Author Topic: DarkLord_Lalinc's band Tangerine Circus releases two albums.  (Read 15007 times)

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
Re: DarkLord_Lalinc's band Tangerine Circus releases two albums.
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 02:14:06 PM »
Good for you, man. I'll get to listening to your albums in a few days.

Awesome, thank you! I'll be looking forward to it.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2016, 02:42:14 AM »
https://www.tangerinecircus.com/#!Physical-versions-of-our-albums-will-be-available-shortly/czfb/57733f050cf231749dc9ccb5

:metal
Really excited about this finally coming out (even though I can't pay for it  :\, but it's still cool).
ドリームシアターはあまり好きではありませんが、ペンと紙を持っていたので、なんてこった。

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2016, 07:31:11 AM »
Though as a sidenote, I was wondering why you guys cut Spheres from the album altogether instead of just slightly editing down its length. From memory, The Conspiracy Chronicles is only 10 seconds over the 80-minute mark, so I was kinda confused on that...

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2016, 10:40:29 PM »
Awesome! Thank you for noticing!

Here's why: There was a problem with the official copies of the album and they didn't allow us to exceed the 80-minute mark, so we decided to take out Spheres (which, to all of us in the band, felt kinda out of place in the context of the album). I think that without that tune, the album flows much better and is much easier to listen to (81 minutes is quite a lot of music to digest in one sitting for most folks lol).

On a brighter note, thanks to that we're offering a free lossless download of Spheres in our website, www.tangerinecircus.com as a 'b-side' of the record!
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »
Hello, everyone! i know lots of you have heard and liked what my project, Tangerine Circus, has to offer (and I'm very grateful for that!); and well, as a matter of fact we just released our first ever official lyric video for one of the songs and I hope you guys will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhXLzkOwfNU
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2017, 05:49:23 PM »
[deleted due to copy/pasting into the wrong thread :facepalm:  Sorry, all]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:38:48 PM by DragonAttack »
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2017, 06:00:56 PM »
Nice to read posts from 'before my time'.

As to 'too quick of fade outs':  The Beatles 'Fool on the Hill'.  I mean, wow.

As to long/short/long songs not working:  I don't know, 'Yours Is No Disgrace/The Clap/Starship Trooper'  is one of many examples where I would disagree.

As to bonus tracks at the end of a CD:  put 10-15 seconds of silence after the album proper.  When I make cdrs, I have place that amount of silence at the end of EVERY one of them.  The reason:  car stereos instantly go back to track one when a CD is finished.  It gives me time to eject them, rather than being jolted from a long fade out of an album to an instant crashing of the first song.

I wish some band's (ie The Beatles) bonus material WAS included on CDs.  For 'Revolver', every copy I've made has 'Paperback Writer' and 'Rain included at the end.  They were part of the era, released months before the album.   The silence before the songs gives me and those who receive these copies the option of listening to them or stopping.

But, I digress.  Moving on.....

The second worst:  greatest hits albums that just butcher the original versions.  The list is too long for a single post (geez, I smell a new thread coming from someone...)

The worst:  extended remixes.  Queen was just horrible at this.  Gawd knows who the hell was creating these things, as they are mostly 'sit at the desk and reloop' piles of crap ('You Don't Fool Me' sixteen versions, anyone?0 

There are a handful of band/solo tracks that might have been better on their LPs
band:   'A Hard Life', 'Hammer To Fall', and to some extent, 'Breakthru'.  And, oddly, 'I Want To Break Free'.  The 45 version is longer than the album version.  How many bands did that?

Freddie- 'Made In Heaven' and 'Love Me Like There's No Tomorrow'.  I mean, damn, those versions should have been on his dreadful 'Mr. Bad Guy' instead of the album versions.

'Barcelona' (ext)......if you like the album version, you will love this.  It isn't a lot more, but it still feels 'new' on every listen.

the bad:  all the other extended versions/remixes they did.  Instead of an extra Brian or Roger solo that didn't fit onto the LP due to time restraints or being to 'wild', they were mostly 'relooped' crap.  I wasted way too much money back in the day to get these 'rarities'.

