Author Topic: The TAC Roulette- Final Results!!!  (Read 101878 times)

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
Re: The TAC Roulette- There is some EPIC Listening going on!
« Reply #1225 on: September 01, 2015, 01:15:25 PM »
Even if I'll finish last place in this roulette, it means nothing 

:lol

That's good!  :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1226 on: September 01, 2015, 01:19:20 PM »

Hey, I've got to fabricate some excuse for my poor performance. Granted, it sounds a bit arrogant when ripped out of context. :lol

My epic is awesome though. If you found it as plodding as that The Answer song, the blame's on you.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1227 on: September 01, 2015, 01:25:41 PM »
I love you man.  Not in a Winger way but in a headbanging headbutting way.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1228 on: September 01, 2015, 01:40:29 PM »

Hey, I've got to fabricate some excuse for my poor performance. Granted, it sounds a bit arrogant when ripped out of context. :lol

My epic is awesome though. If you found it as plodding as that The Answer song, the blame's on you.

Nothing is as plodding as The Answer!  :lol

I love you man.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vizgKC0MSo4

would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1229 on: September 01, 2015, 01:43:49 PM »
You can have you Bud Piss.....er....I mean Light.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1230 on: September 01, 2015, 01:46:31 PM »
Oh absolutely. Horrible!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1231 on: September 01, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »
the roulette doesn't really end until TAC buys the entire winger discography

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1232 on: September 01, 2015, 02:03:37 PM »

You would likely be my age before that happens!

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
« Reply #1233 on: September 01, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »
then the roulette won't end for a loooong time  :hat

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1234 on: September 01, 2015, 02:07:16 PM »

You would likely be my age before that happens!

So 59 then? :biggrin:

then the roulette won't end for a loooong time  :hat

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1235 on: September 01, 2015, 02:20:55 PM »
First off, I viewed everyone of these songs as a gift. They are all incredible, and I humbly accept each one. My first listen through was spiritual, and my appreciation for you guys really jumped out at me. This round, like the rest of the roulette was an amazing experience.
I know I said I'd send out the CDs to the winner, but you know what...I'm keeping them!!! An amazing collection of music.

OK, without further ado..EPIC Results!

Wolfking – Stratovarius – Elysium

I tried pretty hard on Stratovarius many years ago. But I just found them a little cheesy and inconsistant. And Kotipelto was completely annoying. But I haven’t heard anything by them in a very long time. I know Tolkki is gone and their new stuff has been fairly well received. Well after hearing this, I can see why. Real solid tune that got better with each listen. And Kotipelto’s voice has really matured. Love the sound of it actually. The Strats are now officially back on The List.

Kingshmegland – Forgotten Sons – In Harm’s Way

King, you really impressed me with this one. I totally underestimated you in this roulette. Perhaps because you sent your worst song in Round 1. I figured I’d get some progterpiece, but this totally kicks ass! Very heavy, and very strong musicianship, particularly the drummer. The instrumental break is incredible. Well done!

Senecadawg2 – Affector – Harmegedon

Seneca asked if I minded some Christian Metal. Hell no!!! And metal it is. Musically, this was one of my two favorite tracks in this round.  This one rocks the whole way through. Love the vocals and the whole vibe. Most lyrics are pretty much battles between good and bad. So the fact that Christian metal extols the good is not a big deal for me. It’s a message I’m more than comfortable with. Bands like Theocracy, Stryper, and Sacred Warrior are terrific. Add Affector to the list!!

Lonestar – IQ – The Seventh House   

Lonestar, I can see why this is your favorite tune. You feel about IQ as I do about UFO. This is going to be a track that I will definitely be checking back to. I don’t think a handful of listens over the course of a week do this justice. This is one song that you live a lifetime with.

jjrock88 – Rob Rock – The Hour Of Dawn

jj, you crushed this round. Along with Seneca, this was one of my favorites of the round. Rob Rock is someone who I am frankly not that familiar with, but I really like everything I’ve herad from him. And Roy Z!!! Unbeleivable!! He rips all over this, with an extended solo section trading off with the keys that will blow your mind. I’m getting this album! Most likely the first one I buy from this roulette.

Big Hath – Soul Secret – Aftermath

Hath, I had no idea what to expect from you in this round. I’ve never heard Soul Secret. But what this is is a high energy progressive tune that any fan of Dream Theater should love. This completely held my attention the whole way through and was a really refreshing listen. I am definitely interested in hearing more from them. You definitely went out with a bang here!

Evermind – Need – Orvam

Another track that I had no idea what to expect. After a somewhat mellow opening with some great guitar work, it’s very heavy, especially through the first 8 or 9 minutes. Doesn’t really let you up for air, but around the 9 minute mark, it really turns epic like. Lots more keys and flavors flowing through the track from this point on. I wish the first half was as colorful as the second half. Still a very cool tune.

Jingle.boy - Transatlantic – Kaleidoscope

I would’ve been fine with Dimension Act. You told me a NEED this song. I NEED an enema too.

Seriously, I could only get through this twice. It’s too much and while the playing is very good and nice, I had a hard time staying focused on it. Awesome to hear MP though, and I really miss his playing. The vocals on this are pretty bland, and this would be much better live. I think it would have retained some more energy. The two Anathema songs from the last round would’ve likely struggled too had it not been a live round.

b5150 – Stigma IV –Sleep

Where did you come up with this band?? This was a cool song. And YES the singer sounds a ton like Dee Snider (and a little Blackie Lawless).  I liked this quite a bit. Not in love with the chorus, or hearing it so many times, but everything else was great. Because of the Dee Snider sound alike, the vocals really hooked me. This definitely felt like a dig deep track but thanks for sending it!

And the Winner is.........

Final Standings!!

