Author Topic: Worst Movies  (Read 11069 times)

Calvin6s

Re: Worst Movies
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2015, 07:49:38 PM »
BTW, I saw Jaws 3 in a theater, complete with 3D glasses.   :metal

Me too.   I was so young, but I still was old enough to realize just how bad it was.  And it wasn't "this is bad its good" for me.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »
I remember very little of it, but the scene with the bag of dick-shaped cookies sealed the deal, I think. I just thought, that might have been funny when I was ten years old. I was flabbergasted that actors of that calibre went for a script with THAT in it.

:lol... while that definitely isn't the movie's strongest asset I think the point was that Rainbow Randolph was a total fucking psycho (and very immature), so it suited his character and all the other weird shit he did. I thought Williams and Norton were both great, as were Keener and DeVito, but it's a ridiculous movie and I can see why not everybody would like it.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Calvin6s

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2015, 08:08:28 PM »
People can dislike whatever they want, but I have to agree that I enjoyed Death to Smoochy.  Only watched it once, but it was enjoyable.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 09:28:24 PM »
It fell flatter with me than Freddy Got Fingered. I’ll say no more.

Offline ThatOneGuy2112

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2015, 09:35:15 PM »
ThanksKilling.

At least in the "so bad it's good" category. And I'm sure that it was fairly intentional.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2015, 09:48:57 PM »
The best Die Hard was the first Die Hard.  That is all.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 11:57:45 PM »

Naturally.

For me it goes  :

Die Hard > Die Hard With a Vengeance > Die Harder > Die Hard 4.0 > A Good Day To Die Hard.

Swap around 2 and 4, and ignore 5 since I haven't seen it, and that would be my ranking. Die Hard 2 was bad. I had to Google all of these, because I've never seen them referred to by anything but number. It's confusing. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2015, 12:06:45 AM »
Die Hard > Die Hard With a Vengeance > Die Harder > Die Hard 4.0 > A Good Day To Die Hard.
Same here.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2015, 12:21:05 AM »
manos: the hands of fate
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2015, 01:07:03 AM »
Beyond The Poseidon Adventure

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2015, 03:53:10 AM »
Batman and Robin on the other hand, is so bad it's amazing. I'd watch that over the Nolan ones any day of the week.

What.

I mean, you are free to have your opinion, and all that.

But what.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2015, 04:04:04 AM »
Batman and Robin on the other hand, is so bad it's amazing. I'd watch that over the Nolan ones any day of the week.

What.

But what.

TDK also had its share of stupidly laughable and non-sensical moments, but without the self awareness of being bad. I'm not generally a fan of comic book movies, which is definitely a big part of it, but I can enjoy them if they have some fun factor to them. I'm beyond over gritty and dark at this point.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2015, 04:21:16 AM »
I can't stand Batman & Robin. It's just far too stupid for me to enjoy even in a "so bad it's good" way.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2015, 04:22:27 AM »
A Good Day to Die Hard was shit. Bruce Willis clearly did not give a fuck, and it shows.

Die Hard with a Vengeance
Die Hard
Live Free or Die Hard Unrated
Die hard 2: Die Harder

If the acting wasn't so bad in Die Hard 2 it would be above Part 4, but fuck, just about everyone but Willis was terrible.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2015, 07:18:04 AM »

What.

But what.

TDK also had its share of stupidly laughable and non-sensical moments, but without the self awareness of being bad. I'm not generally a fan of comic book movies, which is definitely a big part of it, but I can enjoy them if they have some fun factor to them. I'm beyond over gritty and dark at this point.

It's like watching Killer Clown From Outer Space for Blob.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2015, 07:33:45 AM »

What.

But what.
Remember, he is from Australia.  Everything is upside down there.  Even opinions.  It's always opposite day there.

Love you, Blob.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2015, 07:38:54 AM »
That never gets old.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2015, 07:49:01 AM »
Neither do you, buddy.  :tup
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2015, 08:05:16 AM »
Mr. Coriolis

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:30 AM »
A Good Day to Die Hard was shit. Bruce Willis clearly did not give a fuck, and it shows.

Die Hard with a Vengeance
Die Hard
Live Free or Die Hard Unrated
Die hard 2: Die Harder

If the acting wasn't so bad in Die Hard 2 it would be above Part 4, but fuck, just about everyone but Willis was terrible.

I actually liked Die Hard 4.0 ( Uk Title ). But 5 was just TERRIBLE.

if they do make one more - they need to get a decent script - and get The director of the first and third movies to give it a proper send-off.

And DO NOT set up Jai Courtney as the new McClane.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2015, 10:08:11 AM »
I actually like Die Hard 4 (I know a lot of people don't), but Die Hard 5 definitely deserves a spot on this list. There's a lot of talks about Die Hard 6, and possibly having Samuel L Jackson return, make the plot tie into the original, and I would be all for that. I just hope we get a decent send off to this franchise. We don't need a Die Hard 6 to be amazing, but if it's just good.. enjoyable, then I'll be happy. And they better name it "Old Habits Die Hard".