I think ur on the wrong thread m8  :hat

Offline DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2017, 12:39:45 PM »
^
finally fixed.  Sorry.  Too many hours, and I copied/pasted erroneously :facepalm:

Very odd, though, as I only check this subject 1-2x a month.  Still, no excuse. :-[
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2017, 12:41:39 PM »
Feel free to check out Tangerine Circus' music, given the mistake  :lol
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 07:07:55 AM »
https://www.tangerinecircus.com/single-post/2017/08/25/The-band-is-done-with-the-new-album
Well, this was certainly a nice surprise coming back to your website. Can't wait  :corn

Side-note: Re-listened to the two albums the other day with the tracks interspersed to make one double album. It was honestly way better than I remembered & especially w/ the enhanced length, it was quite a memorable experience to say the least.  :hefdaddy :metal

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »
https://www.tangerinecircus.com/single-post/2017/08/25/The-band-is-done-with-the-new-album
Well, this was certainly a nice surprise coming back to your website. Can't wait  :corn

:woot:

Still listen to The Conspiracy Chronicles rather regularly.  Fantastic album.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2017, 02:41:32 AM »

Side-note: Re-listened to the two albums the other day with the tracks interspersed to make one double album. It was honestly way better than I remembered & especially w/ the enhanced length, it was quite a memorable experience to say the least.  :hefdaddy :metal

:woot:

Still listen to The Conspiracy Chronicles rather regularly.  Fantastic album.

Thank you so much for this! And I'm so sorry for the super late response. I'm so glad that you guys still enjoy our debut material, which I think is very special and has a lot of heart. I promise you folks that you're gonna love the new material.  :metal
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2017, 08:58:29 AM »
Hey, everyone! I know some of you good folks follow my band Tangerine Circus's work, so here's some cool news: we just officially announced our third album, 'A Brief Encounter With Myself!

The track list is as follows:

1. I Am Me, Pt. 1 (Birth) (3:16)
2. My Parents’ House (8:05)
3. Imaginary Friends (8:54)
4. The Gazing Mirror (5:18)
5. I Am Me, Pt. II (Despoiled) (3:25)
6. Hypersensitivity (4:44)
7. We Should Never Grow Up (6:17)
8. The Lingering Phantasms (6:54)
9. A Brief Encounter With Myself (19:09)
I. Being No One (4:52)
II. A Thousand Faces (3:40)
III. Starring Eyes (3:02)
IV. Transcend (4:14)
V. I Am Me, Pt. III (Percipient) (3:19)

MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2017, 09:05:56 AM »
As you saw on FB, I'm all over this like a cougar on a wounded chicken.  Very much looking forward to it.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2017, 10:12:26 AM »
As you saw on FB, I'm all over this like a cougar on a wounded chicken.  Very much looking forward to it.
And for that and more you're the best, buddy   :heart
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2017, 08:04:01 PM »
Oh hell ye :woot:

Song titles are pretty interesting. The concept seems pretty clear but I wonder what musical direction this'll take. Needless to say I'm looking forward.  :tup

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2017, 01:33:49 AM »
Interesting. Will definetaly give it a spin when it drops.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2017, 11:12:50 AM »
Oh hell ye :woot:

Song titles are pretty interesting. The concept seems pretty clear but I wonder what musical direction this'll take. Needless to say I'm looking forward.  :tup

Awesome! We're releasing the first single in the first week of January, so you guys are getting some new tunes pretty soon!

Interesting. Will definetaly give it a spin when it drops.

Thank you for your interest!!
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2018, 01:16:14 PM »
Rejoice, my good friends! Here's some brand new Tangerine Circus music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCR6Sqvl774

Let me know if you like it!
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2018, 07:42:13 PM »
Alright, I gave it some time before I posted here because I wanted to formulate my thoughts better, so here you go.
- LOVE the opening guitar(?) tone. It reminds me a bit of Disappear, but I think it works really well with the calmness of the rest of the intro & it sets the song up greatly. I don't think the heavier tone is as good, but it still serves its purpose well within the song.
- Verses are pretty interesting. It's 5/8, which I think is generally pretty common, but I don't think I've heard a whole vocal section structured around it. It's pretty cool & gives it its own character - especially in verse 2 when the melody is directly on each beat. Love that part.  :tup
- I like how catchy you managed to make the chorus while still having proper buildup & not having it take the whole focus of the song. I find that a lot of songs can't quite get the balance between a fully chorus-centric song & a buildup-centric song with no payoff. This nailed it in my opinion.
- The instrumental section is pretty good, but I was honestly more interested in the bass during the ambient section. I think the bass is one of the more interesting parts of this band (speaking as a totally-not-biased bass player myself  :biggrin:). Between this & The Wings, these are some of my favourites of his playing imo.
- That said, I do really enjoy how instead of coming to a big climax with a final chorus, it instead makes the song's climax within the instrumental section & has the payoff that way. It makes the solo feel a lot more effective since it directly influences the buildup rather than just being an interlude between choruses.