Wolfking-62.0
Senecadawg2-61.5
Lonestar-61.0
Kingshmegland-61.0
jjrock88-60.5
b5150-60.0
Jingle.boy-59.0
Evermind – 59.0
Big Hath-59.0

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1236 on: September 01, 2015, 02:23:59 PM »
I would like to thank Bosk for the Winger Avatar shenanigans, Zydar for the winner's portrait, and Dark Master for adding his two cents in the Savatage round.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1237 on: September 01, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »
woo hoo! Glad you liked it.  Congrats to Wolfking!!

I specifically did not send Dimension Act because I knew Jinglehop wanted to send it.  I rate it roughly on par with with the one I sent.  You should go check it out as well.
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1238 on: September 01, 2015, 02:43:34 PM »
I'm going to. And thank you for playing!

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1239 on: September 01, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »
It was a great roulette.  Lots of fun.  Submissions and results felt like they were going at lightspeed at times!
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1240 on: September 01, 2015, 03:07:07 PM »
So after all the buzz, no one sent Dimension Act? :lol
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The TAC Roulette- Final Results!!!
« Reply #1241 on: September 01, 2015, 04:58:00 PM »
Well done WOLFKIP  :metal 

Thanks Tim and everyone (including Kip) for making this roulette what it was.........."interesting" (to quote Seneca)  :lol

When you get a chance Tim let me know what you thought of the wildcard and other track I sent.  I'm saving up that first band for Kade's roulette , if it happens.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1242 on: September 01, 2015, 05:03:42 PM »
I just thought the other song was a little too short but the quick listen I did give it was cool. I will go back to it. I gave my ears a break today, because they are going to be Maiden assaulted for the foreseeable future!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1243 on: September 01, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »

Came down to the wire but happy t o get the win.  I thought you'd like Elysium.  Some more in that round for me to check out too.  Thanks Tim for letting me be a part of it, and thanks everyone else, this roulette was an absolute hoot!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1244 on: September 01, 2015, 05:17:03 PM »
And thanks for playing. I appreciate it. And thanks for adding your humor to the thread. Great stuff!! You guys all made this special.

I actually thought Seneca was going to catch you for a tie. That is how I viewed it over the weekend because I loved his song. But the Stratovarius really grew on me and it is excellent in its own right. A tie would've been cool and prolonged this a bit, but in the end, I couldn't drop Elysium one whole point below it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1245 on: September 01, 2015, 05:17:34 PM »
Congrats Kade!!!   

Tim, thanks for having me.  You need to get that Forgotten Suns album. It's right up your alley.  So I surprised you eh!!

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1246 on: September 01, 2015, 05:19:21 PM »
Congrats Kade!!!   

Tim, thanks for having me.  You need to get that Forgotten Suns album. It's right up your alley.  So I surprised you eh!!

You really did. I've seen some of your submissions in other roulettes and worried how'd you fare with some of these guys. But after the burp in the first round, you were ON it the rest of the way. And I am definitely getting the Forgotten Sons album. What year is that? Do they have anything else?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1247 on: September 01, 2015, 05:20:54 PM »
This yearticle for the album.  I need to get the rest.  Chad has  them and I do know the change a little bit album to album.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1248 on: September 01, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »
This yearticle for the album.  I need to get the rest.  Chad has  them and I do know the change a little bit album to album.

Wut? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1249 on: September 01, 2015, 05:23:41 PM »
Lol.

This year 2015 for the new album.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1250 on: September 01, 2015, 05:30:11 PM »
And thanks for playing. I appreciate it. And thanks for adding your humor to the thread. Great stuff!! You guys all made this special.

I actually thought Seneca was going to catch you for a tie. That is how I viewed it over the weekend because I loved his song. But the Stratovarius really grew on me and it is excellent in its own right. A tie would've been cool and prolonged this a bit, but in the end, I couldn't drop Elysium one whole point below it.

I was worried when I saw his score for a second, and deservingly so, great song.  But really with this roulette;

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1251 on: September 01, 2015, 05:31:42 PM »
The King always manages to yearticle my funny bone with his awesome wordsmithing.

Looks like I need to get that Rob Rock album - I think it's the only one of his solo albums I don't have.  Can't remember much about any of them (been years) but will check it out.......and a couple of the other  songs above.  I have the Forgotten Sons and enjoy that , same with Strato but never managed to connect with the Soul Secret myself.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1252 on: September 01, 2015, 05:40:47 PM »
The only Rob Rock I have is Garden of Chaos.  Pretty solid metal too.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1253 on: September 01, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »

b5150 – Stigma IV –Sleep

Where did you come up with this band??

Just in my travels  :lol  As I said in my PM I was not 100% convinced on whether to send it as I share some of your reservations on the song - a bit more variety in the chorus would be welcome.  In the end though I almost always favour sending rare stuff that I reckon the host will never discover if not for my submission in the roulette , even if I may have something a bit "safer" that is more well known. 

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1254 on: September 01, 2015, 05:51:19 PM »
The King always manages to yearticle my funny bone with his awesome wordsmithing.

Looks like I need to get that Rob Rock album - I think it's the only one of his solo albums I don't have.  Can't remember much about any of them (been years) but will check it out.......and a couple of the other  songs above.  I have the Forgotten Sons and enjoy that , same with Strato but never managed to connect with the Soul Secret myself.

I'm gonna yearticle all over you Brent.  :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1255 on: September 01, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »
:eyebrows:

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1256 on: September 01, 2015, 06:07:37 PM »
Joe better be careful at work if he ever has to put the word "test" in an email!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1257 on: September 01, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »
Nah, it's the smartphone.   Lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1258 on: September 01, 2015, 06:27:09 PM »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1259 on: September 01, 2015, 06:33:14 PM »
It is. Lol. I need to read before I hit send. I do it all the time.