Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554248 times)

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #1155 on: November 04, 2015, 12:37:49 PM »
Prog, are you talking about Byzantium? I thought that was a pretty damn good flick, especially for the vampire genre and being related (at least in spirit) to Interview. Although I definitely like Interview better and it's probably still my favorite vampire flick, I thought Byzantium was great in of itself and kept the spirit of 'vampire tells life story' fashion. I also love the tone of it, probably more than Interview in that regard.

I never saw Byzantium.  Maybe I'll check it out later.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1156 on: November 04, 2015, 03:06:42 PM »
Definitely should. But what was the 'next one' you spoke of then? I definitely have to check out a sequel even if it wasn't as good (unless it was just a cash-in and wasn't made by the same people and was just horrible or something).

ED: Ahhhh shit nevermind, I just remembered right after posting... Queen Of The Damned. Yeah, what a shit film. Definitely pretending it doesn't exist.  :lol

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1157 on: November 04, 2015, 06:15:31 PM »
I like Queen of The Damned, and also enjoy Interview With a Vampire.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1158 on: November 05, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »
It's "Interview with THE Vampire" people.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #1159 on: November 05, 2015, 02:35:04 AM »
:dangerwillrobinson:

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1160 on: November 05, 2015, 05:01:41 AM »
Definitely should. But what was the 'next one' you spoke of then? I definitely have to check out a sequel even if it wasn't as good (unless it was just a cash-in and wasn't made by the same people and was just horrible or something).

ED: Ahhhh shit nevermind, I just remembered right after posting... Queen Of The Damned. Yeah, what a shit film. Definitely pretending it doesn't exist.  :lol

I thought I heard that they were going to make another movie in the series, but I don't remember if it was a rumor or they never went through with it or if they are actually working on it. I have to do some digging.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #1161 on: November 05, 2015, 07:54:02 AM »
It's "Interview with THE Vampire" people.

My bad....I was in a hurry typing that.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1162 on: November 06, 2015, 07:10:10 PM »
Burn After Reading. Pretty OK but JK Simmons brief parts were easily the best parts of the movie.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #1163 on: November 07, 2015, 12:54:39 PM »
American Sniper. For about the 20th time. GREAT movie

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1164 on: November 07, 2015, 01:47:53 PM »
It was pretty good, but not 20 times good.

Once was enough for me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1165 on: November 08, 2015, 03:33:36 AM »
About 15 minutes was enough for me, then I lost interest and watched something else.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #1166 on: November 08, 2015, 04:20:52 AM »
Nebraska, got notion of it 'cause Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul) was starring in it... I loved it! great atmosphere, it's one of those "Nothing is really happening" movies but I enjoy the road trips kind of movies and this story, dwelling between comedy and drama (well, more drama but there were fun moments), really intrigued me. Loved to see a slice of those areas of the USA, and the old wife of the protagonist was histerical (see the cemetery scene for example). All around a nice little story of what goes on with "normal people", sometimes it's fun to watch a movie about this kind of day to day lives.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1167 on: November 09, 2015, 04:59:52 AM »
Burn After Reading. Pretty OK but JK Simmons brief parts were easily the best parts of the movie.

The Russians?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1168 on: November 09, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »

20 times? Wow! I haven't even seen some of my all time favorites 20 times.

As for American Sniper, never saw it. But it's not really a movie aimed to me, so no biggie. I saw that clip of the rubber baby and burst out laughing though. That looked hilarious.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1169 on: November 09, 2015, 08:01:51 AM »
It's the middle of the film festival here right now so I have seen a bunch of good movies. Most recently I saw Once Upon a Crime: The Borelli-Davis Conspiracy. What a well made and maddening documentary. Basically these cops got framed for a murder in order to keep the Denver PD's corrupt organized crime unit alive back in the seventies. And both of them were here to answer questions, which was awesome. More info/trailer: https://www.denverfilm.org/filmcenter/detail.aspx?id=27866
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline mrtruthless

« Reply #1170 on: November 09, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »
I watched My Dinner With Andre for the first time after hearing about how good it was supposed to be.

I wasn't quite sure at the beginning if I'd like it, even though I could appreciate the talent in the performances. You could tell that they were theater vets given their many long, uncut monologues done like it was no big deal.

But once they dig into the metaphorical "meat" of the dinner, I was enthralled. This movie came out in 1981, and yet feels entirely relevant in 2015. I look forward to digging into their next two movies.
I hate catchphrases - Me

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1171 on: November 09, 2015, 11:30:03 PM »
That movie has been on my list for a few years now, but I still haven't seen it!

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1172 on: November 10, 2015, 08:39:30 AM »
Double feature this past weekend, Trainwreck and Mr. Holmes.

