Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554495 times)

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #5215 on: December 03, 2017, 12:28:22 PM »
Gone With the Wind. A little dated but still epic, including the music and cinematography.
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #5216 on: December 03, 2017, 12:53:58 PM »
April Fools Day (1986) - A entertaining slasher flick from the 80s. It's pretty much what you'd expect from that time.......well until the ending of course which makes this one a bit more unique than others.

Murder on the Orient Express (1974) - For a story this old with multiple adaptations over the years I'm surprised I was able to go into this one not knowing what the ending was. Great movie with a Great cast. Though the fact that Finny is obviously YEARS younger than the character he's portraying can be a bit distracting at times lol.

The Cat o' Nine Tails (1971) - Pretty much what you'd expect from a classic Argento giallo flick. Really solid film.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5217 on: December 03, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »
Wonder - Great wee family movie with Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson, about a boy with a facial disfigurement starting school and trying to fit in.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5218 on: December 04, 2017, 08:00:43 AM »
Cars 3- Easily the best of the three and animation was pretty incredible.

Online Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5219 on: December 04, 2017, 08:26:26 AM »

I've yet to see it, but this give me hope that it's ok. The second one wasn't great, but I still like the first one, even though it gets a lot of bad press.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5220 on: December 04, 2017, 09:19:04 AM »
I always thought the first one was alright, never bothered with the other two and probably never will.

Primer - Really weird and authentic time travel movie. Had to watch some explanation videos on youtube to get what the fuck was going on.

Blade Runner 2049 - Finally caught this one last night. It was a really unique movie and truly felt like a classic. I'm not a big fan of the original, so this one was a big step up.

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5221 on: December 04, 2017, 09:25:16 AM »

I've yet to see it, but this give me hope that it's ok. The second one wasn't great, but I still like the first one, even though it gets a lot of bad press.

Cars 2 was an entertaining movie but when compared to the rest of the Pixar film collection it's pretty terrible. It's easily forgettable and can be ignored. Cars 3 is the true sequel to the original.

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #5222 on: December 04, 2017, 01:16:14 PM »
Primer - Really weird and authentic time travel movie. Had to watch some explanation videos on youtube to get what the fuck was going on.

Blade Runner 2049 - Finally caught this one last night. It was a really unique movie and truly felt like a classic. I'm not a big fan of the original, so this one was a big step up.
These two are amazing  :hefdaddy

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5223 on: December 08, 2017, 03:32:23 AM »
Office Christmas Party. It's the right time and I figured I could take a chance with this, half prepared to regret it halfway through the movie, but it was actually kinda entertaining. An absurd parody of the vibe that goes on at christmas parties at companies, and helped by the cast (Michael Bluth, Elrich Bachman and evil Rachel, mostly  :lol )

And the best part of it? a snippet of Dio and Iommi's version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen during the party  :metal :metal :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5224 on: December 08, 2017, 03:38:08 AM »
:metal That's one of my favourite Christmas renditions!

I haven't seen the movie, but I have the Christmas album that is from. Probably time to give it a listen.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5225 on: December 08, 2017, 03:56:05 AM »
Indeed, there are many great renditions of songs on that album, Jeff Scott Soto who is under our attention for Sons of Apollo sings We Wish you a Merry Christmas, and also Alice Cooper has a phenomenal and creepy rendition of Santa Claus is Coming to Town  :metal
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #5226 on: December 08, 2017, 05:25:03 AM »
Logan Lucky - what a charming hilarious movie. I had no idea what the movie was about and went in blind. Had no idea of who all were in it other than Channing Tatum and Adam Driver. I was expecting the typical portrayal of southerners in the movie and instead got a very well rounded and wonderfully acted bunch of characters.

9/10
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5227 on: December 08, 2017, 06:14:34 AM »
Indeed, there are many great renditions of songs on that album, Jeff Scott Soto who is under our attention for Sons of Apollo sings We Wish you a Merry Christmas, and also Alice Cooper has a phenomenal and creepy rendition of Santa Claus is Coming to Town  :metal

That's a great Christmas album!

I watched the original Black Christmas again. Very very creepy movie! Stick with the original and avoid the remake

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5228 on: December 08, 2017, 07:10:48 AM »
Would anyone like to actually give the title of that Christmas album?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5229 on: December 08, 2017, 07:13:37 AM »

We Wish You A Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5230 on: December 08, 2017, 07:29:21 AM »

Silent Night from that album is excellent!  :metal
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5231 on: December 08, 2017, 07:31:28 AM »

Silent Night from that album is excellent!  :metal

Holy fuck I love to crank that one every year. My favourite. :lol :metal Especially when the half time section stops and then the double time sections kicks in with the drums and riff. :metal

Online Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5232 on: December 08, 2017, 08:00:00 AM »
On topic: I watched The Infiltrator yesterday. Very tense and interesting but I still have a difficult time watching Bryan Cranston because of Breaking Bad.  :lol
"Religion poisons everything” — Christopher Hitchens

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5233 on: December 08, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »

Thanks! :tup

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #5234 on: December 11, 2017, 01:04:17 AM »
Thor Raghnarok (or however you spell it).  Nice bit of nonsense!
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #5235 on: December 11, 2017, 08:19:02 AM »
Coco.

I didn't cry and you can't prove I did!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Adami

« Reply #5236 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:07 PM »
Disaster Artist - Really great! The Francos had great chemistry, and it was just a good, funny movie with a lot of heart and love for someone like Tommy.

