Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554475 times)

Offline The Trooper

Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #840 on: September 10, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »
 :tup

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #841 on: September 11, 2015, 04:39:15 AM »
Kingsman the Secret Service.  Great spoof on spyfilms. Bit long though. But I liked it.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #842 on: September 11, 2015, 10:28:40 AM »
Saw Limitless last night. Pretty good although I have to say it ended a bit abrupt.
Check out the new CBS show based on this.  Apparently it picks up where the film left off - complete with Bradley Cooper.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #843 on: September 12, 2015, 05:01:38 AM »
Wednesday I saw Z for Zachariah, which was okay. It was visually pretty but the story was lacking in some areas.

Tonight we went to the drive-in and saw Man from UNCLE (pretty good), Age of Ultron (which I saw when it first came out), and Tomorrowland... sort of. We talked through that one because it was already 1am and probably would've fallen asleep otherwise. I had no idea what the fuck was going on  :lol... very fun night though. I love the drive-in!
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #844 on: September 12, 2015, 06:01:26 AM »
I love drive ins.

Bulletproof Monk.  I don't know why, but every time it's on, I like watching it.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #845 on: September 12, 2015, 07:27:35 AM »
Saw Limitless last night. Pretty good although I have to say it ended a bit abrupt.
Check out the new CBS show based on this.  Apparently it picks up where the film left off - complete with Bradley Cooper.
Yea i've heard about that. Will check it out!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #846 on: September 12, 2015, 08:26:04 AM »
On The Waterfront-Classic

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #847 on: September 13, 2015, 12:31:57 AM »
Whiplash. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #848 on: September 13, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »
World War Z - 5/10, borderline 4. For a movie with loads of crazed zombies Brad Pitt was almost never in any actual danger which was really silly. Also I found it amusing that there was never any "where the hell did this come from?" moments in the beginning from Pitt's family, they just kind of rolled with everything as if they practiced zombie invasion drills all the time.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #849 on: September 13, 2015, 11:55:27 AM »
World War Z was shit. I should have known it would be just shaky cam nonsense from the director of Quantum Of Solace.

That fight in the stairwell was completely incomprehensible. Could not see anything.

I did like the ending though with Peter Capaldi as "W.H.O. Doctor"  :biggrin:

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #850 on: September 13, 2015, 12:28:48 PM »
He did QoS? That would explain the awkward time/location jumps but that may just be the editing.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #851 on: September 13, 2015, 02:22:28 PM »
I didn't mind World War Z, I thought it was a fun enough movie.

Saw It Follows a few hours ago. A really terrifying concept, and I was really into this movie up until the end. I understand some movies having an "open ending", but I feel there is a difference between that and not having an ending at all. And sometimes it got a little bit silly, like visually. But as I said, the idea is great and made for moments that were truly disturbing and uncomfortable, without having a single jump scare that I can remember. I would've given it maybe a 7,5 or something had there been a more solid ending, but now I'd probably give it a 6,X or something.

Online faizoff

« Reply #852 on: September 14, 2015, 08:10:02 AM »
Finally saw the first Fast and Furious. A lot of cheese, some cliches and some 'Keanu Reeves whoa' kinda acting by Paul Walker but overall it was a very enjoyable movie. Now onto the next 20 sequels.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #853 on: September 14, 2015, 08:33:31 AM »
F&F Cast : " :( Well we ploughed ahead and finished Paul Walker's last movie. I don't think there'll be any more...RIP dude."

Film Studio : " Right well - Fast 7 made a trillion money so who we gonna hire to money the next one ? "

F&F Cast : " What ? Paul Walker is dead, he'd the lead actor of this franchise. You can't make more without him !? "

Film Studio " I Beg Your Money ? "

F&F Cast : " .....wait, what ? "

Film Studio : " What on earth do you money we can't make more money without him ? "

F&F Cast : " You.....do...know you just keep saying the word....money ? "

Film Studio : " Money. "

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #854 on: September 14, 2015, 09:58:35 AM »
Pretty sure none of the actors in that franchise want to stop because Walker died. That franchise is probably fun as hell to make and I'm sure they get paid a ton.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #855 on: September 14, 2015, 10:23:06 AM »
I thought Vin Diesel was the lead?

I've seen the sixth one all the way through, but only bits and pieces of the others. I put the Fast & Furious series in the same category as I do the Transformers movies. Super dumb, really bad movies, and it kills me on the inside everytime one of them makes money.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #856 on: September 14, 2015, 01:43:13 PM »
F&F Cast : " :( Well we ploughed ahead and finished Paul Walker's last movie. I don't think there'll be any more...RIP dude."
This is where your looking down on this franchise falls apart.  No one ever said that.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #857 on: September 15, 2015, 02:45:57 AM »
The Amazing Spiderman 2. I liked it well enough. although it took wayyyy too long getting to the awesome bits.
The guy playing Peter Parker is too handsome, but he does a well enough job. Ending was very well done, though.
Sort of remembered that from the comic books and was feeling that scene with Gwen.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #858 on: September 15, 2015, 12:47:26 PM »
This is where your looking down on this franchise falls apart.  No one ever said that.