Trainwreck is the standard Judd Apatow flick.  Amy Schumer is her typical dirty humored self.  More than enough LOL moments. It did seem to drag at the end though.

Mr. Holmes stars Ian McKellan as a 90 year old Sherlock Holmes fighting through early dementia trying to remember his last case.  Slow paced story driven movie. Worth the watch.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1173 on: November 14, 2015, 06:39:24 AM »
Watched Tomorrowland last night.  I liked it quite a bit, but I see how some people might not.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1174 on: November 14, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »
Rewatched Ant-Man! Such a great fun movie.  :tup
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1175 on: November 15, 2015, 07:58:25 PM »
Recently saw One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest again.  So good.  I tend to think Jack Nicholson is a bit overrated, because it always seems like he plays himself, but he is totally awesome in this flick. And Louise Fletcher was magnificent as Nurse Ratched.  It's not easy to make viewers hate a character that much.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #1176 on: November 15, 2015, 08:39:09 PM »
I'd seen the movie way, way back when I was a lad.  Years later, in college in the 80's, it was on the reading list for an English class.  When I started reading it, and realized that the book was written in what I call "second person" (not the main character, but point of view by someone else in the story, a la Dr. Watson telling the Sherlock Holmes stories) and by whom, I was blown away.  I had no idea.  I loved the movie anyway, but watching it again after reading it was mind-boggling.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1177 on: November 16, 2015, 06:09:49 AM »
I re-watched the first X-Men movie and I picked up on something that irked me. Charles Xavier refers to Magneto as having a power that could be extremely dangerous, which is true. However, I think Charles' power is more dangerous and he has used it on many occasions against the will of others. Hmmm

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #1178 on: November 16, 2015, 06:44:24 AM »
Re-watched Edge Of Tomorrow and still it's such an entertaining movie.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1179 on: November 16, 2015, 07:50:09 PM »
Re-watched Edge Of Tomorrow and still it's such an entertaining movie.
I agree - rehashed groundhog's day with aliens was pretty entertaining  :metal

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1180 on: November 17, 2015, 10:42:49 AM »
Just saw Kung Fury and it was mostly cringeworthy instead of funny although it did improve towards the end.

That prolonged fight scene was pretty funny and the anime cartoon section was hilarious.

" This is heaven ? It looks so...real.."

Cobra : "er.....yeeaaaahhhhhh......" :lol

Some nice visuals though. The dinosaurs looked particularly good and the shot where Thor appears and lands in the water was pretty cool.

Meh overall.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1181 on: November 17, 2015, 01:18:28 PM »
Just saw Gone Baby Gone. Hadn't seen it before, and I enjoyed it very much. Probably my favorite movie from 2007, just barely beating Zodiac, mostly because I think Gone Baby Gone was more thought provoking and had a more complete story.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #1182 on: November 19, 2015, 08:47:35 PM »
Spy. Hilarious I could not stop laughing throughout the entire movie.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1183 on: November 21, 2015, 06:35:03 AM »
Just finished the documentary The Death of Superman Lives. Wow, what a fucked up film that would have been. The doc was a fascinating look into how big budget films actually get made. Or, sometimes, not made.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #1184 on: November 21, 2015, 06:38:14 AM »
It was cool to watch.  Nick Cage was such a weird choice and seeing hisome input was so different than what most in vision ed Superman as.  He had a ton of input.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MajorBoobage

« Reply #1185 on: November 21, 2015, 07:19:36 AM »
Locke with Tom Hardy. 3rd or 4th time, i really really like that movie, relaxing because of the night drive, always been my guilty pleasure.
It seems that they're entering an area of extreme hazard. A zone of some sort. A dangerous one.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #1186 on: November 21, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »
Just finished the documentary The Death of Superman Lives. Wow, what a fucked up film that would have been. The doc was a fascinating look into how big budget films actually get made. Or, sometimes, not made.

I want to see this!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1187 on: November 21, 2015, 09:00:42 PM »
Watched Snatch again. Bricktop's death is probably my favorite movie villain's death ever.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1188 on: November 22, 2015, 01:32:34 AM »
Saw the last Hunger Games movie yesterday and liked it very much. There were a few moments of cheese in there, but the good moments were good enough to make it the best movie in the series I think.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #1189 on: November 22, 2015, 01:52:37 AM »
Just watched The Purge: Anarchy. One of my problems with the first Purge movie is that it tried so hard to be a horror film, I didn't buy into it . The horror element didn't work with it's concept. With Anarchy, gearing more of the suspenseful social science route rather than slasher/horror of the first movie make the political overtones more effective.