Author Topic: Who are the most dislikable rock stars?  (Read 4816 times)

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
Re: Who are the most dislikable rock stars?
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2015, 12:21:31 AM »
Does Kanye count as a rock star?  He's pretty awful.
He's a pretty mixed bag it seems. He tends to embarrass himself on the media front, but when it comes to fan encounters I've heard basically nothing but positive things. People usually saying he was super nice to them and seemed genuinely interested in speaking with them.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2015, 12:24:27 AM »
Kanye feels a real affinity with fans who love him - they have so much common ground to talk about  :)
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2015, 12:42:59 PM »
Has anyone ever stopped listening to a favorite band of theirs strictly because it came to light how much of a jerk one of the members are?

As well as oversaturation,  Axl certainly put me off G'n'R.
I coped with Yngwie being a prick for many years but when the music went downhill too I bailed. And reading the As Above So Below biog he is a total arse of the highest magnitude.
As a huge KISS fan I don't mind Gene $immons at all.

I remember seeing Deep Purple when JLT  was singing. I was on the front row and all I could hear was Blackmore's guitar. I remember Lord speaking to Glover who approached Ritchie obviously telling him to turn his guitar down. He just turned it up louder. I don;t think they lasted very long after that.

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2015, 05:59:22 PM »
I guess I will call out the usual offenders:

Dave Mustaine
Ted Nugent
Lars Ulrich
Geoff Tate
Axl Rose
All of Motley except for Mick Mars

A name I haven't seen in here yet that I really feel deserves mention is Andrew Eldritch of the Sisters of Mercy.  Anyone who knows anything about the history of SoM knows he was (and most likely still is) a real asshole.

I'm somewhat on the fence about Blackie Lawless of WASP.  He definitely doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut, and he's not too far behind Mustaine in the tinfoil hat conspiracy territory, but I don't thinks he's quite on the level of most mentioned in this thread.

Yngwie's pretty bad, but I don't think he's quite as dis-likable as most mentioned here.   Plus I've had way too many laughs at his expense thanks to adam02.   :D

I actually don't think Gene Simmons is anywhere near as bad as most make him out to be.  Yeah, his whole Heavy Metal Gordon Gekko image has become rather grating, but he's quite gracious and amenable to KISS fans.  And I can't really say I hold anything against him (or Paul for that matter), for ousting Peter and Ace (Ace is a bit of an egomaniac himself and while Peter can be nice, he's also a bit...... nuts)