Author Topic: How much money have you spent on Dream Theater?  (Read 4853 times)

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
Re: How much money have you spent on Dream Theater?
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
Too effin much, but no airfare, car rentals, or hotels so I'm probably comfortably below Scotty.

Been trying to cut down.

Offline thyer

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2015, 09:29:12 AM »
good question...It's better not to know for myself otherwise I will going out of my head  ;D

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 06:47:20 AM »
I have been following DT since about 2004, so since then and the fact I live in Australia where concert tickets, meet and greet tickets, albums, merchandise, hotels, shipping costs for three editions of Lifting Shadows, special release since Black Clouds albums etc, I have spent over 3k .... worth every cent!  :smiley:

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »
Too much.

Yet... never enough.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2015, 10:33:25 AM »
I can't put a price on how much time I've spend hunting down and downloading bootlegs.   I have hundreds right now so that has to count for a lot.    :lol   

Offline fischermasamune

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2015, 09:43:22 PM »
Their 12 studio albums, in CDs ~63
Their 3 live concerts in BDs ~48

Total around 111 dollars (1+1+1 = 8-5 nuggetz)

Offline McNugg

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 11:08:04 AM »
Considering that it costs £250+ ($400ish dollars) in airfairs/hotel on top of DT's ever increasing ticket prices each time I go see them, i'd say quite a lot :D

That being said, at least they have never cancelled last minute like Queensryche did for their last Scotland show...  Anyone else ever spent £300 just to go and see "Machete Kills" at the cinema?  :rollin

Totally not bitter about it though  :laugh:

Offline PwnsomeWin

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2015, 05:48:31 AM »
Seems like $1000 is an average between us... Good golly!

Offline comment

• Custom Title
  • What’s on your mind Facebook?
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »
Hmmm...  Great question to consider.  DT is the only band I'll buy their CDs when they first go on sale and if they offer a Special Edition I purchase it.  6DOIT was the first album I purchased and was the time I became a fan.   So...6DOIT-DT: 9 albums + 5 older albums bought 2nd hand... Approx 200. Saw JP with Satch and DT with Satch.  Chaos show and finally their latest show... I'm guessing 400ish for travel and room.

$600.00

Since discovering them I've probably spent another 300 or so on bands I learned about through them.
Signature