Author Topic: United States of Tara  (Read 860 times)

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
United States of Tara
« on: May 11, 2015, 06:12:11 AM »
Has anyone heard of this show. My girlfriend has has begging me to watch it for a few months now and I finally gave in. We're through 8 episodes and it really isn't all that bad. It's about a family with a mother who has multiple personalities. I don't really know how to describe it, but things trigger her brain to just assume these other characters and her episodes can go on for hours at a time.

Anyone ever watch it?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
Re: United States of Tara
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 07:09:13 AM »
Update. Watched 10 more episodes of this last night. I'm offically sold. I'm amazed at how good it's gotten. The show took some time (9 episodes) to really grab me, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I'm really enjoying it.

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 03:13:54 AM »
I loved this show, over a year since I saw the finale. Great premise, great writing and acting from all the cast.  :smiley:

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 07:34:12 AM »
Wrapped this show up over the weekend. What an awesome last couple of episodes. I'm still amazed how much I enjoyed these three seasons. Eddie Izzard was fantastic in it.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 01:48:42 PM »
I've heard about this show but haven't seen it yet. Does sound up my alley for sure. Just out of curiosity, does it go into any detail about Dissociative Identity Disorder and how she ends up with multiple personalities?
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 01:58:04 PM »
I've heard about this show but haven't seen it yet. Does sound up my alley for sure. Just out of curiosity, does it go into any detail about Dissociative Identity Disorder and how she ends up with multiple personalities?

Yes and no. You hear a lot about the disease but never get an outright explanation of how she ends up with it. Basically all you find out is her back story (which might technically be the explanation) and that the disease started showing its true colors once she got to college. However, by learning about her back story and seeing how the show wraps up, you can totally deduce why the disease has the effect on her that it does, and why each alter was integral to her current position in life.