Yeah they were probably more like " Bummer. Hope we still get our damn checks, yo ! "

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #859 on: September 15, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »
 :| Wow.

Aaaanyway... I just watched a movie called The Dead Lands on Netflix. Really awesome movie about the Maori that resembles Mel Gibson's Apocalyptico, but less Hollywood. It seems really accurate in how they acted, the viciousness of certain tribes and the peacefulness of others, as well as the almost hysterical faces they made to somehow scare and intimidate their opponents (which is still beyond me, and was in school when studying the tribes). Anyway, it's obviously overplayed a bit and it's nothing that's all that epic, but I expected to turn it off and was pretty taken in by the movie. The anti-hero of the film is also a fucking raging badass, so that helps. Cool flick if you're bored and want some action. Be warned though that it's all subtitled as they speak the native language, which I was also really glad to see/hear.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #860 on: September 15, 2015, 02:02:16 PM »

Yeah they were probably more like " Bummer. Hope we still get our damn checks, yo ! "
FFS

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #861 on: September 15, 2015, 02:33:09 PM »
 :corn

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #862 on: September 15, 2015, 03:05:57 PM »
I got halfway through the movie Time Lapse (Netflix) before turning it off because my forehead was bleeding due to the amount of facepalms. I mean...I know I'm no expert on the subject of time travel (disregarding that it's complete fiction anyway), but there's a way to do it to make it at least believable and then there's this way in which it's just...laughable. Except after a while it was annoying. That, and the characters acting like complete morons... It's horrible. So if you're into time travel and science-fiction, you may like watching Amber Tamberlyn for a bit (total cutie), but even that wasn't enough...it's absolute mess of a movie. Stay away.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #863 on: September 16, 2015, 05:11:24 AM »
:| Wow.

Aaaanyway... I just watched a movie called The Dead Lands on Netflix. Really awesome movie about the Maori that resembles Mel Gibson's Apocalyptico, but less Hollywood. It seems really accurate in how they acted, the viciousness of certain tribes and the peacefulness of others, as well as the almost hysterical faces they made to somehow scare and intimidate their opponents (which is still beyond me, and was in school when studying the tribes). Anyway, it's obviously overplayed a bit and it's nothing that's all that epic, but I expected to turn it off and was pretty taken in by the movie. The anti-hero of the film is also a fucking raging badass, so that helps. Cool flick if you're bored and want some action. Be warned though that it's all subtitled as they speak the native language, which I was also really glad to see/hear.

Hey, cool.  I've not seen that yet but I really want to.  My wife is Maori :lol

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #864 on: September 16, 2015, 01:11:17 PM »
Took a me day today, been a long work 2 weeks. So doing a Godzilla fest. Just watched Destroy All Monsters. Next up Final Wars.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #865 on: September 16, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »
I watched Jupiter Ascending the other day. I had read reviews saying it was a bad movie but since it's Sci Fi maybe the reviews were biased and also it's the Wachowski brothers so it surely couldn't be that bad.

I was soooooo wrong, the story is just horrible and basic and the acting is just meh and I feel very disappointed since the background they created for that universe is extremely interesting and provides with so many possibilities. And visually they managed to not overdo the special effects, it's just a shame that they wasted all of that.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #866 on: September 16, 2015, 02:32:11 PM »
Yeah it was stupid but the action was great and the VFX were really nice and directed well.

Such a shame they can't make a decent movie anymore.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #867 on: September 16, 2015, 10:54:41 PM »
Took a me day today, been a long work 2 weeks. So doing a Godzilla fest. Just watched Destroy All Monsters. Next up Final Wars.

I still have Godzilla vs Mothra and Godzilla vs Megaguirus sitting around waiting to be watched. Aside from the original, I haven't seen a whole lot of the original series, but I've seen most of them from The Return of Godzilla onwards.
Don Frye is hands down the best thing about Final Wars. :lol (assuming you're watching the Japanese version and not the English dub)
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #868 on: September 17, 2015, 05:27:34 AM »
Make sure you watch zilla vs mothra. maybe the best zilla movie ever. and lol. yes on final wars

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #869 on: September 17, 2015, 05:28:24 AM »
The reason I keep putting it off is because I hate Mothra. So. Damn. Much. :lol And I already know that Godzilla puts over Mothra in that one, which is a downer.

My personal favourite is Godzilla vs King Ghidorah. Nothing will top that one for me. :blob:

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #870 on: September 17, 2015, 05:33:04 AM »
Speaking of have you guys heard of the planned Godzilla vs King Kong thingy? I read that their tackling the problem with King Kong being a wee bit to small for Godzilla but they're confident they will find a solution.  :facepalm:
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #871 on: September 17, 2015, 05:41:40 AM »
They've already done Godzilla vs King Kong! :biggrin:

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #872 on: September 17, 2015, 06:03:42 AM »
Yeah, in like, 1935 or so....

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #873 on: September 17, 2015, 06:10:47 AM »
Godzilla's first appearance was in 1954....

It was around 1970.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #874 on: September 17, 2015, 06:13:44 AM »
Rewatching Batman Begins. Someone else thinks this series of movies went from Good to Great to ....average?