Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554416 times)

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #5705 on: June 16, 2018, 09:41:18 AM »
Watched Demolition Man tonight. The initial plot was a little convoluted, and it felt like it borrowed a lot from other similar films, but overall it was still a lot of fun, and very good for a 90s Stallone movie.

I like Demolition Man.  Snipes is fun as a wacked-out bad guy, very intelligent and realistically more than a match for Stallone.  Sandra was cute and provided some dumb comic relief, and I even liked Otho from Beatlejuice as Bob the Associate.

And come on, fine dining at Taco Bell!  So cool.  I just happened to think of that last night when we were trying to figure out where to grab dinner.  No, we did not dine at Taco Bell.  We might've if ours was like the one in this movie.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #5706 on: June 16, 2018, 09:51:06 AM »
Watched Demolition Man tonight. The initial plot was a little convoluted, and it felt like it borrowed a lot from other similar films, but overall it was still a lot of fun, and very good for a 90s Stallone movie.

I like Demolition Man.  Snipes is fun as a wacked-out bad guy, very intelligent and realistically more than a match for Stallone.  Sandra was cute and provided some dumb comic relief, and I even liked Otho from Beatlejuice as Bob the Associate.

And come on, fine dining at Taco Bell!  So cool.  I just happened to think of that last night when we were trying to figure out where to grab dinner.  No, we did not dine at Taco Bell.  We might've if ours was like the one in this movie.

Fun fact - I watched the European release of the movie, where all references to Taco Bell were dubbed over to be Pizza Hut instead (apparently because Taco Bell isn't/wasn't as well known outside of the US). It was so obvious the lips did not match the dialogue that I had to immediately look it up to see what the deal was. :lol And of course they weren't eating fucking pizza.

I've never really seen much of Snipes, but he definitely had the charisma to carry that role well.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #5707 on: June 17, 2018, 07:27:01 PM »

That movie is awesome.   :metal

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5708 on: June 18, 2018, 01:30:52 AM »
Ocean's Twelve - A bit too silly, but the dialogue and characters are good as ever.

Ocean's Thirteen - I think this is my favorite of the three, really like this one.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #5709 on: June 18, 2018, 01:54:47 AM »
Ocean's Twelve - A bit too silly, but the dialogue and characters are good as ever.

Ocean's Thirteen - I think this is my favorite of the three, really like this one.

I kinda agree. Twelve is the lesser of the series, Thirteen is quite good. But probably the first one is better.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #5710 on: June 18, 2018, 04:31:27 AM »

I don't like 13. It feels like a knee jerk reaction to everyone hating 12, so they just remade 11 and it felt derivative. Back to vegas for a heist. Been there, done that, and I think 11 did it so much better.

People hate 12 so much, but I love it and its actually my favorite. Subverting movie reality and breaking the 4th wall are stuff I'm down with.

And I'll always love 11. 

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #5711 on: June 19, 2018, 11:29:04 AM »
Sicario- Really like this one and the sequel looks cool too.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5712 on: June 19, 2018, 11:29:46 AM »
I watched The Founder over the weekend. I'm really surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5713 on: June 19, 2018, 11:32:39 AM »
I don't like 13. It feels like a knee jerk reaction to everyone hating 12, so they just remade 11 and it felt derivative. Back to vegas for a heist. Been there, done that, and I think 11 did it so much better.

People hate 12 so much, but I love it and its actually my favorite. Subverting movie reality and breaking the 4th wall are stuff I'm down with.

And I'll always love 11.

I might’ve agreed with you honestly, but 13 was the first one I saw as a kid, so that obviously has something to do with it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:47:59 AM by BlackInk »

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #5714 on: June 19, 2018, 11:42:28 AM »
Isle of Dogs. I not a huge Wes Anderson guy but the movie is phenomenal. Really good movie

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #5715 on: June 19, 2018, 08:16:22 PM »
Blockers.silly stupid movie but John Cena is friggin hilarious. Worth it just to see Cena be so funny

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #5716 on: June 20, 2018, 07:51:55 AM »
Blockers.silly stupid movie but John Cena is friggin hilarious. Worth it just to see Cena be so funny

mrs.jingle and I laughed so hard at this movie.  Still stunned it wasn't a Hard-R rating.  Can't wait to watch it again when it comes to Netflix.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #5717 on: June 20, 2018, 10:07:06 AM »
Yeah a REAL hard R rating. Cena is brilliant in it and love that he just let him run with the role.

Butt beer LOL. Maybe I am getting old but never heard of that and is hilarious.

I have always loved Leslie Mann. She is great in everything she does. Plus she is smoking hot

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #5718 on: June 20, 2018, 10:07:35 AM »
Did I mention Leslie Mann is hot....

