Author Topic: I HAVE HALF A PIZZA I NEED TO HEAT UP. I NEED HELP  (Read 7425 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: I HAVE HALF A PIZZA I NEED TO HEAT UP. I NEED HELP
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »
Because I am such a fat ass there usually isnt any damn pizza to reheat.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2016, 07:43:24 PM »
Close the thread now. It ain't gettin any better than this.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2016, 07:54:20 PM »
Ive drank like 5 vanilla coke zeros and ate half of a leftover Little Ceasers pizza.

What have you done with your life today?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2016, 08:14:50 PM »
Little Ceasar's?

*vomit*

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »
Ive drank like 5 vanilla coke zeros and ate half of a leftover Little Ceasers pizza.

What have you done with your life today?

You said pizza. Not commercial garbage.

Besides, I can go through a six pack and a whole pie before you're still figuring out how to reheat the damn thing.  :lol

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2016, 08:49:38 PM »
Hey

It was cheap and it was food like.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2016, 09:25:48 PM »
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2016, 09:26:57 PM »
Dont judge.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2016, 09:35:38 PM »
Hey

It was cheap and it was food like.

:lol  I hear ya.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »
How am I just seeing this thread. My pizza reheating is fueled entirely by laziness, so I often just eat the pizza cold. If I do want it hot I use the microwave because it only takes like 45 seconds. Fwiw, I've heard a few different people swear by tick's cast iron skillet method.
Photobucket sucks.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2016, 08:15:12 AM »
Tick's cast iron works great if you keep it very low and very slow. Covered, as well. The important part is to not let the interior of the pizza crack 212°. If you just throw it in there and expect to saute up some pizza you're going to ruin your breakfast.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2016, 08:35:05 AM »
Just dip it in your coffee. Simple.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2016, 08:40:07 AM »
Jay please tell me you have basic food preparation skills :|

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2016, 10:33:35 AM »
Because I am such a fat ass there usually isnt any damn pizza to reheat.
Fair point.  :lol

How am I just seeing this thread. My pizza reheating is fueled entirely by laziness, so I often just eat the pizza cold. If I do want it hot I use the microwave because it only takes like 45 seconds. Fwiw, I've heard a few different people swear by tick's cast iron skillet method.
You know, I've often wondered about this.  I mean, under normal circumstances, leaving a pork product out at room temperature for an extended period, then refrigerating, and then eating cold without reheating sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Yet, we do this with pizza all the time with no ill effects, second thoughts, or regrets.  Why is that?

Oh, and if you go the toaster oven method, don't listen to anything Chino says or you might get confused and use a toaster by mistake.  Use the toaster oven.  Not the toaster.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2016, 10:40:05 AM »
Oh, and if you go the toaster oven method, don't listen to anything Chino says or you might get confused and use a toaster by mistake.  Use the toaster oven.  Not the toaster.

^this

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2016, 11:04:27 AM »
 :lol

It still makes a mess in a toaster oven.  I use a cookie sheet in an oven on low heat and just check until I'm happy with the crust.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »
You know, I've often wondered about this.  I mean, under normal circumstances, leaving a pork product out at room temperature for an extended period, then refrigerating, and then eating cold without reheating sounds like a recipe for disaster.  Yet, we do this with pizza all the time with no ill effects, second thoughts, or regrets.  Why is that?

Yeah, that's a good question. I know for me the one pizza I typically do bother to heat up is a sausage and pesto pie I order sometimes, but that's pretty much just due to me not liking that particular pizza cold versus any kind of health hazard concerns.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2016, 11:06:56 AM »

It still makes a mess in a toaster oven. 

Really?  I have never had a problem.  Just put your slice or slices on a piece of foil, pop them in, and you're done.  Granted, you don't get the bottom of the crust crisped up if it is on foil, but for a quick reheat, it's fine.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2016, 11:11:04 AM »
I have the plate underneath you can pull out but with foil, like you said, it doesn't crisp up the crust like I like it.  I always go with the oven.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2016, 11:52:34 AM »
Most of the pork on pizzas is all salted and cured. That buys you a fair amount of time. I think it's also the case that any critters are dead after their trip through the pizza oven. It might be that it would have to be re-contaminated to be a problem. Just sitting on the counter in an enclosed pizza box seems fairly low-risk.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2016, 12:59:29 AM »
I was kind of curious about that until I saw your post EB, the amount of salt on the sausage would take care of that, and no need to worry about the pepperoni for a while with how overcured the commercial products are.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2016, 03:48:56 PM »

It still makes a mess in a toaster oven.  I use a cookie sheet in an oven on low heat and just check until I'm happy with the crust.

Here we go again....  :biggrin:

For me, there is no wrong way to eat a pizza.  Hot, cold, mild, microwaved, baked, fried, grilled, its all delicious.