Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554356 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2015, 08:09:15 PM »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2015, 08:17:49 PM »

You know what's really funny about that? There are interview extras on the DVD, what Cage says about Christensen is unbelievable. I found a clip and trust me, the laughter will be WAY worth the 56 seconds of your time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBjJBn3qwFE

:lol   

You really picked a gem there - I think the only time I've seen a lower rating was Battlefield Earth.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/outcast_2015/

I gotta see this   :corn
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online ozzy554

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
Watched Outcast (Nic Cage and Hayden Christensen in 12th century China) last night... :facepalm:

I heard Nic Cage is the only good part of the movie......all 15-20 mins that he's in it.

Yeah, pretty much. His part is way small but he is at his over-the-top best.

Hayden Christensen may be one of the few people who could make Nic Cage look good(relatively speaking)

:lol

You know what's really funny about that? There are interview extras on the DVD, what Cage says about Christensen is unbelievable. I found a clip and trust me, the laughter will be WAY worth the 56 seconds of your time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBjJBn3qwFE

I like christensen and I think he did a pretty decent job in the star wars prequels.........when he wasn't talking that is. To be fair to him I don't think anyone with those lines would've made them sound good. Lucas's dialog sucked the life out of many performances in those movies.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Dream Team

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2015, 04:24:24 AM »
Watched Due Date starring RDJ and Zach However-you-spell-his-name. Downey's talent towers over this thing, which does quite a bit to rip off Planes Trains and Automobiles, even the bit where it turns out the annoying guy had the other guy's wallet the whole time.

Offline puppyonacid

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2015, 05:14:44 AM »
I watched Dallas Buyers Club with the GF over Easter. I like Mat Mc but she's not a fan.

Good film though. I found it heavy going but the casting is great and there are good performances all round. You can see why Jared Leto got the Academy award for his portrayal of Rayon.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:20:28 AM by puppyonacid »
This post was brought to you by Puppyonacid and subsequently ignored.

DTF's resident thread killer

Online faizoff

« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2015, 06:48:08 AM »
Saw Interstellar again last night, and spoilers below if you haven't seen it.

I still am not convinced with Mann's motives. I guess I just don't relate to how someone who's supposed to be a brilliant scientist turn psychotic killer even in the realization that there was a chance to go back home. He admits to being a coward but... I dont know I guess I'm still struggling with that aspect of the movie plot.
The science part I don't really have any issue with, though the ending is also like another WTF.
Murph is 2 years in sleep and hears of her father being alive and requests out of protocol to be transferred to that station and upon seeing him tells him to go search for Brandt which he does right away after a few days of just going through an experience of a life time. Again I understand the plot it's just the execution that bothers me I suppose.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online faizoff

« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »
Iron Man 3. I really enjoyed this movie and get all the hate it gets from comic book readers as well as non comic book readers.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2015, 11:36:22 AM »
Iron Man 3. I really enjoyed this movie and get all the hate it gets from comic book readers as well as non comic book readers.
I haven't heard hate for this one.  It's an awesome movie and got rave reviews and made over a billion dollars.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online faizoff

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2015, 11:57:14 AM »
From the several online forums I checked at the time the main twist regarding the Mandarin enraged comic readers like no other even worse than how Venom was handled in Spiderman 3. Several complained about plot points as well, several areas of it infact. Regardless I went and saw it twice in theaters as i thought it was the funniest of the bunch.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »
I haven't actually read a single comic book in my life, but that still pissed me off. Or at least disappointed me deeply.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2015, 12:04:53 PM »
It's because they didn't follow the comic book to a tee.  Hell, every movie made from a book is not exact like the book.  It's the director's interpretation and if they feel the need to spice things up.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2015, 12:25:55 PM »
The complaint I heard most about Iron Man 3 is how much time he spends not being Iron Man and just being Tony Stark, or even his mysterious alter ego "The Mechanic".  I'm a big RDJ fan, so I didn't have a problem with it, but I guess I can see how it might be an issue if you were expecting lots of actual Iron Man action.  I thought it was better than Iron Man 2 though not better than the first one.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2015, 01:13:16 PM »
I had no problem with RDJ out of the suit. In fact, I really respected the movie while watching for taking it's time with Tony Stark and not just Iron Man in the first two thirds of the movie. But the last third was just bad.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2015, 01:36:06 PM »
I would not use the adjective "bad" with the last 1/3 of IM3. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »
I would not use the adjective "bad" with the last 1/3 of IM3.
I wouldn't use "bad" with any of it.  Probably 3rd or 4th best MCU film, for me.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2015, 02:20:56 PM »
I had no problem with RDJ out of the suit. In fact, I really respected the movie while watching for taking it's time with Tony Stark and not just Iron Man in the first two thirds of the movie. But the last third was just bad.

"Bad" is a bit too strong for me, but I did a fair amount of eye-rolling in that final act.  I think Killian was a bit on the ridiculous side, with his amazing regenerative abilities coupled with actual super powers.  He was pretty much indestructible, although that's obviously the point.  It did provide for some funny stuff, though.  Rhodey's reaction was great.  "Oh, you breathe fire now?!"  And Killian's sheepish, embarrassed admission to Pepper that he really kidnapped her as a trophy of sorts, both because she's so hot and because it meant something to him to steal Tony Stark's girl, if only physically.  I was laughing pretty hard there.

