Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554515 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #1190 on: November 22, 2015, 05:44:00 AM »
Watched Snatch again. Bricktop's death is probably my favorite movie villain's death ever.

I love that movie.

Sugar?

No thanks. I'm sweet enough.

:lol

Offline V_R11

« Reply #1191 on: November 22, 2015, 11:07:56 AM »
Hunger Games : Mockingjay part 2

Surprisingly good
Seasons change and so can I

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1192 on: November 22, 2015, 07:56:30 PM »
Watched Snatch again. Bricktop's death is probably my favorite movie villain's death ever.

I love that movie.

Sugar?

Love that movie so much. I have a coworker who looks like Brick Top. Female.

:|
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1193 on: November 22, 2015, 08:04:25 PM »
My apologies.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1194 on: November 22, 2015, 11:09:56 PM »
Don't worry, I rarely see her.

I just watched Last Tango in Paris  :|

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1195 on: November 23, 2015, 05:50:48 AM »

I love that movie.

Sugar?

That's...unsettling.  :lol

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1196 on: November 23, 2015, 11:59:56 AM »
Terminator Genisys. Ugh. God what a mess of a movie. It started out quite good and even though I'd heard the entire movie was shown in the trailers, I somehow managed to avoid being spoiled. But they did nothing with the reveal and just made a blabbering mess of a story. I can't believe James Cameron actually gave his approval to this script.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1197 on: November 23, 2015, 01:19:40 PM »
Terminator Genisys. Ugh. God what a mess of a movie. It started out quite good and even though I'd heard the entire movie was shown in the trailers, I somehow managed to avoid being spoiled. But they did nothing with the reveal and just made a blabbering mess of a story. I can't believe James Cameron actually gave his approval to this script.

Hey he gets paid whatever. If I was James Cameron I would too.

a.) More royalties for him to put towards his own movies.
b.) The more they fuck up the franchise - the more his first two will be held in higher regard.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1198 on: November 23, 2015, 02:27:51 PM »
I don't personally think James Cameron cares about needing the money via royalties from that franchise, he's got other franchises that have yielded him a ton more. The rights of the Terminator franchise go back to fox in a few years and paramount are squeezing whatever they can from it right now with 2 movies already planned as sequels to create a separate trilogy of sorts. Where they fell in this movie is the poor execution of some decent ideas. Didn't care at all for the two main characters and they appeared to have zero chemistry together. I think Dragon lady outside of GOT doesn't have much chops.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #1199 on: November 23, 2015, 03:49:40 PM »
I loved it :(

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1200 on: November 23, 2015, 04:40:00 PM »

I love that movie.

Sugar?

It really is. She's an awesome lady and I feel bad saying it, but I cannot look at her and not think of him. I showed a pic of him to another coworker one time and she was like "Holy shi-"

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1201 on: November 23, 2015, 04:51:06 PM »

I love that movie.

Sugar?

It really is. She's an awesome lady and I feel bad saying it, but I cannot look at her and not think of him. I showed a pic of him to another coworker one time and she was like "Holy shi-"

I have to see a photo of this woman.

Offline MajorBoobage

« Reply #1202 on: November 25, 2015, 02:56:43 AM »
Starting The Hunger Games, i´m interested is it worth going to cinema for a new one
It seems that they're entering an area of extreme hazard. A zone of some sort. A dangerous one.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1203 on: November 25, 2015, 06:04:12 AM »
Starting The Hunger Games, i´m interested is it worth going to cinema for a new one

I've thought about starting it also. Maybe over the weekend I'll check out the first one.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1204 on: November 25, 2015, 09:04:08 AM »

I thought the story was fair enough, but the actors and acting were highly questionable.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1205 on: November 25, 2015, 09:09:49 AM »

I thought the story was fair enough, but the actors and acting were highly questionable.

The casting was my only major gripe with the movie (along with one particular story point that didn't make sense to me).
Arnie is of course Arnie, and Emilia Clarke was fine (and cute as a button), but I didn't like their choice for Kyle Reese, John Connor, or Matt Smith's role. They were just all wrong for those roles. It's a shame Eddy Furlong is off the wagon, because I still would like to see the real John Connor again in a Terminator movie.

And FFS, next time don't give away every major plot twist in the trailer. :facepalm:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1206 on: November 25, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »

I've thought about starting it also. Maybe over the weekend I'll check out the first one.

