Author Topic: Tom Cruise strapped himself to the side of a ****ing flying airbus for M:I-5  (Read 2310 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
That's insane! Funny enough I was actually thinking the same question the last time I flew, wonder what it would be like to hang on to the wing during take off and flight?
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
He's got more cojones than me !!!!

In MI:6 will he hang on the outside of a rocket going to Mir ? :P

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
I need to become an actor.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
This wouldn't be the first time Tom has done his own insane stunt.  Mad props.

Offline The Trooper

As much as I dislike him on a personal level. I give him respect on what he does in his films. The guy is a monster and has balls.So Kudos. I skydive regularly. But my ass hanging on a plane......... I will pass

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
As much as I dislike him on a personal level. I give him respect on what he does in his films. The guy is a monster and has balls.So Kudos. I skydive regularly. But my ass hanging on a plane......... I will pass

My thoughts exactly.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
He didnt come across too well in the new HBO Scientology documentary I just watched.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
I don't really care about that. I've heard he's a total professional, really great to work with and seems like a cool guy away from his scientology.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5

My thoughts exactly.

This and this...

I don't really care about that. I've heard he's a total professional, really great to work with and seems like a cool guy away from his scientology.

I can count on one hand the number of Tom Cruise movies I disliked. I enjoy near every movie he makes and think he's a pretty good freakin actor. The whole Scientology thing is a small turn off but whatever...
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
It's not like he's known for violent outbursts or anything like a Colin Farrell type.

And yes - he's dependable in all his films. I loved War Of The Worlds, Oblivion, Edge Of Tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:23:35 AM by Kotowboy »

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
His cameo in Tropic Thunder was awesome.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
I've heard he's a total professional, really great to work with and seems like a cool guy

There is story after story of the cool things he does for the cast and crew of the movies he is filming. He does seem like a genuinely good guy. I've not ragged on him or Travolta for their 'belief' in Scientology....to each his own....

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
It seems that lots of actors working with TC usually gets the question "what's it like to work with TC"? You often hear them talking about how nice and professional he really is behind the scenes. He's a great actor and there's very few films with him that I don't like.

Top 5 in no particular order:

Top Gun
Rain Man
Jerry Maguire
Mission Impossible 3
Collateral
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
A Few Good Men, he was spot on in that
I actually liked and enjoyed 'Oblivion'...don't know why so many people dissed it.
'Far and Away' was a good movie, plus that's when Kidman was smokin' hot
I liked 'Minority Report' also
The Color of Money....great!
The Firm, Interview with a Vampire, Cocktail, Taps, Born on the Fourth of July

Dudes had some great movies. His image just got screwed by a vindictive media over that couch jumping thing.....he jumps on a couch and gets lambasted but Alec Baldwin can punch a photog a week and utter gay slurs and all is good?