Author Topic: Worst Movies  (Read 11041 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Worst Movies
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2015, 02:53:44 PM »
The Fifth Element and Jacob's Ladder are both pretty good movies. 

I can see how someone may not like them (not everything is everyone's cup of tea), but they don't belong on a "worst ever" list.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2015, 03:03:57 PM »
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE

The original SPIT (78 I think) was quite original for it's time IMO... and as gritty as anything that Argento or Fulci were doing at the time (or since).  It is, however, quite rough to watch.  I wouldn't watch it more than once; but the story was solid.

Actually, looking back at the movies I've seen, I cannot believe some of the things I used to watch!

I saw some of the original on one of those more obscure cable stations at a friend's house several months ago.

Before that I saw the remake on late-night TNT, or one of those basic-cable stations where they show horror those kinds of movies late at night.

Even edited for commercial T.V., it looked to me like the remake was a lot gorier than the original.

Am I right?

I've not seen the remake; the original was enough for me  :lol.  If the cable station that you saw the original on was edited for content, you were likely missing some of the more... intense... parts.  Actually, I'm unsure of how one would edit the original for cable viewing and hold the storyline honestly.

Again, imo, the newer movies don't hold a candle to the old Italian movies. 

I actually quite enjoyed The Fifth Element... haven't seen Jacob's Ladder yet though.
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2015, 03:11:53 PM »
Cannot stand The Fifth Element. Such a stupid movie. It's like Napoleon Dynamite stupid. There's a movie that belongs in this thread.

Calvin6s

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2015, 03:25:30 PM »
Cannot stand The Fifth Element. Such a stupid movie. It's like Napoleon Dynamite stupid. There's a movie that belongs in this thread.

This is why this thread is so great.  One person's flop is another person's gem.  I'm not saying Napoleon Dynamite was great, but I enjoyed it.

Ok.  Just thought of not a single bad movie, but a specific actor that made guaranteed bad movies.  So pick any one you want from the karate acting genius known as Michael Dudikoff. First off   DUDE ikoff.  Second, b-grade karate.  Note: just the movies he was the main attraction like American Ninja.  Not where he played a bit part like Conscript#2 in Tron.  Tron was awesome.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2015, 03:33:30 PM »
I used to have a copy of the Fifth Element.

Watched it several times.

I still have Battlefield Earth, but haven't watched it for quite a while.

Neither of them are great cinematic achievements, but they do what their kind of movie is supposed to do, in that they are entertaining.

And I thought that Jacob's Ladder had at least some popularity among horror-movie fans.
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2015, 04:13:34 PM »
Yeah, Battlefield Earth is right up there for making people blind.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2015, 04:56:50 PM »
The Fifth Element and Jacob's Ladder are both pretty good movies. 

I can see how someone may not like them (not everything is everyone's cup of tea), but they don't belong on a "worst ever" list.

Agreed. I love both of them for way different reasons.

I do agree on Napoleon Dynamite, Zook. What a piece of shit! I could NOT understand why my friends in college loved it.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2015, 05:35:15 PM »

Before you even learned how to spell your name.. I was being trained, to conquer galaxies!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2015, 05:38:32 PM »

Before you even learned how to SPELL YOUR NAME.. I was being trained, to conquer galaxies!

fixed

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2015, 06:15:11 PM »

Before you even learned how to spell your name.. I was being trained, to conquer galaxies!

I'm having a seizure.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline chaossystem

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2015, 07:47:14 PM »

You mean it's so bad it causes blindness?
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2015, 08:02:29 PM »
Yup.  Cause you'll rip your eyes out while watching it.  :lol

Offline chaossystem

« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2015, 08:08:48 PM »

This is why this thread is so great.  One person's flop is another person's gem.  I'm not saying Napoleon Dynamite was great, but I enjoyed it.

Ok.  Just thought of not a single bad movie, but a specific actor that made guaranteed bad movies.  So pick any one you want from the karate acting genius known as Michael Dudikoff. First off   DUDE ikoff.  Second, b-grade karate.  Note: just the movies he was the main attraction like American Ninja.  Not where he played a bit part like Conscript#2 in Tron.  Tron was awesome.

I was going to say that a good example of a movie that would make ME want to pop my eyeballs out would be Freddy Got Fingered.

But your post inspired me to expand it in this way:

ANYTHING with Tom Green it.
 UGGHH!
I don't know how ANYONE can stand to look at him or hear him in any capacity!

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2015, 08:21:09 PM »
Glitter and From Justin To Kelly

Oh and Spice World.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2015, 11:52:48 PM »
I do agree on Napoleon Dynamite, Zook. What a piece of shit! I could NOT understand why my friends in college loved it.

