Author Topic: The band wants to hear from YOU: send a message to DT for their 30th anniversary  (Read 144910 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

The band have asked for a thread for YOU to send them your personal messages for their 30th anniversary.

Dream Theater is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year.  Our fans are very special to us!  What message would you like to give the band on this majestic anniversary? Head over to the Dream Theater Forum and leave your anniversary message for the band, and thanks.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
That's awesome!

Congrats to making 30 years of amazing music and keep up the awesome work!  :metal

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Thank you for being the greatest musical inspiration a musician can ever have.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Another_Won

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Attest to the mighty river.Let the truth be heard!
A "majestic" anniversary indeed!

Congrats on 30 great years, quite an accomplishment.  DT has made and continues to make the best music out there! :metal

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
Huge congratulations, guys! That's a big date, it's actually almost unthinkable; I guess most bands are slowing down at this point, but DT are still making quality albums at tight schedule, rocking in full force. 30 years of releasing mostly outstanding, top-notch music is incredibly impressive to say the least.

And also huge thank you for not forgetting some less-attended-by-metal-bands countries with your live shows. See you again at 3rd or July!
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Thanks for so many great musical memories!  Images & Words rocked my world in 1992, and you've been my favorite band ever since (and now, the favorite of my daughters as well)!

Happy 30th Anniversary!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
What an awesome idea!

Many, many congratulations for 30-years of timeless music!  And I wish you (and all of us) many happy returns!

Thank you for the music written, the laughs shared, the tears shed, and the memories made.  I pray that The Lord will continue to shine and shower His Blessings on you five talented men and your families.

Happy Anniversary!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline jammindude

Other than Rush, I have never been so impacted by a band as I have Dream Theater.   Maybe even moreso.   Still the only band that I have travelled out of state (twice!) to see...sometimes on only a wing and a prayer. 

Thank you for the incredible music over the last 30 years.   The J-Dude absolutely abides... 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Stef1

• DTF.org Alumni
For 30 years you have been with me through thick and thin.
Not only the timeless music but the thoughtful, emotional lyrics.
"The Spirit Carries On", and "Take Away My Pain" have so much meaning for me.
8th September 2010, a big day?
MP leaves Dream Theater.
I have major coronary heart attack and "died" twice while on the operating table having emergency operation.
Both instances where life changing.
Would I be normal again, and would Dream Theater persevere through this major change?
I am pleased to announce both have survived and are now stronger than ever.
Due to this date I feel forever linked with the band.
So thank you for all the  pleasure you have given me for 30 years, and here's to many more. 
Thanks you John P, John M, James, Jordan, Mike M, Mike P, Kevin, Derek and Charlie.

Offline YtseJamittaja

• Yub Nub
  • DTF.org Alumni
Happy 30th anniversary to DT, the most important band in the universe for me and my musical influences. DT opened my eyes to music world when I was 11 years old and I haven't regret a second. DT is like a fat chocolate cake after long hard gym session or your favourite team winning world championships, just cannot resist loving it.

Thank you John, John, James, Jordan, Mike, Mike, Kevin, Derek and Charlie for the amazing journey. This has been awesome and hopefully there will still be many years and albums to come. I love you.  :heart

:mangini: :CJS: :JP: :ninja: :rudess:
Do you even whahíbrido pickingant?

M Y  L A S T. F M  P R O F I L E

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
In 1992 I was looking for something Rush like that was a little heavier. Images & Words came out and I was hooked.  The first time I saw the band live was in 1993 in a R.I. amusement park and I've seen ever tour but Train Of Thought. Thank you and congratulations on 30 years!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
I don't really like Dream Theater that much, but I had an internet connection and a forum, so what the fuck

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't really like Dream Theater that much, but I had an internet connection and a forum, so what the fuck

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Enalya

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary, guys! I have so much respect for you staying together for so long as a strong team and in a friendly way. While producing the most magnificent music. I was hooked after Score, my mouth hung open for the entire show. I'd never seen such high skill, let alone on every front. Every member is a master in what he does, and I feel like every member stays true to his passions; doesn't get carried away by fame or expectations. That deserves some praise. ;D

All those things add up to the great examples you make to me and every one of the DT fans, I'm sure. I can't wait for the DT music that's still to come :metal

Offline Ad134

30 years, eh?

Well, you know what they say - All the finest wines improve with age!
Congratulations! I'll see you on the road.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
You guys have written some of my favourite music ever, and I will always be thankful for that.

Congratulations on still going strong after all those years, and here's to hopefully many more to come! Looking forward to seeing you guys for the first time in July! :P
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
First time I saw DT was when they opened for Iron Maiden at The Ritz in 1992. Within 30 seconds, I knew I had a new favorite band. Standing at the stage at those early shows at Axis in Boston was mindblowing. The soundtrack to my adult life.

Congrats DT!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TheGreatPretender

• The Second Dancing Turtle
  • You are reading these words.
Happy 30th Anniversary to the guys in the greatest band in the world! As well as anyone who has ever been lucky enough to be a part of the family in the past! Dream Theater has come a long way, and I'm very happy that things don't seem to be slowing down for you guys! Keep the images and words flowing and the train of thought rolling into infinity!  :metal :metal :metal
"How's that for a slice of fried gold?"