Also, the whole "Clean Slate Protocol" seemed a bit extreme.  First, Tony's been busy building several dozen suits, all of which could be remotely controlled, and we get an invasion of the suits.  Then he decides to just blow them all up.  Philosophically, maybe it made sense, but I don't know; the first time around, watching the movie, it all seemed pretty over-the-top.

Overall, though, as with so many other movies of its kind, the action was so non-stop that looking for plot holes is basically nit-picking.  It was a very entertaining movie.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2015, 04:39:21 PM »
Just watched phantoms

and I don't know why...

I remember it being much better in 98, but then again I was 9 years old.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:50:41 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »
Saw Interstellar again last night, and spoilers below if you haven't seen it.

I still am not convinced with Mann's motives. I guess I just don't relate to how someone who's supposed to be a brilliant scientist turn psychotic killer even in the realization that there was a chance to go back home. He admits to being a coward but... I dont know I guess I'm still struggling with that aspect of the movie plot.
The science part I don't really have any issue with, though the ending is also like another WTF.
Murph is 2 years in sleep and hears of her father being alive and requests out of protocol to be transferred to that station and upon seeing him tells him to go search for Brandt which he does right away after a few days of just going through an experience of a life time. Again I understand the plot it's just the execution that bothers me I suppose.

I finally watched Interstellar last night, and I agree with some of this.
Regarding Mann: he just went crazy. It's very easy to do in a situation like that. His "motives" didn't really make sense, because obviously if he was really concerned about the good of mankind he never would've done what he did in the first place. I found his character very irritating and was happy to see him blow up, but I never questioned why he did what he did.
As for the ending, I see what you're saying but I guess time is of the essence.
There were a lot of WTFs in the movie for me but I still enjoyed it a lot.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2015, 06:53:24 PM »
The second they woke up Mann and he started hugging everyone and crying, I immediately knew the next 20 mins of the film. Its sucks that even one of humanities' smartest would pull a move like that, but psychologically I can fully understand his actions.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2015, 08:55:30 PM »
Yeah, exactly. It's space, brah.

Online faizoff

« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2015, 01:21:46 PM »
Captain America The Winter Soldier. Guess I should rewatch all Marvel movies while I'm at it in preparation for Avengers 2.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »
22 Jump Street.  Egads, it was even worse than 21 Jump Street.  Which is to say that it was even better.  Or worse.  It's hard to say, because the movies are stupid, and I find them entertaining, but they're also completely self-aware, and a lot of the humor comes from that.  So is that meta-humor?  I don't even know.  A lot of times, I found myself laughing because something was so completely stupid, but not in your conventional "so bad it's good" way; it was just bad.  But so bad that it was funny.

Example:  Constant references to the fact that it was the exact same case as last time, because this movie has basically the same plot as 21 Jump Street.  But then the big break in the case comes when they realize that it's not exactly the same, and that they've been so caught up in that assumption that they failed to see how it's actually different this time, and that leads them to solving the case.  So the cases are different, and that makes this movie different, even though they're the same.  So confusing.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2015, 01:49:36 PM »
I watched Dunstin Checks In last night. Classic.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2015, 01:51:03 PM »
22 Jump Street.  Egads, it was even worse than 21 Jump Street.  Which is to say that it was even better.  Or worse.  It's hard to say, because the movies are stupid, and I find them entertaining, but they're also completely self-aware, and a lot of the humor comes from that.  So is that meta-humor?  I don't even know.  A lot of times, I found myself laughing because something was so completely stupid, but not in your conventional "so bad it's good" way; it was just bad.  But so bad that it was funny.

Example:  Constant references to the fact that it was the exact same case as last time, because this movie has basically the same plot as 21 Jump Street.  But then the big break in the case comes when they realize that it's not exactly the same, and that they've been so caught up in that assumption that they failed to see how it's actually different this time, and that leads them to solving the case.  So the cases are different, and that makes this movie different, even though they're the same.  So confusing.
22 was amazing.  You're right, the whole concept of it is that it's a metafilm.  Better than the first.

Online faizoff

« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2015, 01:59:55 PM »
Now I'm going to watch the jump street movies back to back, I loved those movies. I never get tired of them.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2015, 11:20:20 AM »
Prisoners. Awesome movie.

Online faizoff

« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2015, 11:24:22 AM »
Prisoners is an amazing movie, loved the atmosphere and acting overall. Saw two horror movies during the weekend. The Babadook and Annabelle.

Babadook was really good, Annabelle not so much. The conjuring was a vastly better horror movie to the supposed prequel.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2015, 11:33:07 AM »
I need to watch Babadook.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2015, 12:45:04 PM »
I thought the Babadook was great. More genuinely frightening and disturbing than other recent horror movies' more focus on just startling you.

Prisoners. Awesome movie.

Indeed. Fantastic.

Online faizoff

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2015, 01:40:39 PM »
Disregard earlier comment, posted in wrong thread.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:01:50 PM by faizoff »

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2015, 06:15:20 PM »
Stardust is adorable.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2015, 07:47:35 PM »
I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.  The ghostly brothers were a riot.  And of course Captain Shakespeare.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2015, 10:13:56 PM »
Yeah, I loved the ghost brothers! The ending was kinda meh/predictable, but a great story overall.

Online ozzy554

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2015, 10:29:50 PM »
M by Fritz Lang. This is one that has been on my to watch list for a long time. I really liked it, especially peter lorre's performance at the end.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2015, 10:42:34 PM »
I've been waiting for someone to review Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2  :lol   Currently sitting on a Rotten Tomatoes rating of zero after 40+  reviews.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au