Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 558526 times)

Offline aurorablind

Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #4725 on: May 15, 2017, 06:20:56 AM »
Manchester by the Sea...just.....wow... :hefdaddy

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #4726 on: May 15, 2017, 07:30:27 AM »
Sully - Tom Hanks kicks ass. 

Great film and great story - he was celebrated so much in the media and public that I didn't think about the other side of things and whether the airlines and NTSB would have any issues with his decision to land the plan in the water. 

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4727 on: May 15, 2017, 09:19:05 AM »
Requiem for a Dream is the best movie I've ever seen and not felt compelled to ever watch again :lol

This probably sums it up. Masterful movie but I will never want to go through the characters' pain again.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4728 on: May 15, 2017, 10:05:16 AM »
That shit is so depressing. I was getting sad this morning just thinking about it  :lol

Aronofsky really know how to made some sad ass (although really good) films

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4729 on: May 15, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »
Noah was awful though.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4730 on: May 18, 2017, 05:49:11 AM »
King Arthur.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  The comedic aspects definitely felt out of place, and there were a couple of plot-holes, but overall, very enjoyable movie.  Hope it succeeds, as they clearly are setting it up for sequel(s).
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4731 on: May 18, 2017, 06:20:31 AM »
King ARFAH!!!!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #4732 on: May 18, 2017, 08:40:46 AM »
That shit is so depressing. I was getting sad this morning just thinking about it  :lol

Aronofsky really know how to made some sad ass (although really good) films

I used to have a lot of fun hyping that movie up to some of the teenagers who I worked with at my family's restaurant and convincing them to go home and watch it without warning them at all what it was about. Got a couple of wonderful reactions out of that after the fact.  :lol :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4733 on: May 18, 2017, 10:02:53 AM »
Speaking of Aronofsky, I watched The Fountain again with a friend who hadn't seen it. Damn I absolutely love that movie and it's one of my favorites of all time.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #4734 on: May 18, 2017, 09:55:16 PM »
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963): 3 hours of insanity with the Jonathan Winters gas station scene being my favorite part 4/5

Nocturnal Animals (2016): My only complaints are the offputting opening credits and the sudden ending. Also Michael Shannon is awesome in this (as he usually is) 4/5

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me: I figured I should watch this seeing as season 3 is just days away. The show quickly became one of my favorites but this movie didn't click with me as much as the show. I know Twin Peaks is a weird place but I think Lynch may have gone a bit too weird and abstract with some of the stuff here. Maybe he planned to explain things more in the follow up movies that were canned after this one bombed. 3/5
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #4735 on: May 18, 2017, 09:59:32 PM »
I rewatched the first Pirates of the Caribbean. I want to get through the first four and then see the new one. I always loved those movies though I only saw the first three.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4736 on: May 18, 2017, 10:35:24 PM »
The fourth one isn't bad.  It's a lot of fun, and it has that one guy in it, and that other guy too, and that one chick that was in that other movie, and Captain Jack of course.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4737 on: May 18, 2017, 11:39:03 PM »
I think the first three are really good. Two is my favorite, the third one is a bit messy but it's still cool. The fourth one is an absolute cinematic atrocity, and the new one looks like it will be even worse.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4738 on: May 19, 2017, 06:04:06 AM »
I think the first three are really good. Two is my favorite, the third one is a bit messy but it's still cool. The fourth one is an absolute cinematic atrocity, and the new one looks like it will be even worse.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Although, I'll still probably go and see it - Bardem is great to watch, and there's always hope that Rush can put on a performance like the first film.

I have no hope for Depp though.  He's been going through the motions on these since World's End just to get money for alimony payments.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4739 on: May 19, 2017, 06:11:42 AM »
I saw two and three in the theaters. I remember feeling that the soundtrack for some of the parts in the second film were so intense. I wound up downloading it and listening to it constantly.

I've always been a Depp fan and Geoffrey Rush is awesome, too. His best performance, at least in my opinion of movies I've seen him in, is Quills. Being a huge fan of Marquis de Sade I was so glad they cast him. He was even great to watch in House on Haunted Hill. He and Famke Janssen as a couple is brilliant. She plays such a convincing bitch and something about it makes her extremely appealing.

And I never get tired of looking at this either...

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4740 on: May 19, 2017, 07:45:17 AM »
Well yeah.... Knightley is sorely missed.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4741 on: May 19, 2017, 10:53:57 PM »
She's not in the new one?  I thought I heard she was.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4742 on: May 20, 2017, 02:07:26 AM »
Orlando Bloom is, but I don't think she is.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4743 on: May 20, 2017, 06:48:26 AM »
They are both listed in the cast. They might have small parts.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4744 on: May 20, 2017, 10:42:59 AM »

Knightley certainly does.

