Author Topic: Last movie you saw?  (Read 560902 times)

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
Re: Last movie you saw?
« Reply #3990 on: January 13, 2017, 08:46:38 PM »
James Cameron + Arnie was always a guaranteed winner. :tup

You have murdered our women, and our children, and bombed our cities from afar, like cowards, and you dare to call "us" terrorists?Now, we have the ability to strike back at our enemies. Unless "you" "America" pull all military forces out of the Persian gulf area, immediately, and forever, Crimson Jihad will rain fire on one major U.S. city each week, until our demands are met. First, we will detonate one nuclear weapon on this uninhabited island as a demonstration of our power. But, if these demands are not met, Crimson Jihad will rain fire on one major U.S. city each week.

Oh man, such great one-liners.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #3991 on: January 13, 2017, 08:46:57 PM »
The Jamie Lee Curtis strip tease scene in True Lies is pretty pretty pretty good.

:lol Not gonna deny that.

I recently tried to track down the original French movie it's based on, La Totale, but couldn't find any English subtitle files for it. I skimmed it and recognized a lot of the scenes though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online faizoff

« Reply #3992 on: January 13, 2017, 09:06:15 PM »
It's a crying shame that True Lies and The Abyss still don't have a bluray release.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Online NoseofNicko

« Reply #3993 on: January 13, 2017, 09:18:34 PM »
True Lies is pure awesomeness!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3994 on: January 13, 2017, 09:49:47 PM »
It's a crying shame that True Lies and The Abyss still don't have a bluray release.

How did that happen? Does James Cameron not want to re-release his movies until he can personally direct a 3D conversion super deluxe director's cut or something?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3995 on: January 13, 2017, 10:00:36 PM »

Oh man, such great one-liners.

"If you need to talk...speak into the purse."

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3996 on: January 13, 2017, 10:03:22 PM »
That's unreal that True Lies hasn't been released on blu ray

Online faizoff

« Reply #3997 on: January 13, 2017, 11:22:22 PM »
Not sure if it's the studio or James Cameron himself that hasn't commissioned a BR release. There are rumblings that a release is being prepped but that's been going for a while now.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3998 on: January 14, 2017, 01:34:09 AM »
Saw The Accountant last night. I enjoyed it a lot.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3999 on: January 14, 2017, 07:50:59 PM »
Just got back from seeing Passengers and despite not being a fan of Jennifer Lawrence the movies was really good. The visual effects were incredible and the writing was pretty good.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #4000 on: January 15, 2017, 04:00:40 AM »
Inferno, the Dan Brown one.

Altough I'm italian I saw it in original language (as I do with everything), so it was very funny to hear foreign actors pretending to be italian and speaking the language, the words were right but the accent was so evident  :lol

All in all a nice movie, the story has many "Danbrownisms"... I get that it's nice and atmospheric to have the characters in famous historical places, but often in its books and stories these landmarks are there for the complete pleasure of the protagonists, and no tourists or guardians are ever around.

To make an example, in the movie Robert Langdon is one of the few erudite persons who know of a secret passageway between two important palaces of Florence, and uses it to escape the bad guys chasing him. While in reality 1) that passage is very famous and 2) as everyone could predict even without being an expert of art and history, it's closed and open to visits by booking.

If there was such a passage between, dunno, the White House and the Capitol in Washington, I would assume as well it's either closed, or open to select visits , and not just there for someone to accidentally enter unannounced in the Oval Office.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4001 on: January 15, 2017, 04:33:57 AM »
At work they just put in a small bookcase in the corner with a few novels on them. All the Lord of The Rings and several Dan Brown.

Just for fun i read the first chpater of The Da Vinci Code...

:lolpalm: I get all the criticisms. He was writing like he was a teenager. The descriptions of objects are completely extraneous and sound like he just looked up "expensive watch" on Google and

wrote down the model number as "research".

And at one point the character ( forget his name - let's say 'John' ) needs to hide behind a painting - and the sentence goes something like

" He needed to hide behind a painting so HE pulled down the painting and it fell on John "

:rollin.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4002 on: January 15, 2017, 09:45:28 AM »
For the First Time

Die Hard. Never saw this one before and even though I basically knew everything that was going to happen I still enjoyed it. I see why it's a classic.

Fargo. The Coen brothers movie. Good, weird, funny. Didn't feel as if it had much of a point, but since it's based on a true story I can look past that.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4003 on: January 15, 2017, 09:57:12 AM »
For the First Time

Die Hard. Never saw this one before and even though I basically knew everything that was going to happen I still enjoyed it. I see why it's a classic.

Fargo. The Coen brothers movie. Good, weird, funny. Didn't feel as if it had much of a point, but since it's based on a true story I can look past that.

Except it isn't :rollin.

They put that at the beginning as a joke.

I love Fargo - it's so hilariously subtle. Which is their forte I think. They don't do out and out rip roaring comedy quite so well.

Online Adami

« Reply #4004 on: January 15, 2017, 10:56:10 AM »

I feel like most Coen brothers movies don't really have a point. Still love them though.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline jammindude

« Reply #4005 on: January 15, 2017, 12:35:00 PM »
The extended cut of Suicide Squad.   I have never seen the theatrical cut.   (It came with the set I bought, but I heard the extended was better, so I watched that first)

It was OK.  Fairly entertaining.   The acting performances by everyone were excellent.   But I can see why everyone said it was a mess.   The writing was terrible.   Some people and plot points just seemed to appear out of nowhere, and there was very little motivation written into the story line.   Overall it was pretty disappointing.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4006 on: January 15, 2017, 12:39:31 PM »
I heard it does that thing that pisses me off in Hollywood movies - when they remind you of something that happened like a few scenes ago.

Um...I remember...It was like 20 mins ago.

- - - - - -

Ant Man did that. Right at the end just before Paul Rudd shrinks down to atomic size - you get the whole "NEVER GO TO ATOMIC SIZE" scene again from earlier in the film.

I REMEMBER FFS.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4007 on: January 15, 2017, 03:25:12 PM »
Just came back from the Assassin's Creed movie. I liked it. Not a lot, and it's a bit overly silly at times. But still an enjoyable time.

For the First Time

Except it isn't :rollin.

They put that at the beginning as a joke.

Okay, well I bought it. Then the movie just has no point for no reason, and I think a bit less of it. Still a good movie though.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #4008 on: January 16, 2017, 04:13:28 AM »
Predator 2

I know a lot of people didn't like it since there's no Arnold, but I have always really enjoyed this movie.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4009 on: January 16, 2017, 10:00:08 AM »
Same here.  Arnold is cool, but the movie wasn't about him; it was about The Predator.  And like a good sequel, they explored more of the background of the creature and expanded upon it, rather than just giving us more of the same.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4010 on: January 16, 2017, 10:09:50 AM »
My least favourite part of Predator was actually the end when it was more about the Predator itself. I actually found the ending fairly dull.
I enjoyed the first 3/4 of the movie much more, with Arnie and a bunch of goons killing people in the jungle and giving hilarious one liners.
Still a really good movie, but I've had no interest in watching a sequel without Arnie.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4011 on: January 16, 2017, 10:10:30 AM »
There's loads of 80s Arnie movies i've never seen like Commando or Predator or Red whatever its called when he plays a Russian ??

Also never seen any Conan.

* Just checked and it's Red Heat i'm thinking of but he is also in a swords 'n' sorcery film called Red Sonja ! With Brigette Nielsen :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4012 on: January 16, 2017, 10:12:48 AM »
There's loads of 80s Arnie movies i've never seen like Commando or Predator or Red whatever its called when he plays a Russian ??

Also never seen any Conan.

The Russian one is Red Heat. I got it ages ago, but haven't watched it yet. I assume it's not one of his better ones. Arnie isn't playing Arnie. Screw that. :lol
I've seen the first Conan. It was ok, nothing special.

Commando is a must see Arnie movie. It's the prototypical Arnie action movie, with no holds barred action, great one liners, and imo is one of the best action movies of all time.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4013 on: January 16, 2017, 10:15:27 AM »
I like Red Heat.  Jim Belushi is a fun guy, and Arnie is still Arnie, just in a different kind of way.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4014 on: January 16, 2017, 10:16:32 AM »
Which is the film where he goes " i did nothing - the pavement was his enemy " ? :rollin

He is the king of the quip.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4015 on: January 16, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »
I like Red Heat.  Jim Belushi is a fun guy, and Arnie is still Arnie, just in a different kind of way.

Hm, maybe I should finally get around to watching it tomorrow. Got nothing better to do anyway.

Online Adami

« Reply #4016 on: January 16, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »
Which is the film where he goes " i did nothing - the pavement was his enemy " ? :rollin

He is the king of the quip.

Twins.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #4017 on: January 16, 2017, 12:13:25 PM »
I watched Fury yesterday on Netflix.

My expectations weren't high, but I really enjoyed it! Great battle scenes, and some really gruesome bits from word go.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4018 on: January 16, 2017, 01:04:37 PM »

Hm, maybe I should finally get around to watching it tomorrow. Got nothing better to do anyway.

I remember thinking Red Heat wasn't that great, I should try and watch it again sometime.

Commando and Predator are pure classic!  And I know Terminator 2 always gets such rave reviews, but I prefer the Terminator 1 by far.

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #4019 on: January 16, 2017, 02:31:43 PM »
Red Heat wasn't that great, but it wasn't horrible.  Some good one-liners from both Belushi and Arnold, and Gina Gershon as the hot babe (no tits or anything, even though it's rated R :().  I was just saying it's worth at least checking out if you like Arnold.  It wasn't a complete waste of time or anything.  Plus Arnold's Austrian accent gets to stand in for a Russian accent.  What a country!

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4020 on: January 16, 2017, 06:32:20 PM »
Commando is a must see Arnie movie. It's the prototypical Arnie action movie, with no holds barred action, great one liners, and imo is one of the best action movies of all time.

I'm one of those people that find the simple summer blockbuster action movies dumb and not worth my time but as far as just really mindless simple action movies I love Commando to death for all the reasons you mentioned. Anyone who has a remote interest in those kinds of movies that doesn't see it is doing themselves a disservice.

I also find Falling Down in the same vein although that movie is supposed to be more dramatic. It's a weak story but each scene with Michael Douglas is so bizarrely great and unique that it makes it worth the watch just for the pure entertainment value. If the DVD had a feature to skip all the Robert Duvall scenes it'd be even better.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4021 on: January 16, 2017, 06:40:57 PM »
Sometimes we just need shit blowing up and,Bennett letting out some steam.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4022 on: January 16, 2017, 06:42:12 PM »
He fucking lied to Sonny, though.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4023 on: January 16, 2017, 06:48:41 PM »
I'd lie to anyone in The Warriors movie.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4024 on: January 16, 2017, 06:49:55 PM »
He fucking lied to Sonny, though.

Also the car was ok when Arnold drove away.