Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554280 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #875 on: September 17, 2015, 06:52:12 AM »
They've already done Godzilla vs King Kong! :biggrin:
Oh! Yea come to think of it, i'm not surprised. Anyway here's the article I saw:

https://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-vs-king-kong/

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #876 on: September 17, 2015, 09:00:20 AM »
Rewatching Batman Begins. Someone else thinks this series of movies went from Good to Great to ....average?

I think it went from "average" to "shit" to "the last one was shit so I won't waste my time".

Come at me bros. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #877 on: September 17, 2015, 09:07:36 AM »
I can understand not really liking The Dark Knight, everyone won't like everything. But I really don't get how it's "shit".

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #878 on: September 17, 2015, 09:22:37 AM »
Rewatching Batman Begins. Someone else thinks this series of movies went from Good to Great to ....average?
Yes I do, loved the first two but did not like TDKR at all, I was more annoyed.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #879 on: September 17, 2015, 09:42:08 AM »
Yes I do, loved the first two but did not like TDKR at all, I was more annoyed.

Ditto.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #880 on: September 17, 2015, 10:01:12 AM »
I can understand not really liking The Dark Knight, everyone won't like everything. But I really don't get how it's "shit".

It's the internet. There's no such thing as "Grey Area".

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #881 on: September 17, 2015, 12:23:51 PM »
Because Blob.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #882 on: September 17, 2015, 02:12:20 PM »

I think it went from "average" to "shit" to "the last one was shit so I won't waste my time".

Come at me bros. :lol

I will Decepticon your ass.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #883 on: September 17, 2015, 03:16:55 PM »
I read that as De-ception. As in the opposite of Inception - another Chris Nolan movie.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #884 on: September 17, 2015, 11:14:11 PM »
Because Blob.

Damn right.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #885 on: September 18, 2015, 07:05:12 AM »
2 Fast 2 Furious.

Way too cheesy and 0 plot. Some good car chase sequences though.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #886 on: September 18, 2015, 07:06:26 AM »
2 Fast 2 Furious.

That's the one I haven't seen (along with the most recent).
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #887 on: September 18, 2015, 07:15:36 AM »
Yea I'm watching them in order so going through the motions at this point.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #888 on: September 18, 2015, 02:37:52 PM »
St. Vincent. Most people just know the Caddyshack Bill Murray. But his performance in this movie is outstanding. Epic is an understatement

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #889 on: September 18, 2015, 02:41:35 PM »
2 Fast 2 Furious.

2 Cheesy 0 Plot :neverusethis:

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #890 on: September 19, 2015, 12:26:06 AM »
Black Mass. Good movie. When it comes to acting performances, I gage  acting by Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York. To Me the greatest acting ever done. That said, and I will preface that I am not a huge Depp fan..............but the dude is incredible in this. It is mind blowing how good he is. It is scary good.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #891 on: September 19, 2015, 01:22:48 AM »
I'm hearing great things about that! I love Depp so I will probably see it.

Tonight my friend and I went to an awesome bad movie party where this woman had a mini-theatre set up in her garage and we all sat in camping chairs. It was "Fuck yeah Corman Night" and we watched Attack of the Crab Monsters (lol I just made a typo and wrote crap- it was hilariously bad), Death Race 2000 (omfg this is a gem- David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone and so much seventies glory), and The Fantastic Four (1994- jesus christ that was terrible). The middle one was definitely the best. Wow. I had lots of beer and I am happy.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #892 on: September 19, 2015, 04:23:50 AM »
Black Mass. Good movie. When it comes to acting performances, I gage  acting by Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York. To Me the greatest acting ever done. That said, and I will preface that I am not a huge Depp fan..............but the dude is incredible in this. It is mind blowing how good he is. It is scary good.
I can't stand Depp, so I will make no special effort to see this.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #893 on: September 19, 2015, 07:51:59 AM »
I can't stand Depp, so I will make no special effort to see this.

This. I only liked him in Ed Wood. And *maybe* a couple of others. But nothing since.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #894 on: September 19, 2015, 08:15:43 AM »
give this a chance. again I am no depp fan but he is remarkable in this

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #895 on: September 19, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »
Last night I saw M. Night Shyamalans the Visit. I actually really enjoyed it. I thought it was funny (the humor IS intentional this time) but it did get really creepy when it wanted to be.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #896 on: September 19, 2015, 10:49:45 AM »
Good to hear the man still has it in him to do something enjoyable. I never saw Sixth Sense, and now there's no real point since I basically know everything about it, but I did enjoy Unbreakable, and I'm one of those few who loved The Village.