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4745 on: May 20, 2017, 10:44:03 AM »

Knightley certainly does.

Ohhhh snap!
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #4746 on: May 20, 2017, 12:04:18 PM »
Had a $5.00 credit on Vudu, so I rented Interstellar.  That was absolutely fantastic.  Incredible visuals.  I usually pay very little attention to a movie's score, but I couldn't help but notice how the music in the film seemed non-traditional to other blockbusters and was more in line with classic sci-fi films.  It made everything feel much more intense. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4747 on: May 20, 2017, 01:16:08 PM »
Really good film. Amazing score. Awesome visuals.

But then it completely falls apart when they meet Matt Damon ( save for the docking scene ) and never recovers.

A fifth dimensional tesseract built inside a black hole so he can communicate with Murphy in the past via a watch ...

Then gets jettisoned out to get picked up by a space station which is bound for the new planet - meets 100 year old Murphy for two minutes then fucks off again ?!

Probably the lousiest script Nolan has filmed so far. And I enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises.

I know Nolan is more about the big picture and the little details aren't as important to him but... That 3rd act. Yikes.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4748 on: May 20, 2017, 03:44:00 PM »
Last film seen... The Blues Brothers. For the first time ever.

I would have never guessed that a movie called The Blues Brothers was about two brothers whose surname was Blues  :biggrin: :lol but seriously, I thought it was just a title for the two characters, since they were "partners in crime" and obviously into blues, I would have never guessed the title was so literal.

Fun movie, but I guess the time to see it was back there in the moment. The car chases were so absurd and over the top  :lol and now I can see why those two characters were so iconic.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4749 on: May 20, 2017, 03:49:45 PM »
Currently watching Jurassic World for this first time since the cinema.

I still think it's way better than Lost World & Jurassic Park 3.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4750 on: May 20, 2017, 08:51:39 PM »
Last film seen... The Blues Brothers. For the first time ever.

I would have never guessed that a movie called The Blues Brothers was about two brothers whose surname was Blues  :biggrin: :lol but seriously, I thought it was just a title for the two characters, since they were "partners in crime" and obviously into blues, I would have never guessed the title was so literal.

Fun movie, but I guess the time to see it was back there in the moment. The car chases were so absurd and over the top  :lol and now I can see why those two characters were so iconic.

Yeah, the Blues Brothers is definitely a product of its time, but in its time, it was the absolute bomb.  Solid state awesomeness.

Finally saw The Hateful Eight.  I can see how Tarantino was thinking about The Thing (1982) and Reservoir Dogs when he wrote this.  Typical Tarantino monologuing by various characters, plenty of fun, snappy dialogue, blood and guts, and a cast that ranges from downright despicable to severely messed-up, and everything in between.  Some interesting twists, but overall a middle-of-the-pack Tarantino film for me, probably even bottom half.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #4751 on: May 21, 2017, 10:26:39 AM »
I watched The Mast of Zorro last night. Very underrated movie. Fun characters, great music, and great stunts! I make time to watch it every year.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4752 on: May 21, 2017, 10:41:29 AM »
I watched The Mast of Zorro last night. Very underrated movie. Fun characters, great music, and great stunts! I make time to watch it every year.

Never seen that one. I assume it's the one where he's on a boat the whole time?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4753 on: May 21, 2017, 05:07:36 PM »
I watched two movies yesterday.

Lavender - Good psychological thriller with a twist at the end. This girl was in the movie and she looks vaguely familiar - a pleasure to watch nevertheless.

The Host - Overall a good movie, especially for something I would consider sci-fi. I mainly checked it out because Saoirse Ronan was in it.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #4754 on: May 21, 2017, 05:15:56 PM »

Oh boy... :rollin
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #4755 on: May 21, 2017, 10:10:16 PM »
Or it's the XXX parody.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4756 on: May 26, 2017, 07:29:24 AM »
from 1977, one of my favorite B-ish movies. THE CAR!!

Demon car from hell, possessed by Satan out to kill everybody...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 07:35:40 AM by Phoenix87x »

Offline faizoff

« Reply #4757 on: May 26, 2017, 08:00:39 AM »
I remember watching that movie as a kid and I couldn't sleep for several nights. I watched it with my dad and am very surprised he let me watch it with him. If I'm not mistaken the end part of the movie has a shot that the Knight Rider used in an episode.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4758 on: May 26, 2017, 02:53:03 PM »
Is it better or worse than Christine ?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4759 on: May 26, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »
Never heard of The Car, but I liked Christine so I would be interested to hear also if it's better or worse