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #5719 on: June 20, 2018, 09:06:27 PM »
Wait, really?   Her alleged hotness aside (I would say she is subpar by Hollywood standards), her acting is not good.  Being married to a good director is the only reason she is still doing films.  Her voice alone is like nails on a chalkboard.

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #5720 on: June 20, 2018, 09:22:07 PM »
lol will will disagree she is not my type but mind her hot

Offline The Trooper

« Reply #5721 on: June 20, 2018, 09:25:50 PM »
I am not saying she is a great actress, but the movies she is in are hilarious. lol I hear you tho. her husbands movies are great.

on a side note, watched Why Him. lol franco is hilarious

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5722 on: June 22, 2018, 05:02:35 AM »
Universal Soldier.
A lot better than I expected. Should have known a movie with Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren would deliver. I'm pretty sure their directions were to make something that was Robocop, Terminator, Rambo and Rocky all rolled into one. And as always, Van Damme wins by kicking someone onto spikes. Every. Damme. Time. :lol Super derivative, but I liked it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:24:32 AM by BlobVanDam »

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5723 on: June 22, 2018, 05:22:30 AM »
Jesus.  I haven't seen that movie in a long time.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5724 on: June 22, 2018, 05:36:30 AM »
The original Universal Soldier was great, back in the day!

One of my favourite Van Damme movies is Hard Target. A totally ridiculous premise where they strap money belts to homeless people and set them off running, to be hunted by some rich people with automatic weapons.

I'd like to think there was some sort of hidden commentary on big game hunting in Africa or whatever, but I'm not sure they even thought that deeply about it. Probably just going for shooty shooty runny runny.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5725 on: June 22, 2018, 05:47:45 AM »
The original Universal Soldier was great, back in the day!

One of my favourite Van Damme movies is Hard Target. A totally ridiculous premise where they strap money belts to homeless people and set them off running, to be hunted by some rich people with automatic weapons.

I'd like to think there was some sort of hidden commentary on big game hunting in Africa or whatever, but I'm not sure they even thought that deeply about it. Probably just going for shooty shooty runny runny.

Never heard of that one, but thanks for the suggestion. :lol :metal

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #5726 on: June 22, 2018, 06:38:53 AM »
Watch it - you won't regret it. Fully of mulletty goodness.  :lol

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #5727 on: June 22, 2018, 08:01:13 AM »
Sudden Death is another good one.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5728 on: June 22, 2018, 08:05:57 AM »
Sudden Death is another good one.

That one's pretty decent, although probably not one of my favs.

Watch it - you won't regret it. Fully of mulletty goodness.  :lol

First thing I noticed when I looked the movie up on imdb was that killer mullet. Even better than what he had in Time Cop. :lol

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #5729 on: June 22, 2018, 08:29:36 AM »

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5730 on: June 22, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
Just scored (2) passes to a screening of The Sicario sequel on next Tuesday. First movie was awesome. This one looks cool as well.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5731 on: June 22, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »
Blob, please tell me you've seen Double Impact by now?!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5732 on: June 22, 2018, 07:21:32 PM »
Just scored (2) passes to a screening of The Sicario sequel on next Tuesday. First movie was awesome. This one looks cool as well.

I need to watch the first one. It's been in My List on Netflix for like ... ever.

I'm jazzed about The Equalizer II.  First one was fantastic.  Helps that I'm a Denzel fanboi
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5733 on: June 22, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
The store scenes Chad were filmed 10 minutes from my brother's house.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5734 on: June 23, 2018, 12:16:33 AM »

I need to watch the first one. It's been in My List on Netflix for like ... ever.

I did the same thing. Finally pulled the trigger on it a couple months ago and glad I did. It’s a quality movie with some cool characters and acting. Decent story and very ‘gritty’. All around worth the watch.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5735 on: June 23, 2018, 12:30:22 AM »
Blob, please tell me you've seen Double Impact by now?!

Yes! :lol
I've seen Bloodsport, Cyborg, Kickboxer, Death Warrant, Double Impact, Universal Soldier, Timecop, Street Fighter (although not recently thank god), and Sudden Death.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5736 on: June 23, 2018, 05:17:28 AM »
The store scenes Chad were filmed 10 minutes from my brother's house.

Do you mean the diner scenes?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5737 on: June 23, 2018, 06:02:42 AM »
No.  The Lowes style store where they worked.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5738 on: June 23, 2018, 06:21:44 AM »
No.  The Lowes style store where they worked.

Ah... gotchya

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5739 on: June 23, 2018, 06:50:16 AM »
I shopped there many times.  It was cool seeing it in the movie.