Lady In the Water was really weird though, like really really weird. I didn't hate The Happening as much as everyone else seems to do, I just think that it was boring. And I don't even want to think about the piece of shit that is The Last Airbender since I absolutely adore the original series.

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #897 on: September 19, 2015, 10:52:29 AM »
Interstellar. Been on a roll lately watching great movies.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #898 on: September 21, 2015, 08:49:22 AM »
Saw Nolan's three Batman movies over the weekend for the first time in a long while. I think all three of them are great. Dark Knight is obviously the stand-out, but the others are fine too. And despite the problems with Rises, and there clearly are some, I still like it better than Begins, although not by much.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #899 on: September 21, 2015, 09:29:13 AM »
Continuing with the Fast and the Furious series, saw Tokyo Drift and Fast & Furious aka part 4. I liked them both I thought I would hate Tokyo Drift but it was quite enjoyable and the 4th one was excellent I thought. Had a lot more serious tone and the car chases actually felt like a part of the story. Can't wait to watch the next 3 as I imagine they get better with each one. The 2nd one was the worse one by far.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #900 on: September 21, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »
Re-watched the Naked Gun trilogy. Still great movies. I wish they made comedies like this today, but unfortunately they don't. Even though there's plenty of moments that are incredibly dumb and overblown, there's still a lot of clever writing. Almost every scene has something funny, and Leslie Nielsen is just great. I also love how I view these movies different now, compared to when I was 7-8 when I first saw them. A lot of the jokes I didn't understand back then make sense now, but there were also things that worked and made it funny for a child as well.

Some of these lines were jokes I did not understand 15 years ago, but now they are just gold:

"The doctors say he has a 50/50 chance of living, but even that is only a 10% chance"

"Cuban?" -"No, I'm Dutch-Irish. My father was from Wales"

And in the second movie when Frank meets Jane for the first time in years:

"How are the children?"
-"We didn't have any"
"Oh.. right."

I don't know, something about these movies just puts a smile on my face. Same with the Hot Shots movies. This was back when spoofing was done good, and now just thinking at all the Scary Movies, Epic Movie, Disaster Movie etc, it all just went downhill.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #901 on: September 21, 2015, 05:15:05 PM »
I even loved 33 1/3rd.   Wonderful movies.   
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #902 on: September 21, 2015, 11:45:38 PM »
the last movie I would have seen would be Into the Woods (  :hefdaddy ) if I had it, but I don't

the last movie I saw was Jurassic World, still amazing
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #903 on: September 22, 2015, 06:50:17 AM »
Pacific Rim.

The premise was kinda dumb, but at least it was kinda different, so it kept my interest.  The effects were great.  The characters were mostly silly caricatures, but I'm pretty sure that they were supposed to be, so okay.  The effects were great.  The story was kinda dumb, but at least it was kinda different, so it kept my interest.  Then it was over.  The effects were great.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #904 on: September 22, 2015, 07:11:02 AM »
Yeah, Pacific Rim was dumb, but it was pretty fun.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #905 on: September 22, 2015, 10:49:05 AM »
It had that Japanese anime feel to it.  So I think the goofiness was exactly what they were going for and it was fun.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #906 on: September 22, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »
Exactly.  It was a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters.  Everything about the backstory was just to get us to the giant robots fighting the giant monsters, and all the effects and set dressing was to help sell it.  It worked.  I was entertained.

I mean, we could've loaded up fighter jets with missiles and blown them away, but then we wouldn't have three hours of giant robots fighting giant monsters.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #907 on: September 22, 2015, 11:24:26 AM »
Exactly.  It was a movie about giant robots fighting giant monsters.  Everything about the backstory was just to get us to the giant robots fighting the giant monsters, and all the effects and set dressing was to help sell it.  It worked.  I was entertained.

I mean, we could've loaded up fighter jets with missiles and blown them away, but then we wouldn't have three hours of giant robots fighting giant monsters.

No... you'd have War of the Worlds, or Cloverfield.

I agree on the enjoyment factor... take movies for what they are.  Hell, I enjoyed Battleship.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #908 on: September 22, 2015, 12:26:05 PM »
I REALLY like Battleship. Thought I was the only one!

For me, the big problems are all the goofballs on land trying to disrupt the aliens at the satellite station.  That should have been cleaned up.

But all the stuff at sea is gold, and I watch it almost every time I catch it channel surfing.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #909 on: September 22, 2015, 12:36:57 PM »
I REALLY like Battleship. Thought I was the only one!

For me, the big problems are all the goofballs on land trying to disrupt the aliens at the satellite station.  That should have been cleaned up.

But all the stuff at sea is gold, and I watch it almost every time I catch it channel surfing.

What goofballs on land?  I was too busy gawking at Brooklyn Decker.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion