Author Topic: Chicago Fire/Chicago PD  (Read 1594 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Chicago Fire/Chicago PD
« on: April 09, 2015, 07:42:17 AM »
Any other fans?

The wife and I are big fans.  Every once in a while I have to roll my eyes, but these shows are fun and intense.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Chicago Fire/Chicago PD
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:02:07 AM »
So, I guess not  :lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 09:29:13 AM »
I actually am a big fan of these shows. I've been trying to catch up though (stupid vacation :P), I'm a few weeks behind. I love the way they incoporate each other in the storylines, and even with just little cameos from each show. It's annoying that they put SVU in the mix, too, because that show's quality has drastically decreased in the past few years. But I love CF/CPD.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 09:38:15 AM »
Sweet!

We'll see how the crossover goes.  I stopped watching SVU several years ago, as Belzer and Meloni left.  I also grew tired of the Olivia Benson character.  She was like a broken record. 

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:03:00 AM »
Olivia is the worst part about that show. The new characters Amaro and Rollins are actually really great, but her charater sucks. She should have been the one to leave instead of Stabler. I think it would have made for a more interesting plot, plus Meloni is a better actor. Benson looks like she's going to cry in every scene, and I  :censored hate that.

The only problem I have with Chicago is that they made Voight out to be a bad guy at first, but liked the character so much that they tried to move him more into Sipowicz territory. But, really, it's hard to think of him as "the good guy."

Fire has been great since the beginning. I was a little concerned that they might try to be like a Rescue Me-type show (which IMO couldn't be topped), but it's something completely different.
I don't want MP playing with DT unless they were making a drummer change. If they let MM go and bring back MP, then fine, but no guest appearance please.
WELP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:08:37 AM »
I think of Voigt as an antihero. 

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 11:16:30 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much Sipowicz (from NYPD Blue if you're unfamiliar). I definitely like the character and the actor. It's just a little far-fetched that he would be running a squad, let alone have a job, after what he pulled on Chicago Fire :lol
WELP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 11:48:58 AM »
I dunno.  This is America.  The land of Marion Barry and G. Gordon Liddy.

Voigt did his time.  It's plausible.  Especially in a town like Chicago lol.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 09:14:49 PM »
My girlfriend is a big fan of Chicago pd and I've recently gotten hooked. Not a fan of sophia Bush but everyone else is great on the show.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 07:06:31 AM »
My girlfriend is a big fan of Chicago pd and I've recently gotten hooked. Not a fan of sophia Bush but everyone else is great on the show.
Oh, I like her quite a bit.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 08:50:57 AM »
Sophia's voice is pretty annoying, but I like her character. Plus, she's pretty. :)
WELP.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 11:16:35 AM »
I was surprised this week at the outcome of the crossover this week. It's not how things usually go. I enjoyed it a lot.
WELP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 03:17:03 AM »
I was surprised this week at the outcome of the crossover this week. It's not how things usually go. I enjoyed it a lot.
I agree.  We were a little shocked.  Nice to see actual consequences for the teams from time to time.

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »
Seriously. Me and the wife were trying to figure out the last time an SVU main character died. Couldn't come up with one. ADA Cabot had her death faked, but that was the closest thing we got. It's refreshing to see that they're not afraid to take some risks on the Chicago shows. Not that it was the most important character, but I liked her.

PS. did I mention that the crossover was "this week"? :facepalm:
WELP.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 07:29:05 PM »
I just caught up on the crossover and it was pretty good.

I know the actor that played Stabler left but how did they get rid of his character?

Offline OpenYourEyes311

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 07:45:44 AM »
A little girl started shooting people in the squadroom and he took her out in one of the season finales. His character couldn't take it and quit (between seasons). The last time we saw him was when he blew her away. He's been mentioned only a couple times since.
WELP.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 12:21:11 PM »
I like Chicago PD, haven't watched in a while (after Sophia left that FBI job). The only thing that I don't like is how... well, American it is. It's all about "my town", "my people", macho guys and gals everywhere. A bit like that show "The Last Ship" which was terrible. It just makes it over the top and every time it happens it kicks me out of any immersion I might be in.

And why is it that in every show, the agency that the main characters are in are the best, but every other are lazy and incompetent? Unless they do a cross-over in which there's this bromance awkwardly taking over the episode.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 02:14:37 PM »
Welcome to America.