Author Topic: Woman uses pizza order to escape US hostage situation  (Read 948 times)

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Woman uses pizza order to escape US hostage situation
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:25:26 PM »
"Employees at the Pizza Hut in the city of Avon Park noticed Cheryl Treadway's call for help in the comment section of the order."

Not a lot of info, but there's a video (which I can't watch) which probably has a bit more detail.

Link!

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Woman uses pizza order to escape US hostage situation
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 10:07:37 AM »
Glad it worked out for her. I wonder how many employees would have regarded that as a joke.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 10:17:02 AM »
It's hard to say.  Some people would be really conscientious about it and call 911 just in case it's real, but I'm guessing that most employees basically ignore the "Comments" section anyway.  I've ordered pizza online before and given specific instructions in the Comments box, only to have them completely ignored.

But the article said that she's a regular customer and they recognized the name/address, so they took it seriously.  That's cool.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »
I wonder if they still stuck her for the "convenience" fee.

I honestly didn't know that pizza places charged those now. What is it, for online ordering or something? Does that count as a delivery fee, which the drivers don't see?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 11:04:13 AM »
I think it's for using the online thing.  It's easier for the customer, but translates to a greater pain in the ass for the employees if the online ordering isn't integrated into their in-store order system.  Someone has to go through the online orders and write them up as though they were called in or placed in person.  When do you do that when the phones are ringing and there's a line of customers?  If you have to have another person working just to deal with that, the "convenience fee" covers that.