Offline took_the_time11

Taking the time to listen to Dream Theater was the greatest decision I ever made. Happy 30th anniversary to my favorite band of all time! To John, John, James, Jordan and  the Mikes,  you're my inspiration and may you rock till the end of all time. Shout out to all other forms members too.
I know the Aries Code & I enjoy the right to date.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
Thank you for being one of the biggest inspirations in my life. My life changed when I discovered you in Junior High and it was one of the best things that ever could have happened to me.

Can't wait for the next Decade of Dream Theater!
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline The Holy Tune

Been a fan for only 4 years, but I can say I've listened to everything I could get a hand on that you beautiful people have created over 30 years, and I have to say I like them all not picking one over another. I love you guys and all the music you create, so keep on rocking and making that amazing music.

Really hope to see you people again in Turkey as soon as possible, and let's all have a blasting 30th year anniversary! :metal :metal

Offline McNugg

• Lurker Extraordinaire
Happy anniversary!  Keep on doing whatever the hell comes to your mind and don't change for anybody  :metal  :metal  :metal

Oh and James, I don't know how your voice keeps on getting stronger each tour, but keep on doing whatever your doing :D  Love it!!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
James: Forklifts Across North America!

Offline davzdrummer

In behalf of your FILIPINO FANS around the world, I would like to greet you a HAPPY 30TH ANNIVERSARY.  Thank you for all the great and inspiring music you have shared to us.

I had the chance to talk to the band, JP specifically, on my first meet & greet experience.  I asked him when will they go to the Philippines and he replied, "Maybe someday."  Well, I really hope that "someday" will be included in this 30th Anniversary tour.  We have been waiting for you guys to play here in our country. ;)

Cheers to another 30!  :metal
8th of September 2010

''My name is Mike; I hit things for a living.'' ~ MM

Offline EV539

Hey! Happy 30th Anniversary guys! Thanks for you music and for changing my life forever.  :hefdaddy I've been a fan for a long, long time. Thanks for all the joy, the Bootlegs, DVD's, CD's and everything with your name on it. And specially for being my company in every single day for the last 17 years.  :metal I hope to see more Live DVD's, more Christmas gifts like the 2013 one for the fans and of course more music and more D.T. Tours! Here's for 30 more!  :tup Congratulations guys. Thank you. (:

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Thank you for emptying my wallet for the past 23 years and especially for making it worth every penny! Some of the greatest memories of my life have your music as the soundtrack. I'm really looking forward to what comes next. :metal

Congratulations on your 30th anniversary!
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Spiderman_00

Haven't been on here in forever :D

Dream Theater has helped me through so many journeys on my life. I remember when I first heard of them on Headbangers Ball. I was blown away...Got the CD and Cassette tape of Images and Words...even more amazed. Saw them in Seattle as KISW Rising Stars for $9.99...And was hooked. Seen them numerous times...Made friends with alot of people from the forums...I remember who I was dating by when the cds came out. Dream Theater has been a integral part of my life since 1991.

Thank you for the music...the memories and for the friends I have made through your music.

Offline Amoniz

Thank you for inspiring us with your amazing music and words.
Here's to another round of majesty: "this one will last forever"   :metal

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Congrats on an amazing and brilliant 30 years.  Thank you for the consistent and amazing music that has changed my life since I discovered the brilliance of DT over 15 years ago. 

DT has gotten me through some tough times and always been an inspiration and comfort.  Been a very big part of my life and will continue for some time to come.  Looking forward to many more great years of music.  :metal
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
I love Dream Theater music and look forward to the future! Happy Anniversary boys!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline VincentMDO

For 30 years where have I been? I may been around for just for 1/3 of this period, but it was definitely awesome to accompany every album since Octavarium and been on intense anxiety on every info delivered for new albums, shows on my city, new setlists etc.
Thank you for making that period way more happy! Happy 30th anniversary, DT!
"So would tell him what to do... Would you?"

Offline Frankyboy2112

30 years already :) Have only been a fan for about 1,5 year but I know all thier songs. Petrucci has really raised the bar for what I want to achieve with my guitar playing and has kept inspiring me everytime I listen to a good DT track. Stay awesome and let's hope for many more years!  :metal

Offline GPedrosa

Thank you guys for existing! Dream Theater brings me awesome moments every day. Can't wait to see you again. Last year I travelled 321 miles to watch the band in Recife and was the best day of my life  :biggrin:. More 30 years coming!  :metal

Offline SickMindedSanity

About five or six years ago, I met who is now my boyfriend[Scott] of 4 years. He had introduced me to one hell of a band, his personal favorite, Dream Theater. Right away, I fell in love with "Forsaken" off of Systematic Chaos, and that song helped me through some rough moments. My boyfriend at the time was very manipulative and possessive, and yet he was cheating on me. When I finally cut that relationship off, I had listened to more DT, and it helped me through the pain. Scott and I bonded through our love of metal, and my newfound love for DT. It never seems to fail... If one is mad at the other, and the other puts on "I Walk Beside You," we're happy again, and singing our hearts out to it. Because of him, we've seen DT twice, once of which we were in the front [his life dream, besides meeting them, of course]. Because of DT, I discovered some great music, and a great man to enjoy it with. Thank you for being there through some hard times, in mine, and many other's, lives.

Happy 30th to you, Dream Theater :heart