 - Forum Assago, Milan, Italy (AUD-SHOT) [01DVD] [FRONTAL CAM - VERSION 01]
2005-10-29 - Forum Assago, Milan, Italy (AUD-SHOT) [02DVDs] [FRONTAL CAM - VERSION 02]
2005-10-29 - Forum Assago, Milan, Italy (AUD-SHOT) [02DVDs] [02CAM MIX - DREAMRAFA REMASTER VERSION - VERSION 03]

And what can I say about the version 02 Cam mix from Dreamrafa is as follows: He used the source from version 02 - 01 Cam 02DVDs, it would be referring to Camera in the center position. The other source of this version 02Cam is: Cam Left Side, currently has no  bootleg in circulation (not that I know). This second source does not seem in any way removed from Youtube. The great confusion regarding this bootleg is in Version 01 of this bootleg, it would be a compression from Version 02, with much loss of quality. This is the reason for the ban of this bootleg - 02 Cam Version.

If you want an advice from a friend, just do not uploading of bootlegs DT from Dimeadozen.

I guess what is so upsetting is the fact that the lossy version is allowed while the clean version is banned. I would guess when Rafael's upload was banned, that led to him leaving Dime. I was unaware of it being banned there as it does not show up in any searches. I have refrained from uploading and Dream Theater since they have released so many partial shows the last few years. I have no idea what is allowed anymore and I am assuming the list on this forum is outdated as well. I do plan on joining the hub once again when it reopens, I just need to clean up some things and organize my folders a little more. If a seeder is needed for the Jam upload let me know and I will jump on it.

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
When this torrent was banned from Dime Dreamrafa re posted the torrent on jamtothis.com, below is what he posted with the new torrent which may explain a bit more.

Not much to say about this, outstanding show, great setlist, and great video and audio quality. This is my own 2 cam mix, audio is also upgraded with a proper recording, i selected the best shots from each source, youll get
a very nice and enjoyable video footage. Edition done in Sony vegas and authoring done in tmpegenc dvd author.

Ive got both master sources DVDs via snail mail trade.

This was banned on dime because i used Sony Vegas for edition (even when there are a lot of multicam edited in sony vegas, only mine was banned), IMO its the most idiotic ban in the world... So dont upload this to dime, if you do, you could mention you just got this in a trade and dont know the lineage, so they will allow the torrent (yes, dime's mods are that dumb...)

Anyway, i will be uploading all my masters and multicam projects here from now on...

Also, hope you enjoy this release, more to come!. PLease do not convert it to lossy format, or worst, DONT UPLOAD IT TO YOUTUBE!, Youtube compression damage bootlegs so much, im in some kind of campaigne against it, or at
least im trying to explain people why they should aprecciate Master sources, and not settle with youtube shitty video quality. There are many many great audience recordings done lately, but master sources are lost forever after
people upload to youtube and delete the masters, its so painfull.

I have a huge collection of uncirculated bootlegs, im interested in any DT bootleg i dont have, so bring them on!, for every new DT video bootleg uploaded to jamtothis i will upload one of my uncirculated Remaster. Also you can
Contact me for my list and trade, dreamrafa@gmail.com

Offline dreamrafa

Yes thats my remaster... And you cant upload it to dime... Its actually easier to upload an actual youtube sourced there, than this... I really dont know how mods there check for "youtube source", oficial answer was "you cant use sony vegas to edit multicamera shows because the program reencode the video"... 

The really frustrating thing was that dimeadozen was mined of youtube sourced shit at that time, i tried to report many youtube sourced shows and the mods never removed the torrents (i guess they are still there...)...

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:26:32 PM by dreamrafa »

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
When has "receencoding the video" become a capital sin?

Good to see you again, Rafa! It's been the longest time! ;)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline fates theater

Yes thats my remaster... And you cant upload it to dime... Its actually easier to upload an actual youtube sourced there, than this... I really dont know how mods there check for "youtube source", oficial answer was "you cant use sony vegas to edit multicamera shows because the program reencode the video"... 

The really frustrating thing was that dimeadozen was mined of youtube sourced shit at that time, i tried to report many youtube sourced shows and the mods never removed the torrents (i guess they are still there...)...

I was going to try to accommodate the mods until I read your account of things on JTT. It was clear from that post that nothing I provided would allow the ban lifting of the show. As I stated in my first post, I only uploaded it to offset the compressed show that was uploaded. For those interested in the show, it is still live on JamToThis. 

https://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?p=226764