I only saw about half an hour of that movie randomly while someone else was watching it, so I can't really judge the movie overall, but what I saw of it was awful. I've hated that main guy ever since. He just has a face you want to punch.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2015, 12:57:49 AM »
I default to Zardoz.  I'm not sure if it was actually bad, or if I just didn't 'get' it.  Either way, I got no enjoyment out of that movie whatsoever.  And I'm the kind of person who can usually find something to enjoy in just about anything. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2015, 02:35:11 AM »
Anything by Adam Sandler in the last ten years.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2015, 04:49:40 AM »
I remember that guy.  Yeah, he made some pretty bad movies.

You mean it's so bad it causes blindness?
Yes.  Easily one of the worst things ever inflicted on the world's cinema screens.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2015, 05:29:05 AM »
I watched Red Letter Media's review of it and it looked hysterically awful.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2015, 07:09:03 AM »
Was reminded of Galaxy Quest on twitter and was thinking how awful it would be if the Wayans did a "Space Movie" about Star Trek.

The captain would be called James T Jerk.

The First Officer would be called Kock

The Ship would be called the " Ussssssssssssss Business Venture "

NCC 420

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2015, 08:29:54 AM »
Was reminded of Galaxy Quest on twitter and was thinking how awful it would be if the Wayans did a "Space Movie" about Star Trek.

The captain would be called James T Jerk.

The First Officer would be called Kock

The Ship would be called the " Ussssssssssssss Business Venture "

NCC 420

Still would be better than scary movie 5 now that is a movie that belongs in this thread.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2015, 08:33:40 AM »
I never saw it. I stopped at 3.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2015, 09:35:38 AM »
IMO, The Gambler may deserve to be listed.  There were so many directions in which that idea could have gone...

Also The Day the Earth Stood Still
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2015, 10:32:07 AM »
You talking the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still I assume.

Offline BlackInk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2015, 10:35:04 AM »
I didn't mind that one. It was no materpiece for sure, but it wasn't that bad.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2015, 10:40:13 AM »
I didn't mind that one. It was no materpiece for sure, but it wasn't that bad.
I agree.  It wasn't very good, certainly, but it wasn't terrible, either.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2015, 10:56:37 AM »
Ishtar.  Two great actor in such a wreck of a movie.

Calvin6s

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2015, 11:46:45 AM »
Ishtar.  Two great actor in such a wreck of a movie.

I've never even seen it.  That might have been the worst reviewed movie of all time (until the next worst movie).  But I recall it breaking "bad review" records when it came out.  Before the internet, movie goers tuned into Siskel and Ebert at the movies and they slaughtered this movie.

Trip down memory lane this thread.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2015, 11:58:39 AM »
Wow, Ishtar.  That's a really, really bad movie.

Hey, here's another oldie-but-baddie: Heaven's Gate.

Calvin6s

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2015, 01:23:45 PM »

You out nostalgia'd me.  Don't know that one, but wiki says Christopher Walken is in it so time to watch a bad movie so I can take an actor I love down a few notches.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »

You out nostalgia'd me.  Don't know that one, but wiki says Christopher Walken is in it so time to watch a bad movie so I can take an actor I love down a few notches.
As bad movies go, it's OK.

A truly horrible film?  Bill Cosby's Leonard Part 6.  It was so bad that he actually came out publicly to disavow it and tell people it was awful shortly before the release date.  And he wrote the story and produced the film!

Calvin6s

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2015, 02:00:41 PM »
A truly horrible film?  Bill Cosby's Leonard Part 6.  It was so bad that he actually came out publicly to disavow it and tell people it was awful shortly before the release date.  And he wrote the story and produced the film!

That's Bill Cosby for ya.  An open book with nothing to hide.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2015, 02:33:51 PM »
Check out the plot description from Wikipedia:

The movie starts with Parker being re-recruited by his former employers in the CIA to save the world from an evil vegetarian who brainwashes animals to kill people. The film ends with Leonard infiltrating the vegetarian base, fending off the vegetarians with magic meat he received from a Gypsy, freeing the captive animals and flooding the base using Alka-Seltzer. He escapes by riding an ostrich on the roof of the building, with the ostrich flying him down.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2015, 04:44:52 PM »
That sounds amazing.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2015, 06:07:24 PM »
Dana Carvey's "Master of Disguise". Gets 1% on Rotten Tomatoes. Features Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek TNG) who likely assassinated his own career with that movie.
It needs to be seen to be believed. This is a collection of Spiner's running gag through the movie:

https://youtu.be/dePPJxRXhT8
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."