Lady Bird - Also really great, but I had some issues with the pacing and structure. Still loved it.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #5237 on: December 13, 2017, 10:48:51 PM »
Disaster Artist - Really great! The Francos had great chemistry, and it was just a good, funny movie with a lot of heart and love for someone like Tommy.

Oh man I can’t wait to see that movie. One of my most anticipated movies ever.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #5238 on: December 16, 2017, 01:02:50 PM »
The Disaster Artist was hysterical, and the Alamo also had Greg Sestero there to answer questions and take pics, so that was a blast. They also showed a little sneak preview of he and Tommy's new film Best F(r)iends which I'm sure will be epic.
Lady Bird- really enjoyed it til the end, which felt weird to me.
The Shape of Water- <3
Last Jedi tomorrow... and today, if I'm able to make it (haven't been feeling great), my friend is having a holiday horror marathon!
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5239 on: December 17, 2017, 03:17:23 AM »
Dunkirk. Went in without remembering specific details about the movie or the historical evacuation, so I actually didn't know how the movie would end. Took me a while to figure out also the non-linear narrative, I know it appeared on screen but it didn't register at first.

Nice movie, I don't see myself going back to it again and I see what Nolan was trying to do, but it didn't leave me in complete awe. I guess we'll never know what happened to Tom Hardy after he was caught at the end, do we?

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5240 on: December 17, 2017, 07:29:18 AM »
Dunkirk. Went in without remembering specific details about the movie or the historical evacuation, so I actually didn't know how the movie would end. Took me a while to figure out also the non-linear narrative, I know it appeared on screen but it didn't register at first.

Nice movie, I don't see myself going back to it again and I see what Nolan was trying to do, but it didn't leave me in complete awe. I guess we'll never know what happened to Tom Hardy after he was caught at the end, do we?

The non-linear thing threw me for a loop too, since I didn't figure it out until like 35 mins in. Up until that point, the narrative felt disorienting. It was a very well made film, just not one that really did it for me. I need a little more story, a la Saving private ryan. But I can respect Dunkirk.

And I'm pretty sure that after being capture, Hardy was sentenced to prison deep in a hole and then this happened  ;)

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5241 on: December 17, 2017, 02:52:28 PM »
Makes sense  ;D

Online Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
« Reply #5242 on: December 17, 2017, 04:43:31 PM »
Jagten [The Hunt]: Very good movie about a guy who is falsely accused of abusing a child, and all the hell that unleashes unto him in a small town. Mads Mikkelsen delivered a great performance as usual.  4/5

Inside Out: Somehow didn't watch it back then, but I'm glad I did now. A little too fast paced for me these days but very creative and unique. 4/5

La planète sauvage [Fantastic Planet]: Now this was rad - very weird animated sci-fi film with a prog soundtrack. It's about some humans that live in a world where they're small as bugs (and treated as such), and the smart civilization there it's this bunch of blue aliens. The humans fight for freedom and a place for them in that world instead of the wild. I liked how it was drawn in that old surrealist style like Dali and similar, very cool. 4/5

Online Adami

« Reply #5243 on: December 17, 2017, 06:09:57 PM »
Star Wars The Last Jedi - Good stuff, 7/10.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5244 on: December 18, 2017, 09:10:53 AM »
Saw Cool Runnings for the first time over the weekend. What a fun movie.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5245 on: December 20, 2017, 01:54:05 PM »
rick moranis has had some incredible films, but I think my personal favorite is spaceballs. Him as Lord Helmet just has me laughing my ass off every single time.

Online Adami

« Reply #5246 on: December 20, 2017, 10:51:01 PM »
Three Billboards - Woah. Super intense. Plot is a bit thin but good, but man those performances. Jesus. Definitely a few oscar noms there.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5247 on: December 21, 2017, 01:16:09 AM »
Bad Santa. I checked a Wiki list of Christmas movies in case I've missed some worthwhile, and staying away from sappy sugary family comedies I decided to give a shot at this dark humor movie, since there's Billy Bob Thornton who totally floored me (and I bet everyone else) in Fargo as Lorne Malvo.

It was ok, funny enough to not regret seeing it. Very dark humour (BBT is teaming up with a dwarf to act like Santa and his little helper in malls so that they could rob it and run away at the end of the holidays) and so full of swearing that at points it goes from funny into annoying, but all in all it wasn't a wasted 90 minutes. Probably I'll see the sequel sometime.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5248 on: December 21, 2017, 06:34:06 PM »
Bad Santa. I checked a Wiki list of Christmas movies in case I've missed some worthwhile, and staying away from sappy sugary family comedies I decided to give a shot at this dark humor movie, since there's Billy Bob Thornton who totally floored me (and I bet everyone else) in Fargo as Lorne Malvo.

It was ok, funny enough to not regret seeing it. Very dark humour (BBT is teaming up with a dwarf to act like Santa and his little helper in malls so that they could rob it and run away at the end of the holidays) and so full of swearing that at points it goes from funny into annoying, but all in all it wasn't a wasted 90 minutes. Probably I'll see the sequel sometime.

Bad Santa is one of those movies that overall I would rate as pretty good, but it has a handful of scenes that are gut-busting funny, like the boxing scene or the one where Marcus and Slagel exchange barbs while Willie is laying there passed out.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #5249 on: December 21, 2017, 06:56:36 PM »
The Invitation. I enjoyed it overall, kept me in suspense even though it was a bit predictable in some ways. One of those movies where you're at the edge of your seat for an hour just waiting for shit to hit the fan and wanting to strangle some of the characters.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.