I'd say it's worth it, but the first movie is the worst one I think. It's still okay, but the others are better. So if you don't like the first, watch the second one too, then decide if you want to see the rest.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1207 on: November 25, 2015, 12:48:51 PM »

I'd say it's worth it, but the first movie is the worst one I think. It's still okay, but the others are better. So if you don't like the first, watch the second one too, then decide if you want to see the rest.

Thanks for the heads up.

Offline MajorBoobage

« Reply #1208 on: November 25, 2015, 03:26:28 PM »

Thanks for the heads up.
I liked the first one, pretty good movie, wondering where will it go from there
It seems that they're entering an area of extreme hazard. A zone of some sort. A dangerous one.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1209 on: November 25, 2015, 11:36:25 PM »
Guys.

Creed.

This movie is why you spend $12 bucks to sit in a dark room with strangers. I don't know how it was with the first Rocky movie, but I feel like it might have been like what I just experienced. All that talk of Sylvester Stallone being an Oscar contender is not all talk. I was moved. One of the best movies of the year.

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1210 on: November 26, 2015, 09:23:21 AM »
Saw Hunger Games yesterday, surprisingly good indeed, I hated The Mockingjay pt. 1 (probably because it was such a different format), but this one more than made up for it!
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1211 on: November 26, 2015, 09:25:45 AM »
Guys.

Creed.

This movie is why you spend $12 bucks to sit in a dark room with strangers. I don't know how it was with the first Rocky movie, but I feel like it might have been like what I just experienced. All that talk of Sylvester Stallone being an Oscar contender is not all talk. I was moved. One of the best movies of the year.

I want to put this on my list because I have heard good things about it, but since I have never seen a single Rocky movie I'm unsure if I will care.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1212 on: November 26, 2015, 10:19:14 AM »
Did I mention this already ? My local small cinema is showing The Walk again in December so i'll probably see that.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1213 on: November 26, 2015, 10:24:32 AM »

The story started out really promising I thought and I was very intrigued by the setup but like I mentioned and observed by others as well, the execution wasn't great with weird acting. I can't stand Jai Courtney in any of his films I've seen. He had like zero chemistry with Emilia Clarke.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1214 on: November 26, 2015, 01:17:35 PM »
Just saw Star Wars Episode IV. Watching one a week until Ep VII, only two left!

I must say, Episode IV was better than I remembered. I don't give movies points for being classics, and I remember I always thought that it was a bit slow and distractingly dated. It's still pretty dated, but it didn't bore me this time. Fine movie, but still #4 if I were to rank the Star Wars movies.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1215 on: November 26, 2015, 01:21:07 PM »
Which of the prequels do you think is better than A New Hope ??

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1216 on: November 26, 2015, 02:14:34 PM »
Revenge of the Sith.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1217 on: November 27, 2015, 04:08:55 AM »
Introduced my kids to the glories of The Breakfast Club last night. They loved it.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1218 on: November 27, 2015, 02:05:47 PM »
Saw the latest Maze Runner movie. I liked it, just like I enjoyed the first one. Very well shot too, that's something I noticed quite early.

I'm onboard with this franshise. It's not a very original concept by now, but it's still enjoyable, and I'm interested to see more.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1219 on: November 27, 2015, 02:57:51 PM »
Introduced my kids to the glories of The Breakfast Club last night. They loved it.

:D

Watched that at Red Rocks this summer!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1220 on: November 28, 2015, 09:53:07 AM »
"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1221 on: November 28, 2015, 09:20:56 PM »
Finally got to see Inside Out, I keep thinking there's no way Pixar can get more imaginative anymore and they pull this movie totally out of nowhere. I keep thinking I have a favorite pixar movie, now I just simply can't decide.

Offline Coolcat

• I love ALL kids!!
  • I Love Babies!!
« Reply #1222 on: November 28, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »
Cool Cat Saves The Kids.
But to be fair, I've watched it once everyday for the last 6 months. I REALLY like this movie  :hefdaddy  :hefdaddy  :heart
"If you weren't a bully, you would have friends and friends are Coooooolll!!!" - me

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gun-self-defense-for-women#/

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1223 on: November 29, 2015, 02:22:54 AM »
Can't qiute decipher how I should respond to that.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1224 on: November 29, 2015, 03:12:05 PM »
You shouldn't.