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2015, 10:35:47 AM »
I actually like Die Hard 4 (I know a lot of people don't), but Die Hard 5 definitely deserves a spot on this list. There's a lot of talks about Die Hard 6, and possibly having Samuel L Jackson return, make the plot tie into the original, and I would be all for that. I just hope we get a decent send off to this franchise. We don't need a Die Hard 6 to be amazing, but if it's just good.. enjoyable, then I'll be happy. And they better name it "Old Habits Die Hard".
Been saying this for years.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2015, 11:01:08 AM »
I loved Die Hard 4.  It was fresh yet felt like a Die Hard movie.  An old school cop in a technological driving world.  It was fun.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2015, 11:15:56 AM »
My favorite Die Hard was Vengeance... Jackson and Willis were just a perfect couple with constant tension and the story-line nicely tied-in to the original and wrapped up the franchise in my mind.  I choose to ignore the other two... or at least view them as stand-alone movies.  And I did like LFDH.

The only movie I have ever walked out of is House of 1000 Corpses: to me, it had absolutely no redeeming qualities.  Funny enough, I thought that Devil's Rejects was very, very well done.  I also thought that Zombie's reboot of Halloween (the first reboot; I haven't seen the second) was very well done.  His character development for Myers actually made me feel very sorry for him.  Seems that Zombie really increased his chops quickly with regard to movies.

I used to be a huge horror buff.

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2015, 11:54:52 AM »
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE

The original SPIT (78 I think) was quite original for it's time IMO... and as gritty as anything that Argento or Fulci were doing at the time (or since).  It is, however, quite rough to watch.  I wouldn't watch it more than once; but the story was solid.

Actually, looking back at the movies I've seen, I cannot believe some of the things I used to watch!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »
Oh, I've seen it (the original).  That was some crazy shit.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »
Kind of surprised The Fifth Element and Jacob's Ladder have not been mentioned yet.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2015, 12:50:22 PM »
Because Fifth Element is great.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2015, 12:52:51 PM »
Kind of surprised The Fifth Element and Jacob's Ladder have not been mentioned yet.

Maybe because The Fifth Element does not fall under "worst". It's not a great movie but it doesn't suck either.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2015, 01:17:57 PM »
Oh, I've seen it (the original).  That was some crazy shit.

Yes... yes it was.  IMO, the newer movies in that vein don't hold a candle to the late 70's early-mid 80's Italian horror pictures; especially Fulci and Argento films.  I know Fulci was trying to capitalize on the success of the original Dawn of the Dead, but he made so truly horrific horror movies.  The types of movies you don't watch twice or own. :biggrin:

After racking my brain for the worst movie I've ever seen (all the way through to the end), I've got to say it's tough.  Probably either The Happening or Autumn (based on the incredible David Moody books).  I tend to vet movies nowadays before I watch them.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »

Did anyone besides me notice that D.H. 2 & 3 had nothing to do with each other?

I mean there was no continuity.

In part 2, john Mclaine had transferred to L.A., and he and his wife Holly were getting along just fine.

In part 3, they were separated, and he was back in New York.

No explanation was given for this.
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »
How much more explanation was needed?

Of all the faults of those movies, I'm not sure those even count.

Offline chaossystem

• We're on to your agenda, the dead-end road to nowhere.
  • Chapters unfinished, fading
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2015, 01:59:45 PM »
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE

The original SPIT (78 I think) was quite original for it's time IMO... and as gritty as anything that Argento or Fulci were doing at the time (or since).  It is, however, quite rough to watch.  I wouldn't watch it more than once; but the story was solid.

Actually, looking back at the movies I've seen, I cannot believe some of the things I used to watch!

I saw some of the original on one of those more obscure cable stations at a friend's house several months ago.

Before that I saw the remake on late-night TNT, or one of those basic-cable stations where they show horror those kinds of movies late at night.

Even edited for commercial T.V., it looked to me like the remake was a lot gorier than the original.

Am I right?
I can't stop the world from turning around, or the pull of the moon on the tide, but I don't believe that we're in this alone, I believe we're along for the ride...

Calvin6s

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2015, 02:12:36 PM »

Ha ha.  I'm the odd man out in my "real life" social circle when it comes to The Fifth Element.  I talked everybody into going when it came out.  I sold them with "Gary Oldman and Bruce Willis.  How is this not going to be a great movie?"  We walked in: me high expectations, friends: low expectations.  We walked out me: majorly disappointed - friends: raving how great it was.

When I was buying tons of DVDs, I almost became the local "Blockbuster" and I kept getting hounded for The Fifth Element.  I just didn't like it.  And I have a bunch of crappy DVDs, but I don't think I ever could talk myself into The Fifth Element.