Author Topic: I'm back  (Read 295 times)

Offline glassprisoner

I'm back
« on: March 05, 2024, 01:04:55 PM »
Hey fellow fans.

Used to frequent one of the original DT forums. 2001 or so. I believe Itchy was mod, and I don't remember many names save for standbuilder. Honestly, I  don't remember much from those dark times. Oddly enough, my original username was still available. So, here I am.

Excited to see what happens in the next chapter of DT. Honestly, and not to start anything, I drifted away after Dark Clouds & Silver Linings. I've listened to some of the newer  stuff, but it never really clicked with me the way the first 4 or 5 albums did.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: I'm back
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 01:16:20 PM »
Welcome back!

Believe it or not, I think I remember you.  I definitely remember that username!

Just as an FYI, we don't actually discuss DT much in the General Discussion section.  That would be in the Dream Theater subforum.  Discuss them there to your heart's content.

Again, welcome back!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 11:25:01 AM »
hi there!

welcome back!

Offline WilliamMunny

• Generation Mixtape
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 11:53:48 AM »
Hey, welcome back...looks like you picked a great time to revisit the forum (with MP back in the saddle)!

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 11:56:13 AM »
Hello.

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • DTF.org Member
  • AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 12:20:53 PM »
Unfortunately you missed the Wildranger saga...
aka Puppies_On_Acid
My last.fm | My Rate Your Music Page
Quote from: Podaar
King's Photoshop powers are akin to a three year old cutting faces out of photographs with the edge of a dull spoon and pasting them in place with garden shovel full of Gorilla Glue.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024, 04:25:41 PM »
Hey fellow fans.

Used to frequent one of the original DT forums. 2001 or so. I believe Itchy was mod, and I don't remember many names save for standbuilder. Honestly, I  don't remember much from those dark times. Oddly enough, my original username was still available. So, here I am.

Excited to see what happens in the next chapter of DT. Honestly, and not to start anything, I drifted away after Dark Clouds & Silver Linings. I've listened to some of the newer  stuff, but it never really clicked with me the way the first 4 or 5 albums did.

Welcome back!
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Skeever

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2024, 07:13:17 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

Offline nobloodyname

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2024, 11:34:10 PM »
Paul
Gamer, rocker, humanist, womble
Leicestershire, UK
Getting right out of my comfort zone: www.youtube.com/@paulplayspoorly Go on, you can do it, too! (24/3/2024: Now playing on Paul Plays Poorly!, The Answer Lies Within by Dream Theater)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 04:01:45 AM »

Unlike Hef and XJ, I don't remember you.  :lol

But have some bacon regardless!  :godisgood:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion