Author Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road - 99% rating on Rotten Tomatoes  (Read 9777 times)

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - 99% rating on Rotten Tomatoes
« Reply #105 on: March 03, 2016, 04:39:08 PM »
My buddies and I were joking that because Mad Max had shut out The Force Awakens from receiving any awards, that Disney is scraping Star Wars land for a Mad Max Land.

BREAKING: Due to the amounts of wins at the Oscars, Disney has decided to scrap Star Wars land to create a mad future for Disney's Hollywood Studios. We proudly announce "Mad Max: An Apocalyptic World." We are pleased to announce a high speed coaster, "The Interceptor", where you are on a chase with Max Rockatanzky as he escapes Immortal Joe's War Boys! Enjoy a thrilling stunt show featuring the music of Tina Turner, "Beyond Thunderdome!" Also, join us for refreshments at Immortan's Citadel for a nice fresh glass of Mother's Milk!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2016, 04:43:23 PM »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2016, 11:59:04 AM »
With all this talk about Mad Max and how great it is, I guess I should rewatch it again, maybe when it will be summertime and it's gonna be hot like in the desert.

I liked the movie, I enjoyed it and it was good fun, but... in a sense it was the same fun I had as a kid when I was laying on my bed playing with my toys, my robots and my mini cars... C'mon, it's 2 hours of cars exploding in the end. A bit like Pacific Rim, it's a 200 million dollars budget version of what I was doing when I was 7 or 8, making weird noises with my mouth simulating the battles between my robots.

Since so many people (Oscar awards included) seem to think much more of it, I guess I'll give it another try sometime in the future!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!