Author Topic: Larry David: Curb Your Enthusiasm  (Read 40888 times)

Online Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Larry David: Curb Your Enthusiasm
« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2024, 08:20:31 AM »
You know, I really enjoyed that episode a lot more than I thought I would.  There were SO many little nuggets in that episode.    The sort of meta- discussion with Leon complaining about Kramer "walk into your fucking house unannounced and shit".  I'm sure there will be debate about this, but I loved how he so clearly tied Leon to Kramer, and tied himself to Jerry (the scene where they are walking away from the camera, and Jerry sort of adopts that laconic stroll that Larry has was impressive.)

I also laughed out loud when Jerry said to Leon, "they're on Laserdisc; do you have a Laserdisk player?" and Leon is completely baffled. Hilarious.

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #246 on: April 09, 2024, 08:50:20 AM »
Yeah, there were just sooo many nuggets.

One small one, when Larry is first seeing Richard's new gf and she throws her keys to the guy at the vallet parking  :lol I lost my shit when you could clearly see that in the background. And that's a recent call back. 

I loved seeing the girl from the doll episode which was one of the all time best IMO. 

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2024, 12:12:10 PM »
Loved the finale. Even though it was clear for a while that this was gonna end in a trial similar to Seinfeld, it was still hilarious and had some great guest appearances. Fitting ending for this show.

I was kinda hoping they would go in a slightly different direction for the trial. Instead of a bunch of past characters coming back and saying “Larry did this and that and he’s an asshole”, maybe they come back and say “Larry did this and that, but y’know, in hindsight he was right”.  :lol

Online cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2024, 12:28:35 PM »
Loved the finale. Even though it was clear for a while that this was gonna end in a trial similar to Seinfeld, it was still hilarious and had some great guest appearances. Fitting ending for this show.

I was kinda hoping they would go in a slightly different direction for the trial. Instead of a bunch of past characters coming back and saying “Larry did this and that and he’s an asshole”, maybe they come back and say “Larry did this and that, but y’know, in hindsight he was right”.  :lol

They basically did that in the Fatwa season, where people in the past came back and said Larry was a good guy for the things he did. 

Offline Metro

• DTF Resident Sloth
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Keeper of the Seven Sloths
« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2024, 12:30:30 PM »
They did didn’t they? That feels like a lifetime ago.