General > Movies and TV

Last movie you saw?

(1/1733) > >>

hefdaddy42:
Thread title says it all.  It's not a general movie thread, or talk about films that are going to be coming out later.  Just tell us the last film you saw, and discussion should follow.

Last night the family and I watched The Judge with Robert Downey Jr and Robert Duvall.  Wow, what a great piece of film work.  A fantastic cast working working with a good script and getting good direction is usually an enjoyable experience, regardless of the story details, and this was that.  It hit home a little for me because it dealt with issues like declining health and death of older parents, things I have had to deal with, and it dealt with them in a real, human way, not the normal Hollywood bullshit.  I really can't recommend it highly enough.

bl5150:
Interesting - never heard of The Judge but I love Robert Duvall.

Last I saw was Kingsman at the movies - loved it.  Like Bond meets The Matrix meets Austin Powers.

Kotowboy:
Last film I saw in the cinema was probably Interstellar.

KevShmev:
A Fish Called Wanda

I had never gotten around to seeing this, but finally did so recently, and it had me howling more times than I can remember.  Kevin Kline absolutely deserved the Oscar he won.

Scorpion:

--- Quote from: KevShmev on March 28, 2015, 06:27:33 AM ---A Fish Called Wanda

I had never gotten around to seeing this, but finally did so recently, and it had me howling more times than I can remember.  Kevin Kline absolutely deserved the Oscar he won.

--- End quote ---

Yes! That is my favourite comedy of all time. Kevin Kline and John Cleese are both amazing in it, though my favourite part of it is and will always remain when Michael Palin's character has to assassinate the old lady and keeps killing her dogs. :rollin :rollin

--- Quote from: bl5150 on March 28, 2015, 06:20:00 AM ---Last I saw was Kingsman at the movies - loved it.  Like Bond meets The Matrix meets Austin Powers.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, same here. Wow, what a good movie. Thoroughly entertaining. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes a good action flick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version