Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 554380 times)

Online BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #4900 on: July 02, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »
Watched the new Beauty and the Beast earlier today. I liked it. Not quite my type of movie but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4901 on: July 03, 2017, 09:03:45 AM »
Two weekends ago my dad and I went out and did a double feature, The Mummy and then Wonder Woman. The Mummy wasn't great, but I feel like it also wasn't as bad as some of the reviews made it out to be. Really enjoyed Wonder Woman though.

Yesterday I got to see The Big Sick, which was pretty great.
Photobucket sucks.

Online faizoff

« Reply #4902 on: July 03, 2017, 10:07:34 AM »
Finally got to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them. I thought it was pretty good, though I did think some parts of the first half were kinda oddly paced. I'm also not sure I like Eddie Redmayne's acting in general. I've seen a few of his movies and I get annoyed by him every time he's on screen for some reason.. Rest of the casting I thought was great, I enjoyed the tone of the movie throughout. I still haven't read all the Harry Potter book but have seen all the movies and am far from a fan of the franchise, I do enjoy all the movies though. Hopefully the next 4 installments of beasts will be even more compelling as I read that Eddie's character takes a back seat in those.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4903 on: July 04, 2017, 12:20:42 AM »
Somebody gave me all the Die Hard movies, watching them for the first time.
I really needed to see these movies when they came out, when I was a member of the 90's audience and had their set of expectations heh
Just finished the first movie, which was okay despite the corny one-liners all over the place and the shitty characters. The villain was cool though. Fun movie overall.
I'm half way through the second one and already met with all 90's sequel criteria, most cheesy of all are the oddly placed and forced nods and references to the first movie, "believe me I've done this before".
Also Bruce Willis is the only smart good guy in the movie, all the rest of the good guys are too slow for his intellect and they hinder his efforts, they are a decent chunk of the reasons why whatever he's doing is difficult heh
And the one-liners are getting cheesier!
I miss being a 90's audience members who finds all this amazing :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4904 on: July 04, 2017, 12:44:21 AM »
I only saw Die Hard for the first time in the 2000s, and still thought it was a great movie. :dunno:
Thought the second one was ass though. Third one was really good though. Heck, I didn't even mind 4, although it was a typical 2000's action movie full of CGI explosions.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4905 on: July 04, 2017, 12:57:43 AM »
Naah I agree with you on the first movie, it was fun nonetheless. The things that I point out about 90's movies format doesn't bother me, it's funny so it's good heh
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4906 on: July 04, 2017, 06:23:00 AM »
I love Die hard 1 and part 3 is one is one of my favorite movies. The interplay between Willis and jackson, the riddles, the expanded locations to be frantically hurrying across the city, Jeremy Irons being incredible. Just all of it, god I love it  :metal

At the time, I enjoyed 2 quite a bit, but I enjoy it even more now after seeing 4 and 5, which are not for me.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4907 on: July 04, 2017, 06:37:29 AM »
I only saw Die Hard for the first time in the 2000s, and still thought it was a great movie. :dunno:
Thought the second one was ass though. Third one was really good though. Heck, I didn't even mind 4, although it was a typical 2000's action movie full of CGI explosions.

I saw it on the original release in theaters.  *Old man cred*
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4908 on: July 04, 2017, 06:44:12 AM »
I saw it on the original release in theaters.  *Old man cred*

That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4909 on: July 04, 2017, 06:52:42 AM »
 :lol

It's fun movie to be in a big group watching together.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4910 on: July 04, 2017, 07:36:21 AM »
I have never seen the original Die Hard. :eek :eek

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4911 on: July 04, 2017, 08:16:33 AM »
Say What? Wow, I'm shocked Kev!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4912 on: July 04, 2017, 12:20:25 PM »
The original Die Hard is just one of the most classic movies ever!

I just watched it in the theaters a few months ago with a special screening and it was ever better on the big screen!  The audience cheered big time when John Mcclane first made an appearance on the screen.  But when Hans Gruber showed up, the place erupted!

Part 2 is awesome as I really enjoyed the airport setting.

And part 3 is great as the interplay between Bruce and Samuel really makes the movie.

Part 4 did very little for me and I didn't even bother with 5.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4913 on: July 04, 2017, 03:33:38 PM »
The original Die Hard is just one of the most classic movies ever!

I just watched it in the theaters a few months ago with a special screening and it was ever better on the big screen!  The audience cheered big time when John Mcclane first made an appearance on the screen.  But when Hans Gruber showed up, the place erupted!

It's fun watching an older film in the theater, or even in a private setting with an established audience.  In my case, it was a bunch of us with a stack of VHS tapes, and Die Hard was one of them.  Bruce Willis with hair, Alan Rickman before anyone knew who he was, etc.  We got trashed, and put in the tape.  It was glorious.  Laughing at all the corny one-liners, making fun of the ridiculous stunts and heroics, all that.

Online faizoff

« Reply #4914 on: July 04, 2017, 05:14:24 PM »
Die Hard is a classic! going to watch it tonight!
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #4915 on: July 05, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »
Cars 3 and Despicable Me 3.

On Cars -- good sequel. Pretty much assumes 2 didn't exist (which was wise). Good story.

Despicable Me 3 -- it was funny. Tons of 80s humor and words for adults who grew up in that time period, probably way over the head of the kids. Story was OK, a bit predictable. The Minions appear, and have a few decent spots, but because they are their own franchise, they weren't as emphasized (I assume).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4916 on: July 05, 2017, 07:32:26 PM »
Die Hard 2 was meh, but the scene where the fire chased the airplane and jumped up to catch it on take off was pretty awesome!
Die Hard 3 is a freakin masterpiece :lol, I had no idea Sam Jackson was in it so it was a pleasant surprise, didn't know he co-starred anything with Willis before Zed died. The racism/counter-racism play in the movie was hilarious. The plot was well played out and the villains were pretty interesting. Pretty gory sometimes, feels like 90's movie violence is now equating to TV violence.
Starting 4!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4917 on: July 05, 2017, 07:37:42 PM »

Crazy, ain't it?  I've seen the 3rd one with SLJ, which is great, so that has to count for something! :biggrin: :lol

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4918 on: July 05, 2017, 07:39:27 PM »
Die Hard 2 was meh, but the scene where the fire chased the airplane and jumped up to catch it on take off was pretty awesome!
Die Hard 3 is a freakin masterpiece :lol, I had no idea Sam Jackson was in it so it was a pleasant surprise, didn't know he co-starred anything with Willis before Zed died. The racism/counter-racism play in the movie was hilarious. The plot was well played out and the villains were pretty interesting. Pretty gory sometimes, feels like 90's movie violence is now equating to TV violence.
Starting 4!

4 ain't bad. It's just not really a Die Hard movie, as much as it is a decent action movie. It's also the first Die Hard movie where Bruce cares 0%.

Skip 5. I did.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4919 on: July 05, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »
Die Hard 3 is a freakin masterpiece :lol, I had no idea Sam Jackson was in it so it was a pleasant surprise, didn't know he co-starred anything with Willis before Zed

:omg:  It completely escaped me that Bruce and Sam were both in Pulp Fiction.  I'm trying to remember if they even have any scenes together.  Their storylines cross only tangentially (via John Travolta getting toasted).

Online Adami

« Reply #4920 on: July 05, 2017, 07:43:21 PM »
Die Hard 3 is a freakin masterpiece :lol, I had no idea Sam Jackson was in it so it was a pleasant surprise, didn't know he co-starred anything with Willis before Zed

:omg:  It completely escaped me that Bruce and Sam were both in Pulp Fiction.  I'm trying to remember if they even have any scenes together.  Their storylines cross only tangentially (via John Travolta getting toasted).

I think they're both in the restaurant/bar together, but I don't think they actually interact.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #4921 on: July 05, 2017, 07:46:48 PM »

I think they're both in the restaurant/bar together, but I don't think they actually interact.

