Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 11478 times)

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
Re: Rick and Morty
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »
Season 3 premiere's on right now if you want to watch. Took me by surprise.

Pleasant April Fool's surprise for Adult Swim this year. XD
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2017, 06:31:15 PM »
Too bad I don't have satellite or cable...I'd be scwaunching that shit.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2017, 06:55:19 PM »
Too bad I don't have satellite or cable...I'd be scwaunching that shit.

I am watching it on their website

https://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2017, 06:57:58 PM »
That final rant was so hilarious that I almost threw up laughing.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2017, 07:13:27 PM »
Me too, that was incredible. The whole episode was just utterly incredible

I would laugh so hard if this blew up enough that mcdonalds brought back the sauce
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:24:19 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2017, 07:54:44 PM »
Yeah watched it on adult swim. Pretty good episode.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man

Offline jasc15

• TTAL: Yeti welcome
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2017, 03:12:06 PM »
I caught this show randomly while channel surfing at someone else's house.  The channel info said family guy, so i put it on.  I'm not sure yet which episode it was (a whole bunch of Rick imposters), but I found it hilarious and witty, and was pleased to find it was on Hulu.  Im on S1E8 or S1E9 or so.  Great stuff.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2017, 04:44:38 PM »
The new VR game looks pretty cool. Its short, but captures the show perfectly

and also, I need a new episode bad

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2017, 06:17:38 AM »
Season 3 episode 2 is out.  It was great

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
Yup, continues to be one of the absolute best shows on TV.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2017, 09:43:04 PM »
It was awesome, although I slightly dislike that show is becoming Rick and Morty AND Summer. The show is titled Rick and Morty. It should stay that way, or else why make that the title in the first place?

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2017, 10:00:06 PM »
It was awesome, although I slightly dislike that show is becoming Rick and Morty AND Summer. The show is titled Rick and Morty. It should stay that way, or else why make that the title in the first place?

It's a welcome change imo. The supporting characters were (with a few expections here and there like the boring deer saving stuff) great for the past two seasons and I'm happy Summer gets more of a role. It adds something to the duality of Rick and Morty.

Based on what you said, in House MD he should have just worked alone. Why didn't they call it "House MD's team" huh?  :lol

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »

I mean.....should the show only be two people? Were you mad when The Fresh Prince had big roles for other characters?

The characters are all great. If the show was ONLY wacky adventures of Rick and Morty, it'd get old. It really needs those other characters and their emotional arcs.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2017, 05:37:43 AM »
Oh, man, i wish this was a netflix production so I can binge it! Now I'll have to wait even longer before I watch it :\

Offline masterthes

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2017, 09:07:23 AM »

It's a welcome change imo. The supporting characters were (with a few expections here and there like the boring deer saving stuff) great for the past two seasons and I'm happy Summer gets more of a role. It adds something to the duality of Rick and Morty.

Based on what you said, in House MD he should have just worked alone. Why didn't they call it "House MD's team" huh?  :lol
Touche. point well taken

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2017, 10:31:01 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't all that impressed with the two latest episodes. They're ok and they're growing on me. But, so far, season 3 isn't hitting me like the first two seasons. Perhaps that's the idea. I just haven't been able to get into it, I guess, as easily as the other seasons. But, that may change. :)
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2017, 12:15:20 PM »
I found them much better than some episodes from the previous seasons. Anatomy Park comes to mind. Can't stand that episode.

Offline sfam2112

• "Oops!" Insurance Salesman
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2017, 02:23:36 PM »
True. Anatomy Park isn't one of my favorites, but it has a few moments I like ("Pearl Harbor!"). The ones I don't care for are the Interdimensional Cable episodes. I read that they won't be doing one this season.
My music:
https://soundcloud.com/tommybrittmusic

"I love to rock. I love to rock hard. I love hard rockin'! I LIKE TO ROCK!! I LOVE TO ROCK!!!!" - Colin Mochrie

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »
True. Anatomy Park isn't one of my favorites, but it has a few moments I like ("Pearl Harbor!"). The ones I don't care for are the Interdimensional Cable episodes. I read that they won't be doing one this season.

The first one is meh - okay. The second one I actually really liked, the penis subplot was pretty funny.

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »

The first one is meh - okay. The second one I actually really liked, the penis subplot was pretty funny.

"How did I get here?"
"How did she get there?"

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »
I think one of my favorite episodes would be with Scary terry and him saying Bitch every 30 seconds  :lol

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2017, 01:56:55 PM »
I think one of my favorite episodes would be with Scary terry and him saying Bitch every 30 seconds  :lol

Inception joke episodes are always funny in every show.  :lol

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2017, 12:03:01 AM »
Those rat takedowns were absolutely brutal.  :|

Offline Ben_Jamin

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2017, 10:15:51 AM »
Guess I'll have to wait to watch it. Or luckily catch it on tv somehow.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2017, 05:01:22 PM »
pickle rick was freakin hilarious. The part where it turned into die hard  :lol

Offline jakepriest

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2017, 05:44:50 PM »
Another really good episode. Best of the season so far!

Online soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2017, 01:26:30 AM »
So based on this thread (cheers guys) I started this show over the weekend and binged the first series entirely and watched the first episode of the second series - it's a really great show.   I must confess after the first episode I was kind off torn, I liked the episode, but Rick dribbling was tough for me - it's one of those things that just makes me shudder.   Thankfully although it still happens it's doesn't seem as bad as that first episode,  anyway I can live with it.   Highlights were Mr Meeseeks, fantastic stuff.

So yeah this is a great show, funny and really inventive.   Whats the story behind the two year gap between series 2 & 3?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2017, 07:12:54 AM »
Drunk Rick and Isreal...

Didn't see that one coming  :rollin

Another great episode

Offline masterthes

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2017, 07:22:54 AM »
refresh my memory, when was Vindicators 1?

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2017, 07:23:25 AM »
I've watched a couple of episodes and while there are some funny parts, overall I don't think it's as great as others.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2017, 07:35:13 AM »
refresh my memory, when was Vindicators 1?

I was sitting there thinking the same thing. Was there even a Vindicators 1? 

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2017, 09:16:45 AM »
So based on this thread (cheers guys) I started this show over the weekend and binged the first series entirely and watched the first episode of the second series - it's a really great show.   I must confess after the first episode I was kind off torn, I liked the episode, but Rick dribbling was tough for me - it's one of those things that just makes me shudder.   Thankfully although it still happens it's doesn't seem as bad as that first episode,  anyway I can live with it.   Highlights were Mr Meeseeks, fantastic stuff.

So yeah this is a great show, funny and really inventive.   Whats the story behind the two year gap between series 2 & 3?
Just that animation takes a lot of time and the writers took some time to not repeat themselves and start making derivative stuff. So far it's paying off imo.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2017, 12:41:54 AM »
That was a brilliant episode. Just about every line of dialogue was amazing.

The absolute cynicism of everything that happened, I loved it. Also the random Israel bit was hilarious.

Oddly enough, they really got me with the ending. I truly thought he was talking about Morty, despite knowing he couldn't have been.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2017, 09:51:22 AM »
Yeah, looks like the extra time they took paid off as this season has been really good.
Photobucket sucks.

Online ozzy554

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2017, 10:32:34 AM »

Just that animation takes a lot of time and the writers took some time to not repeat themselves and start making derivative stuff. So far it's paying off imo.

Don't forget the occasional days of non-work. Like when Harmon gave Justin the idea to voice Rick while actually drunk. He got so drunk that nothing he recorded that day was usable lol.
Do you read Sutter Cane?