Overall, I really enjoyed the song & I'm as hyped as ever about the full album coming out next month.  :tup :metal

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2018, 12:20:57 AM »
OMG, that’s an incredible review of that tune. Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and write your thoughts down! I greatly appreciate it! You’ll get to listen to the whole thing in less than a month.  :D
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2018, 02:01:58 AM »
No problem  :tup

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2018, 02:31:16 AM »
So, now the day is coming closer & I just realised something. Why the decision to release the album on a Thursday? Is the music release day different where you're from?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2018, 03:48:21 AM »
Cool song. My favorite part was probably the guitar solo. Very Pink Floyd-ish, which gave it a nice feel.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2018, 11:50:35 AM »
So, now the day is coming closer & I just realised something. Why the decision to release the album on a Thursday? Is the music release day different where you're from?
It was a tough call to make because we're having a big concert on the 3rd of February, so we needed to album out by then and couldn't make it happen earlier.

Cool song. My favorite part was probably the guitar solo. Very Pink Floyd-ish, which gave it a nice feel.
Thank you so much for listening!
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2018, 09:23:11 PM »
It was a tough call to make because we're having a big concert on the 3rd of February, so we needed to album out by then and couldn't make it happen earlier.

Oh, ok. Well, if it means we get the album a day earlier I'm fine with that.  :tup

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2018, 07:33:37 PM »
Release day! :woot:

I listened through the album earlier this morning, & although my reactions were generally positive, there were quite a few moments where I wasn't quite sure how to interpret it. Hypersensetivity has a weird groove going on & Lingering Phantasms is a lot heavier than anything else I've heard from the band. Gazing Mirror is definitely a highlight, & I like how it blends the softer & the heavier elements together to form its own mini-epic. The title track is another favourite, & I like how (despite it being split up into sections) it feels less like a collection of parts & more like one whole experience. It almost reminds me more of The Memory Delusion than it does The Wings or The Conspiracy.

Overall I really enjoyed the first listen, but I think it's going to take a few listens before I form a solid opinion on it, not that I'm complaining or anything.  :tup

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2018, 04:27:10 AM »
Thank you so much for checking it out! This is definitely an album that goes out of the comfort zone for us in so many levels, and think you were just witness of that! Your reviews are very insightful, and it makes me extremely happy someone is taking the time to actually listen and reflect on this music.

I hope you keep enjoying it! Make sure to post here any further comments or highlights you find throughout!
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2018, 04:40:03 AM »
Gonna be listening to this on the train ride in this morning.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2018, 04:57:04 AM »
I AM EXCITE

I'm looking forward to know your thoughts on this.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2018, 04:58:32 AM »
By the way, if any of you good folks are interested in the physical CD version (with album booklet and everything), let me know so I can arrange the shipping.
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline IDontNotDoThings

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2018, 05:42:40 AM »
So, on the second listen now & I've noticed how much I've been loving Side 2.

Lingering Phantasms is truly epic in every sense of the word, so much so that at one point I was listening to the album in the background & thought it was the title track.  :lol There's one part in particular (can't remember which) that specifically gives me the same feeling as the "but you just threw your life away" part in The Path That Divides. It just exemplifies the whole concept of the album & makes it feel that much more satisfying as a whole experience.

We Should Never Grow Up is also a great song, & I especially like the outro & how much it builds from a slow & introspective song to an epic (I've been using that word a lot  :lol) powerful anthem. It works really well. I also notice (in this song in particular) there's a lot more focus on melody on this album. I don't know if that was intentional, but I think it really works well considering the whole theme of the album.

Currently on the title track & loving it so far. The structure kinda reminds me of ACOS, where it has a few main vocal sections with instrumental sections as segues, & I think that adds onto what I said about it feeling more like one unified song than a series of sections.

Also, (& I'd hate to end this off with such a nitpick), but uhh...

*staring  :\

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2018, 05:48:41 AM »

Also, (& I'd hate to end this off with such a nitpick), but uhh...

*staring  :\
Holy shit, just noticed. Hadn't noticed before. I'll send e-mails to have this corrected ASAP. Thank you! lol
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2018, 06:29:11 AM »
By the way, if any of you good folks are interested in the physical CD version (with album booklet and everything), let me know so I can arrange the shipping.

I'll be hitting you up on FB by the end of the weekend.

I got a full listen in (while doing some reading as well).  That's a lot to digest, but I dig it.  More proggy than metal compared to TCC or Urania.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2018, 09:34:51 PM »
It is! I think this is the most diverse we've ever been musically (and we of course think that's a good thing!)

I hope you enjoyed it, my friend
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
The Darklord is amazing