Correct.  Jules goes to take a piss, while Vincent gets an attitude with Punchy.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4922 on: July 05, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
Ha ha, so Vincent is the connection both times, and the second one is something like payback.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #4923 on: July 05, 2017, 09:49:54 PM »
Foxy Brown - Not as good as Coffy but still a really entertaining movie.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #4924 on: July 05, 2017, 10:40:52 PM »
Creed

Absolutely fantastic.  I didn't care for Rocky Balboa, where we saw Rocky as an aging fighter in the ring.  His role in this film as a trainer/mentor to a younger generation, was amazing, as was the story.

The little teaser for Creed 2 showed Adonis & Drago - that would be incredible to see happen.

Online Adami

« Reply #4925 on: July 05, 2017, 10:43:57 PM »
Creed

Absolutely fantastic.  I didn't care for Rocky Balboa, where we saw Rocky as an aging fighter in the ring.  His role in this film as a trainer/mentor to a younger generation, was amazing, as was the story.

The little teaser for Creed 2 showed Adonis & Drago - that would be incredible to see happen.

Weird, I thought Rocky Balboa was probably the 2nd best of the official Rocky series.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #4926 on: July 05, 2017, 10:55:09 PM »
While I prefer 1, 3, and 4 (can't recall seeing 2, and 5 is ass), I thought Rocky Balboa was really good.

On a semi-related note, I got the recent Rambo movie on DVD really cheap the other day, but have yet to watch it. Any good? I just want to see him murder people.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #4927 on: July 06, 2017, 01:30:58 AM »
I would not call it a good movie at all, despite it containing murder.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4928 on: July 06, 2017, 01:41:46 AM »

Crazy, ain't it?  I've seen the 3rd one with SLJ, which is great, so that has to count for something! :biggrin: :lol

The 3rd is my favourite of them all :tup
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4929 on: July 06, 2017, 02:18:15 AM »
I've never enjoyed a Stallone movie, not even in a "haha it's fun cause it's cheesy" way, I got Van Damme for that hehe

Online faizoff

« Reply #4930 on: July 06, 2017, 05:55:53 AM »
Men in Black II - I'm not sure what was missing in this movie, I think it had all the right things but something was lacking to really make this more likable. I mean there were great parts here and there, don't think they were able to nail the flow of the movie like they did with the other two.

The Lego Batman Movie - This movie was hilarious! I think I liked it even more than the Lego movie, very well done and entertaining throughout.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4931 on: July 06, 2017, 06:07:01 AM »
Watched Jungle 2 Jungle the other night. Classic.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4932 on: July 06, 2017, 09:31:19 AM »
Creed

I've been on the fence as to if I should invest the time in watching Creed. There's so much to watch and I always see it sitting there....but I never pull the trigger on it. But you aren't the first person to give it a good review so I guess I just need to go ahead and watch it.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #4933 on: July 06, 2017, 11:09:51 AM »
Creed

I've been on the fence as to if I should invest the time in watching Creed. There's so much to watch and I always see it sitting there....but I never pull the trigger on it. But you aren't the first person to give it a good review so I guess I just need to go ahead and watch it.

I felt the same, but then saw that it was 95% on rotten tomatoes at one point (not sure of its current rating) and Stallone was nominated for Best Supporting Actor Oscar and won a Golden Globe.  Rocky is really a supporting character in this one, and the focus is on Michael B. Jordan's character, who I loved.  It's a wonderful connection to the original films, with a lot of parallels to the original Rocky story (the unknown fighter wanting to make a name for themselves).

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Driving the nail into my head. Memory flows...
« Reply #4934 on: July 06, 2017, 12:41:52 PM »
CREED is a new franchise built upon the closure of the Rocky franchise. REally, a brilliant move by Stallone.

I really enjoyed it. Good story.

As for Rocky Balboa, I liked it more when it first came out. I still like it, and like the message it sends. But it hasn't aged well for me. But it's tons better than Rocky V.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - Out in May 2024!

www.roadstomadness.com